Default Fred Not Displaying Feats

Has anyone had the issue when attempting to retrain a feat with Fred where a feat did not appear as retrainable even though it should have? Currently I'm having this issue with Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons. I currently have that feat but Fred does not display it as one of my feats I can retrain. I brought it up with a GM but was told nothing could be done and my only recourse was to submit a bug report. Just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered a similar issue and if there was a resolution.

Do you have to put the old feat youre giving up into the box, so it knows which feats you could replace it with?

Edit: Hmmm yeah thats odd its not allowing you to see that particular one. If you have overwhelming crit its possible thats the one its tethered to in the system as the "qualifyer".
    Last edited by Chai; 06-18-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

It seemed to me he doesn't show the class bonus feats, I didn't do any serious research though, just noticed it a couple times, so it might have been a coincidence; and I'm not sure about human bonus feat.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    It seemed to me he doesn't show the class bonus feats, I didn't do any serious research though, just noticed it a couple times, so it might have been a coincidence; and I'm not sure about human bonus feat.
    I'll look into that, it could very well be that he isn't showing feats taken as class feats. To the best of my knowledge though that shouldn't be a disqaulifier in so far as the feat that is being swapped in can also be taken as a class feat (I think).

If you have the epic feat "vorpal strikes" this requires improved crit bludgeon - specifically - that would be a reason it doesnt show up, disallowing you to remove a pre-req for another feat you took later on. It looks like the symbol for the stance toggle for vorpal strikes is in your top most hotbar on the right, #7. To swap out improved crit bludgeon you would have to swap out vorpal strikes first.
    Last edited by Chai; 06-18-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I don't know all the specifics for all the trees, so I don't know if this even could be an issue with the feat in question, but some enhancements rely on having a specific feat, so it could also potentially be an enhancement that is preventing your feat swap. If nothing else it might be worth looking into toward the end of shedding more light on any potential bug (and might even allow you a way to work around any potential bug).

Mostly my experience with this is with meta magics on casters, but I also know of at least one feat (power attack) that can be modified (and thus required by) enhancements...
    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    "Half the party was vomit sprinklers, then the boss rolled in."!
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I guess that does give new meaning to the term "spawn point."
    Orien Toons: Rahzza TR2 Cleric/25 | Tanytha TR3 Cleric/2 | Khayel TR2 Rogue/25 | Lucindah TR2 Fighter/17

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If you have the epic feat "vorpal strikes" this requires improved crit bludgeon - specifically
    We have a winner! That was the issue, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Well, I'm glad that Fred, traitorous bastard that he is, isn't broken after all.