Default Epic shroud suggestions

Epic shroud. Add an epic difficulty to shroud. Level 30. Not normal hard elite, just epic. Don't epic the quests. Just add an epic difficulty to shroud. Keep the same raid, don't change it. It's nearly the best raid you have designed. Pump mobs, when harry dies a portal opens and all the bosses from devils drop in at once and kick your sorry behind. Not one boss, two bosses. ALL OF THEM. Make all of them teleport noobs to them too so the perch is not autowin.

Epic drops epic scales, epic bones etc. You use them in the new altar of annihilation to upgrade it to tier 4:epic tier. Tier 4 makes it +10, 2w, min level 20 and adds a single epic effect in relation to the shard combination used and two slots, red and orange or red and colorless. The min level 20 is to keep in touch with the idea that greensteel is tr weapon, so epic greensteel is etr weapon. The effects now: for example 3xPos adds to the effect improved disruption that stacks with the disruption already there. Epic ooze gets 1% summon avatar of jubilex in addition to the 1% regular puddings. Epic min2 makes keen 3 or 4. Epic lit2 adds desert sand (as per tumutulous) and so on.
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

I like your thinking. Easy fix, keeps the people busy at lvl cap. Make it hawrd but rewarding.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Epic greensteel a few years ago was my #1 choice for an epic pack.

But now I think it would be redundant with Thunderforged crafting. And I don't see a need for min level 20 weapons, we already have a huge selection of old epic weapons that work well for low level epics.

We have had too many new weapons in the past few years - CiTW weapons, FoT greatsword, Thunderforged weapons, and even a few decent ones in the Shadowfell expansion.

It's time they focus on other new shinies that aren't weapons - starting with the next pack that should be epic'd, Shavarath. We need epic rings and epic ToD.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    ... Make all of them teleport noobs to them too so the perch is not autowin.
    actually that is a good idea (in general) to neutralize ranged and kiting...not on every quest or every boss but a good idea to try for one boss battle

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

With the ability for items to interact with certain feats on a character, eg. the Chimera's Fang/Crown items from the sentinels chain, or the shadow dragon docent light/medium/heavy armour choices applying based on body feat... why not have an epic tier effect that you can add as a 4th tier, which doesn't change the ML of the item, BUT only applies for epic characters, eg. by picking up on the presence of the "epic skills" feat which a character gets automatically (and can only get) at level 21+? I think that could help make for an effective epic level greensteel while still retaining the fun factor of TRing & getting your standard heroic greensteel at ml 11/12 & not necessitating building multiple items for different levels.
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 06-18-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

The best suggestion about the Shroud was made by... ulp... Teh_Troll.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ic-Green-Steel

Green Steel Augments. Turn your old Green Steel into item augments and slot them into your epic items/weapons. Still suffer from the need to be cleansed to have more than one non-weapon augment equipped.

And I say, the more the merrier! Epic the entire Vale. More quests equal less repetition, and an epic Vale Wilderness means more explorers to find!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

For Epic vale, I want it to have a shavrath side. Where the whole instance is devil'd up. Then you have twisted versions that are inverted versions of the quests, where you work to prevent Devil forces from invading the vale. Destroying the source of the gates. The raid however is you helping the council capture sullomades leading to ToD.

The gear? I like the_trolls idea: allow crunching GS items into augments for already existing items. I think when crunched, the GS item you made becomes a new augment that offers each of the abilities that the GS item had, ML12, however it gets stronger past level 12, slowly incrementing until it hits a viable peak for level 30.

For example, a lit2 sword has shock, good burst, blast, chain lightning (castable), and lit2. As an augment gem, it would be just those, ml12; with the following added on:
    Starting at level 13, this gem resonates with more power from the vale. The electrical and wind properties are enhanced, adding +1 damage per player level after 12. (thus adding +16 to each of the elemental damages @ 28, and 18 @ 30). The shard vibrates with stored potential, releasing waves of power frequently (releases lit 2 shots .1% more per level past 12 (adding 1.6% - 1.8% to its chance for lit2)) resulting in rapid strikes of lightning and thunder (thunderclaps doing sonic aoe of 1d20 per level after 12).

Weapon gems would be red, and or, the gem color could depend on the GS makeup. So it would be red, blue, purple, or orange for weapons, blue, green, yellow, or colorless for non-weapons.

This could yield a double slotted weapon with its normal buffs, plus 2 sets of Lit2+aoe bursting. http://ddowiki.com/page/Thunder-Forged (iirc you can have red and orange on thunderforged weps), http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Weathered_Targe, and http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Kundarak_Warding_Shield If this is the case, you would have 15% lit2 (there a bouts) and thunderclap. As well as 4 x shock, good burst, and good blast (enhanced by 64-- 72 damage). However that is top end. However boosted conc-op would be nice, and the other utility in GS would be nice to add-in to named items.

My thought has always been for Turbine to simply keep non epic green steel as it currently is, but introduce a new range of named weapons and items that only drop from Epic difficulty.

However, after seeing the Green Steel Augment idea, I have to admit it sounds extremely interesting. The problem in my mind is that it sounds almost too good, and because of that, Turbine wouldn't ever allow it.

We'll have to see, but one thing we can all agree on is that Shroud was probably the best content ever added into the game as it is still extremely useful, extremely popular and has plenty of room to be expanded in the future. The sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnessaja View Post
    (...) The problem in my mind is that it sounds almost too good, and because of that, Turbine wouldn't ever allow it.
    I know that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnessaja View Post
    We'll have to see, but one thing we can all agree on is that Shroud was probably the best content ever added into the game as it is still extremely useful, extremely popular and has plenty of room to be expanded in the future. The sooner the better.
    Not only the best pack ever but also a very reasonable price if you consider its replayability, items usefulness, xp & favor.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Epic shroud. Add an epic difficulty to shroud. Level 30. Not normal hard elite, just epic. Don't epic the quests. Just add an epic difficulty to shroud. Keep the same raid, don't change it. It's nearly the best raid you have designed. Pump mobs, when harry dies a portal opens and all the bosses from devils drop in at once and kick your sorry behind. Not one boss, two bosses. ALL OF THEM. Make all of them teleport noobs to them too so the perch is not autowin.

Epic drops epic scales, epic bones etc. You use them in the new altar of annihilation to upgrade it to tier 4:epic tier. Tier 4 makes it +10, 2w, min level 20 and adds a single epic effect in relation to the shard combination used and two slots, red and orange or red and colorless. The min level 20 is to keep in touch with the idea that greensteel is tr weapon, so epic greensteel is etr weapon. The effects now: for example 3xPos adds to the effect improved disruption that stacks with the disruption already there. Epic ooze gets 1% summon avatar of jubilex in addition to the 1% regular puddings. Epic min2 makes keen 3 or 4. Epic lit2 adds desert sand (as per tumutulous) and so on.
    I would like to see Epic Greensteel, and the addition of augment slots, upgrading the level and +w damage... some new special effects for T4 dual imbued shards..

I would also like to see an option to use Tokens or commedations to convert crafted shards from T1,T2,T3 into slottable augments at appropriate levels.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Tier 3 Thudnerforged is Minimum Level 28, making it not terribly effective as and "epic TR weapon".

Hence why epic shroud would be very nice. Whatever they do with it, as long as they keep the "powerful, low ML" style of the gear, they've done it right.

I've actually seen a massive uptick in shroud LFMs in the last few weeks, which I am attributing to Iconic TR. Shroud gear makes for EXCELLENT Iconic TR items, so good it made me strongly consider doing some iconic TRing of my very own after I've hit 28 at least once...