Thread: solo EE

Default solo EE

so i've decided to get on the "Solo EE" train and where do i start? Impossible Demands was first, what is the next logical step? Red Fens? VON1? Bargain of Blood? Lord of Dust?

The easiest EEs in the game (that I can think of off the top of my head) are Impossible Demands, Snitch, Bargain of Blood, Lords of Dust, Claw/Pyramid from Fens. VON1 is fairly easy, but can be tricky at the end if you get incapacitated.

Basically anything where you minimize number of mobs, either through invising or whatnot, is where it gets easy.

Community Member

What kind of character? Melee, DC caster, damage caster/shiradi, archer?

Shiradi caster/archer: basically anything

DC Caster: So long as your DCs (and Spell Pen for drow content) are reliable, most anything. I've found mid-50s DCs to be OK for easy content like pre-Gianthold Eberrons (big DC spike in GH), mid-60s for MotU stuff and Druid's Deep. Past that (Shadowfell/Stormhorns), my 65ish DC doesn't really cut it and I switch to debuffing and direct damage on my wizard.

Melee Blitzer: I've personally found the MotU flagging quests quite doable, and have done some of the Druid's Deep quests solo EE. I find Gianthold too difficult; the mobs just hit too hard and have too many HPs for my gearing. The main difficulty with melees is to minimise CC effects on you: Fireshield vs. Webs, nonslip boots vs. Grease, Protection/Magic Circle Against Evil vs. Commands, Gust of Wind vs. Discoballs. Not a whole lot you can do against Otto's Irresistible or Flesh to Stone though.

Absolute easiest I would say is Claw: kill one monster then sneak the rest of the dungeon. BoB would probably be second easiest. VoN 4 is not too onerous if you can invis and disable/evade/sacrifice a pet for the east lever. Big Top, unlike the flagging quests, doesn't have anything that can stop you dead if you roll low a few times in a row (Snitch: Flesh to Stone, Partycrashers: giant knockdown, Small Problem: massed earth elementals spamming earthgrab/tiefling casters on the rock pillars).
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    What kind of character? Melee, DC caster, damage caster/shiradi, archer?

Melee Blitzer: I've personally found the MotU flagging quests quite doable, and have done some of the Druid's Deep quests solo EE. I find Gianthold too difficult; the mobs just hit too hard and have too many HPs for my gearing. The main difficulty with melees is to minimise CC effects on you: Fireshield vs. Webs, nonslip boots vs. Grease, Protection/Magic Circle Against Evil vs. Commands, Gust of Wind vs. Discoballs. Not a whole lot you can do against Otto's Irresistible or Flesh to Stone though.

I'm a mostly geared Cetus build...thanks for the advice