Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79
  1. #61
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Produktion_Malphunktion View Post
    Instantly? I was on the game for almost 4 years.
    Even so, I'm still kinda disappointed.. I was really thinking things would change now that you had some power (or the appearance of it)

  2. #62
    The Hatchery Nédime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    While you may not like the new content in LotRO, the fact is that it has much more new content than DDO. More resources are being spent in LotRO than in DDO. That is a fact.
    Well investing more on Lotro than inDDO is obvious marketing. Blah Blah JRR Tolkien blah blah Peter Jakson ...

    On the other hand more new content doesn't mean better content.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules


    “It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

  3. #63
    Hero Silken-Akira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duffel, Belgium
    Posts
    312

    Default

    sad to see you leave (you started up some good communication attitude) and good luck in your next quest...

  4. #64
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    While you may not like the new content in LotRO, the fact is that it has much more new content than DDO. More resources are being spent in LotRO than in DDO. That is a fact.
    Quality>Quantity

  5. #65
    Community Member Luxgolg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Produktion_Malphunktion View Post
    Instantly? I was on the game for almost 4 years.
    "instantly" as in you hit producer for DDO to put on a resume? "instantly" as in maxed level, you win DDO! "instantly" as in make sure this update makes it to live and run like hell?

  6. #66
    Community Member Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,938

    Default

    I am glad he got the new role and bummed at the same time. Bummed because we never got to see his vision or direction, happy because he clearly wanted to work with LoTRO.

  7. #67
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    Much hatred in this thread.

    Good luck with your new job !
    Someone else posted somewhere about why people are so sad. We all trusted MajMal and used him as a security blanket for all things wrong with DDO. We are sad because we liked him and are angry because it hurts to lose him. Right, Wrong or indifferent, MajMal was someone we all connected with and now we are left wondering what is next.

    Anger is always a natural reaction to such a change like this.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  8. #68
    The Hatchery Nédime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post

    Anger is always a natural reaction to such a change like this.
    Yeah, but anger leads to the dark side.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules


    “It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

  9. #69
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    Yeah, but anger leads to the dark side.
    The dark side has cookies. Its not all bad.

  10. #70
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    Well investing more on Lotro than inDDO is obvious marketing. Blah Blah JRR Tolkien blah blah Peter Jakson ...

    On the other hand more new content doesn't mean better content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Quality>Quantity
    My post was in response to a comment that Lotro is even in worse shape than DDO. I am not commenting on the quality as I have not yet played them.

  11. #71
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    So how can you claim lotro is in better shape than ddo if you didnt play lotro?

  12. #72
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    So how can you claim lotro is in better shape than ddo if you didnt play lotro?
    Lotro sucks as a game. I lasted about five minutes in the game before I deleted it.

  13. #73
    Community Member Luxgolg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    808

    Default

    So this is what an unwanted foster-child feels like.

  14. #74
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    So how can you claim lotro is in better shape than ddo if you didnt play lotro?
    <Sigh> I didn't say that I don't play LotRO, I said I didn't play the new content they were talking about being bad quality. I am an altoholic and so do not have a character that has yet reached above level 80.

  15. #75
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    <Sigh> I didn't say that I don't play LotRO, I said I didn't play the new content they were talking about being bad quality. I am an altoholic and so do not have a character that has yet reached above level 80.
    So back to my point.
    How do you know lotro is in better shape than ddo now if you are not playing new content in lotro?

  16. #76
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    So this is what an unwanted foster-child feels like.
    He left to be the producer of a better brand. It's a good career move and I wish him the best.

    It's still a great game and I am sure he didn't leave because it's a sinking ship. It just looks much better on the resume.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  17. #77
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    So back to my point.
    How do you know lotro is in better shape than ddo now if you are not playing new content in lotro?
    I don't have to drive every car from every car company to know what car companies are doing well.

  18. #78
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    5,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Produktion_Malphunktion View Post
    It was fun over the past 3+ years, I'm still reading so BEHAVE!

    See you in the Realms! - Maj.
    You were Live Producer for what, 3 months?

    Serisouly, no wonder DDO can't get a vision.

    And, no, you won't see me in the Realms. So, if you want to slum, you'll have to come visit all us sad sacks in DDO.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- years & still spawning kobolds
    Who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker


  19. #79
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    17,642

    Default

    All right, enough. This thread is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload