Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Until this update/patch, I (and everyone else) have had access to every buff the guild had.
    Actually you had access to everything that the guild had placed on the ship. It was quite possible to not have everything your guild had access to on your ship.

This is still the case now it's just more obvious what is not already there, no real change.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Actually you had access to everything that the guild had placed on the ship. It was quite possible to not have everything your guild had access to on your ship.

This is still the case now it's just more obvious what is not already there, no real change.
    When Tscheuss said everyone has had access to everything until the recent patch, I am pretty sure that was referring to the 6 day period between Update 22 and patch 22.1, not to the 6 year-ish period that airships existed in DDO prior to update 22.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tshober View Post
    When Tscheuss said everyone has had access to everything until the recent patch, I am pretty sure that was referring to the 6 day period between Update 22 and patch 22.1, not to the 6 year-ish period that airships existed in DDO prior to update 22.
    Prior to U22, everyone in a guild had access to every buff the guild had, and they also had access to every buff a guild qualified for if there was an empty hookpoint on which to place it. Officers and guild leaders also had the ability to replace a buff, but that also meant that the buff being replaced was destroyed. A guild could not rent more amenities than they had hookpoints to place them.

Now, every officer and guild leader has access to every buff a guild owns (placed and in storage), but non-officers do not have access to the buffs in storage. Non-officers can no longer buy buffs and place them on empty hookpoints like they could under the old system; however, they can add to the guild funds and request that a given buff be purchased. Changing an amenity no longer means it will be destroyed; it is just swapped into storage. A guild can now buy more amenities than they have hookpoints.

The first week of Update 22 was too insecure with respect to everyone's access to guild funds and to all hookpoints, but the current status is too secure. I just want one room made optional for swapping. This way, the guild leader has the security of a consistent layout, and members (at GL's discretion) have access to all buffs a guild possesses. Win-win.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

I don't think a member should even need to buy the stuff. Should never run out unless the leadership/whatever went awol into limbo and left everything to rot.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567