Default Stealth: Old Tomb, New Tenants

Anyone else stealth this 3BC quest Old Tomb, New Tenants? I completed it on EH with 7 kills. Kyrnxala, the red-named boss near the very end, is the only required kill in order to get through the locked underwater door to final chest. Until then, all levers can be opened through stealth tactics without engaging any mob. Very fun! Devs please do not change this, as one of the most awful mechanisms in the game are levers that only activate after all mobs in area are dead.

Final chest room after killing Kyrnxala: the chest remains locked until after you kill the pirates that drop in after entering (grrrr. . .otherwise this could be a one-kill quest like Claw of Vulkoor). On EH this was 6 Pirates. I reached this point on EE but was not prepared for the pirates and could not get past them (but then am level 26 and am working on new destiny).

Tactics for Kyrnxala: stealth out enough near her for her threatening dialog to begin. Stealth back to entrance of that area where there is a platform, before the catwalk/bridge begins. If EE, shut the door so no mobs will come in once fight starts with her (this will deny access to the nearby shrine, though). Hit her with ranged weapons so that she comes to the platform area by door. This will prevent you needing to fight her mobs of Yuanti that appear if you melee her out on the platform where she first spawns. I found that kiting her with ranged stuff was effective, since most of her attacks are area effect immediately around her--I just ran around in a circle at the entrance platform and only needed to cocoon a couple of times.

For end room, they are just pirates, so perhaps use CC stuff like Sleet Storm etc. to take them down (this is for roguish types that are looking for a scrolled spell suggestion. Some destinies can also knock them out easily enough). It is not possible to run about ranging them since a couple will be archers.

If you have done this on stealth, please post a screenie, suggestions, and/or feedback. I am always happy to find stealth quests for people who love this playstyle.

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Thanks. Now I'm gonna have to try this...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

interestingly, the heroic version is difficult to stealth due to the presence of undead and slimes.

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide

Yeah, I've done this one. It wasn't with my low-kill stealth ninja but my star-thrower, so I wasn't playing but low kill rules.

That said, I could see myself doing this...however, my primary attack, Ninja Poison, wasn't working with U22.0. Back from a business trip, I'll give it a go soon.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

I do miss stealth missions. No one ever gives it a second thought anymore that you can play like that. I miss BAM, and sneaking past the doors. Sending in the Rogue to complete Libram of the Six. Now it is all, invis and run.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    Yeah, I've done this one. It wasn't with my low-kill stealth ninja but my star-thrower, so I wasn't playing but low kill rules.

That said, I could see myself doing this...however, my primary attack, Ninja Poison, wasn't working with U22.0. Back from a business trip, I'll give it a go soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    I do miss stealth missions. No one ever gives it a second thought anymore that you can play like that. I miss BAM, and sneaking past the doors. Sending in the Rogue to complete Libram of the Six. Now it is all, invis and run.
    Thx for responses! This quest is actually faster to do stealthily and qualifies for fast xp runs, for min-maxers. I needed abundant step on EH; EN is a cakewalk.

Default 14 Min on EE

Here are two screenies of my gimpy ninja. One kill (red named) until last room in which you eventually face 13 mobs in three or four waves. I waited for them all to appear, entered water stance, hit them with Everything is Nothing, and mopped up. It took me a while to kill the red named boss, but otherwise it is a fast run for those interested.

:

yes that is only a Minos on her head, yup those are her hp at level 28, and yes, the outfit is neither upgraded nor the spider-spun. . .pretty much level 20-24 gear, some off AH, some Cannith/Eveningstar challenge gear, some lucky drops. Gimps unite!