Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Yes. I'm gonna say it. I love bag storage!

The new bag storage? Awesome. I really like it a lot, and NO I'm not being sarcastic. I haven't bought the expansions for it yet, but I am STRONGLY considering buying at least one.

Yes, devs. One of the guys who likes to complain actually is complimenting you. This is an awesome idea. Keep up the good work!

It's an extra 12 free slots to the shared bank, so one can hardly complain.

It has, however, completely missed the mark on what the players actually wanted. DDO would greatly benefit from an account-wide unlimited storage for all the numerous crafting ingredients. This is just a drop of water in the inventory-management desert.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post

It has, however, completely missed the mark on what the players actually wanted. DDO would greatly benefit from an account-wide unlimited storage for all the numerous crafting ingredients. This is just a drop of water in the inventory-management desert.
    I agree. While it makes it much easier to transfer my overflow mats to my crafter (thanks for that, devs! Kudos.), it does not get me to the promised land of not having to worry where my mats are at all.
    Khyber, Leader of Elite Empire: Veryunique - Wiz20/Epic8 (PM, PL: Clr,Fvs), Skullcrshr - Pal20/Epic8 (PL: Barb, Ftrx2),
    Elsir - Wiz11/Rog9 (Harper Acrobat, PL: Rgr,Mnk,Rog,Art,Drd,Clr,Brd), TheMadness - Wlk18/Pal2 (PL: Sorcx3, Wiz, Clr)

I don't see how this extra vault makes any difference. You have very-easy-to-get ingredient bags from doing the vale of twilight and other twelve-related quests. How is adding 12 vault slots for ingredients any more helpful than free bags that can hold 80 and only take 1 slot?

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

For me the new deposit box thing does make life easier but only once I upgrade it at least once. It will allow me to transfer everything to my crafter without having to sit in front of the mail box mailing everything to him then sitting for ages again pulling it all out of the mail while logged in to my crafter.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    For me the new deposit box thing does make life easier but only once I upgrade it at least once. It will allow me to transfer everything to my crafter without having to sit in front of the mail box mailing everything to him then sitting for ages again pulling it all out of the mail while logged in to my crafter.

Stoner81.
    Couldn't you just have account-wide bags that you store in your shared bank? LOL, seems a lot easier....

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Couldn't you just have account-wide bags that you store in your shared bank? LOL, seems a lot easier....
    well there was a bug out there that sometimes the things in the bag vanished. it was a rare bug but it happened to people. for me this bank is much easier. it doesnt take up any room when im moving things around. i can also hold items in there for my other toons whenever they want now.

Community Member

Default look. here.

we have .
    160 shards from the subterraene Marketplace and all yopur problems is solved
    afair 80 slots - ingr. collectables - gems - at your choice
    the trade-in guy is just close to the entrance.
    gl on the farm :-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldkraft2 View Post
    we have .
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by oldkraft2 View Post
    we have .
    He's talking about collecting Planar Shards to earn a large unbound collectables bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post

Stoner81.
    Yes this. Being able to drag and drop the bag into the bag deposit, and having the bag empty its contents (BtA and unbound) into the deposit is great.

Now if they only fixed the stack size to 99,999 I'd be a happy halfling!

I just don't see what the new bag storage does for me.

All my characters have at least large bags (or larger). I can drop an entire bag into the shared bank to transfer to another toon.

so this new thing does not seem to do anything for me.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post

All my characters have at least large bags (or larger). I can drop an entire bag into the shared bank to transfer to another toon.

My issue as well.

I have 4 large ingred bag and 4 small ones that I keep different kinds of ingredients in. The bag bank is so small as to not be worth bothering with.
    /sigh

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Its nice start and heading in the right direction, but let me know when I can do the same thing for gear. I want to eliminate constant relogging to bank toons and trying to remember who has what and do I already have one?
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post

That works until you have to figure out what BTC item in the bag is preventing it from going into the bank. I like the shared bag storage so much more that I paid for the upgrade.

I think you mean Server wide as account wide (eg cross server) "isn't" possible.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

This. Only usage I found to this thing is put some of my augments, as I haven't yet bought one from store. But sure not gonna complain for a free thing.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

As far as I can tell this function is just about useless to me.

Is it 12 slots?
    How is that useful at all?

There are tons of collectibles and ingredients in this game.

We need 1200; not 12!

I have a bunch of medium and large bags that I keep in the shared bank for my collectibles and ingredients.
    Large bags are even too small IMO. I have to use so many of them to hold everything till I have enough for it to be useful for something.

If Huge DDO store bags were BTA, I would buy more of them.

If the bag bank tab held as much as a Huge bag it would be useful.

Seems to me it is like having one tiny bag in a bank tab..... which isn't very useful IMO.

Edit: just checked.. seems like it holds 45.
    Ok, better but still a couple hundred short by my estimation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Default ;-d

lol - i dont tell you things you know already then - fine
    Lots dont... no worry.
    Yes, as the man said, he is talking 'IN -GAME' - opposite of 'store'

Founder

It misses the mark because they weren't trying to address extra storage. They were trying to address exploiting. In the process they did add a small amount of extra storage that you mainly have to pay for, but that's just them monetizing their exploiting solution not trying for a great storage solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast