Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post

And Produktion_Malphunktion...you had time to compose a poem and a long introduction forum letter in LoTRO, but couldn't take a moment to post notice here that you left? Truly sir were you afraid of the reaction so much? One of the few but constant criticisms of DDO staff is LACK of communication and you seemed to champion more communication...except this time?
    By compose a poem, I assume you mean rip off the Rolling Stones.

Wow, you all are really butt-sore over this aren't you? It is entirely within the realm of possibility that that he had to get clearance to post here. Turbine tends to not like too much information flowing this way, in case you haven't noticed. Just because Maj is a producer doesn't mean that he no longer has to answer to anyone. Also I'm guessing that they don't pay him to sit there and look good, so he may have had actual work to do rather than drop in here and blow farewell kisses.

Most importantly, I've realized that I'm hungry...
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Good Luck LoTR
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Maj is leaving? :*(

I really hope this isn't an omen...

Good luck! You seem to be getting some promotions lately, maybe you'll be made CEO one day!
    Last edited by Merlin-ator; 06-18-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LFKnowledge View Post
    Someone writes a book about your favorite character in DDO. What is the title of the book?
    The Lord of the Rungs, starring Frodo Laggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    There's no lag, it's D&D trying to become turn based again.

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Good Luck LoTR
    Good to know that my original reply of "My condolences" back three months ago was accurate.
    Officer of Renowned

Community Member

MajMal failing upward. Good luck, LOTRO.

Community Member

Taking bets on who's going to be promoted to take his place.

My plat's on one of the Quartermasters.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Much hatred in this thread.

Good luck with your new job !
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post

Turbine's janitor is next in line
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post

Dev Severlin.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Produktion_Malphunktion View Post
    Instantly? I was on the game for almost 4 years.
    Hopefully (but unlikely) "The Management" will see the bad decision behind announcing you as the DDO Live Producer and then a few months later moving you to LotRO. That is what is upsetting to us. But people shouldn't be talking about you bailing since you were sent to LotRO. What people should be angry about is the questionable decisions of Turbine.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Lotro is even in worse shape than DDO, I know its hard to bellive, but its true.

Lotro level cap raid/dungeons are about standing on walls of helms deep, using catapults, setting traps and healing NPCs while they kill trash.
    LotRO has much more new content than DDO so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Lotro is even in worse shape than DDO, I know its hard to bellive, but its true.

Lotro level cap raid/dungeons are about standing on walls of helms deep, using catapults, setting traps and healing NPCs while they kill trash.
    I have to agree with this. Yes there's new content but it hasn't been very good for several expansions/updates now. The Helm's Deep Epic Battles and daily grind have really killed my interest in LOTRO and have sent me back to DDO, which -- as much as people complain here, and as much as it remains buggy -- feels more 'alive' than LOTRO does right now. If any place needs more help right now I would say that it is LOTRO. Time will tell whether or not Major Malphunktion will make a real difference there. In the meantime, I'm happy to be back with DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Turbine's janitor is next in line

...and all those years I kept applying for the Bristle-Pole Propulsion Technician position.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Instantly? I was on the game for almost 4 years.
    Well at least you still got a job bro could be worse.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Yes! Katniss! She'll never pick a favorite class!!!11!!
    Noooo, she will obviously buff monkchers. Pew, pew, pew.
    Shammrock
    Roshammbo
    Many, many mules...

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    LotRO has much more new content than DDO so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    The fact that new content in lotro is:

200-300 landscape quests. Each takes 1-2 minutes to complete, and consisnts of one or more of the follownig objectives:
    • kill X mobs y
    • Bring X item Z lying on ground
    • Keep killing mobs Y until you gather X of item Z they're carrying
    • talk to other NPC
    • go there and use emote (or not) and then come back.

Here, all quests in lotro summed up. The helms derp expansion is not 300 quests, its 5 quests repeated 60 times each.
    Now epic battles, AKA fail battles or epic fails, the new 'brilliant' endgame dungeon developed by you know who:
    You basically go there, set barricades, and wait until horde of NPCs kill 2-3 orcs rushing at them. Sometimes you throw them a heal. You got objectives, where you must leave NPCs standing near orcspawn to run to NPCs standing elsewhere. Sometimes you may have to use catapult or ballista to mass instakill advancing mobs. In all 60 (or something like that) 5-6 objectives involves PCs personally engaging mobs.
    Players are just there to assist NPCs killing other NPCs.
    Or you can just farm scaled version of 3 year old raid or 6 year old dungeon. Of course, scaling destroyed difficulty level, so original is unbeatable with characters at level, while lvl cap version is roflstomp with ungeared noobs at cap.

If lotro players would get 4 dungeons per update just like we do, with no landscape ****, they'd have an orgasm.
    Instead, they will get (as announced) 0 normal dungeons, 0 normal raids, some new but old kill 10 orcs and bring me their underwear quests, and 1 new failed battle.

DDO have weak endgame, and it focuses on endlesly releveling your character for microscopic gain in power that can't be used anywhere, because everything's easy even on flavor builds (if they're well though out), but is still in much better situation than lotro.

In lotro, even fanbois stop playing and swear at turbine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Farewell is said by the living, in life, every day. It is said with love and friendship, with the affirmation that the memories are lasting if the flesh is not.-Drizzt

It was fun over the past 3+ years, I'm still reading so BEHAVE!

See you in the Realms! - Maj.
    Take care and good luck!

Farewell is said by the living, in life, every day. It is said with love and friendship, with the affirmation that the memories are lasting if the flesh is not.-Drizzt

Take care, and good luck with the new job/s.

Founder

The fact that new content in lotro is
    While you may not like the new content in LotRO, the fact is that it has much more new content than DDO. More resources are being spent in LotRO than in DDO. That is a fact.

Thanks for the heads up that DDO is about to be demolished for a hyperspace bypass Mal.

Everybody grab your towel, electronic thumb, and remember that a beer or two is a muscle relaxant that'll help ease the transition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast