Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default I am good with this

So much DOOM!

I'm ok with this. My personal opinion: Sagas were an added EXTRA for doing what we do anyway: Quests. Bonus exp, guild renown, or tome on top of the rewards we already get for doing the quests needed for the sagas. It certainly isn't as though we do not have enough heroic content to keep us busy and get us enough exp.

TY for the nice extra saga in 3bc Turbine. I'll grump at you later when you mess up something serious (speaking of which, any new word on when the in-game bug reporting tool will be repaired?)

That said Cordovan, an announcement to the effect prior to changing the repeatability of heroic sagas would have been appropriate and appreciated; wouldn't have stopped all of the doom, but it would still have been appropriate.
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

The last thing I would have thought of is that it is working as intended. But hey, no fix is needed.

I personally don't mind this change at all, but I do agree that an announcement prior to it would have been appropriate.

Could the issue not have been resolved by adding a ransack feature instead, though?
    The rewards could simply get gradually worse after each completion and then reset after a week.

I don't actually know how much of a difference there is between the different tiers, but it might be logical to simply subtract one tier for each completion during ransack.

So turning in a True Elite saga would give you an Elite reward on the 2nd completion, a Hard on the 3rd, a Normal on the 4th and then no reward for the 5th run.
    Similar to the chest ransack it would completely reset after a week has passed since your first completion.

Quote Originally Posted by LongshotBro View Post

Somehow, offering us a one-time reward for doing something we'd do anyway is restrictive? Geez, even when Turbine does cool stuff it gets turned around into a negative.
    So here is my 2cp. My guild did NOT farm guild renown via this method. However, I/we pay for this game. If we choose to ransack the hell out of saga quests to get the latest and greatest shinies who te **** cares? How does my gameplay effect you? How does my gameplay effect turbine? Other than getting a bigger ship faster so that I have to spend more shards on buying the new xp shrines and other rooms to fill up said ship who the **** cares?!?

Turbine you all are alienating your player with this update more and more an more as each day passes. How about you stick to your promise from 2006-2008 where this was "the MMO without the grind!" And that you are "powered by your fans!" and all that bull spit that you spout to shareholders to get them I invest.

It is things like this that drove me to go premium from VIP and once all packs were purchased to stop spending cash on this game due to your greed and stupidity.

Stop driving away players and start working WITH us to see what we want.
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

Community Member

oh my, i almost feel sorry for opening the thread in the first place

anyhow, I think we all agree it's kind of... not very elegant to change something pretty profound as far as plannig your leveling goes without mentioning it anywhere (I was planning to run the new saga 2 or 3 times to make up for skipping necro 1 and 2, cause i really do not like necro - just as I used to use gianthold to make up for skipping necro 3 and 4 so far) .
    HOWEVER to everyone who is now complaining what a game breaker that is for them... it's been this way since a week. and no one seems to have noticed cause I could not find any forum posts on it or I wouldn't have opened this one at all. so... the crys of outrage fail to convince me. as hard as this may sound, my advise would be 'put the energy you put into complaining into playing and you will still level quite easily'.

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Heroic Sagas are not meant to be completed more than once per life, and cannot be repeated. Epic Sagas do not have this restriction.
    So heroic Giant hold saga is not working as intended? I ran it 2 times after the last update and got the reward. and have done so for the past 9 lives.

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

i don't see what the big deal is.
    <snip>
    Somehow, offering us a one-time reward for doing something we'd do anyway is restrictive? Geez, even when Turbine does cool stuff it gets turned around into a negative.
    You misrepresent the issue. Had heroic sagas been introduced this way, there would be no backlash now. The fact that it's a change, especially that it's a surprise change, is what brought out the torches.
    No one's griping about one-time rewards, they're griping about X-time rewards being cut to one.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Heroic Sagas are not meant to be completed more than once per life, and cannot be repeated. Epic Sagas do not have this restriction.
    and why is this not considered important enough for release notes?? just another stealth nerf, any chance of some stealth bug fixes??
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Nyata View Post
    I think we all agree it's kind of a not very elegant to change something pretty profound ... without mentioning it anywhere
    yup. "not very elegant" is putting it mildly. I can think of several different and arguably better ways of solving the problem, without having negative impact on anyone. for example, have the sagas award guild renown based off your level compared to the quest, like normal quest end rewards.

but I guess a quick bad solution is better than a thought out one *rolls eyes*

Now that I've had a night to sleep on this, here's where I stand on it the issue now:

The bad:
    -Stealth change was bad in this case. It surprised me and hurt my feelings >sniff sniff<
    -Confusing that Heroic and Epic are not the same.
    -If the XP reward is big, I can see how this could unbalance low level advancement.

The Good:
    -U22 made sagas available at lower levels--very cool.
    -On a personal note, maybe I'll see more Heroic 3BC LFMS, which would be very cool.

Overall:
    I think that Turbine feels this restriction may be needed to open the way for more sagas to be introduced. I'd gladly take this restriction if it means I can have more sagas. I just wish they'd told us that sometime before I wrote it here.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    Now that I've had a night to sleep on this, here's where I stand on it the issue now:

The bad:
    -Stealth change was bad in this case. It surprised me and hurt my feelings >sniff sniff<
    -Confusing that Heroic and Epic are not the same.
    -If the XP reward is big, I can see how this could unbalance low level advancement.

The Good:
    -U22 made sagas available at lower levels--very cool.
    -On a personal note, maybe I'll see more Heroic 3BC LFMS, which would be very cool.

Overall:
    I think that Turbine feels this restriction may be needed to open the way for more sagas to be introduced. I'd gladly take this restriction if it means I can have more sagas. I just wish they'd told us that sometime before I wrote it here.
    This !!!

Only downside of this is the fact that again there has not been any communication. In that case the communication could have been quite positive about the fact that in order to introduce more heroic sagas over time the heroic sagas can only be run once. I do not mind about this at all!!!

Turbined again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Think about it this way, Turbine: If the heroic GH saga will be turned into a once per life saga, the advancement of small guilds will be significantly slowed down. This may cause quite a few small guilds to merge with larger guilds, which means there will be fewer guilds that can spend money on Astral Shards to buy ships and amenities.

i don't see what the big deal is. None of the quests in any of the sagas are new. So the first time you run these long, interconnected story quests you get a fat reward for your trouble (plus all the XP and loot gained from individual quests along the way) and your character has followed a strung-together plot to it's completion.

After that it returns to business as usual, running whatever quests strike your fancy at the moment.

Could not of said this any better myself. Come on people! Get a grip. Besides, its because of a small percentage of the player base that was taking advantage of the system that forced Turbine to make this change. I agree this change should of been in the release notes but its not hard to see the cause behind it. You want to be mad at somebody, be mad at the people who exploited the system. And lets be honest here, once you run these quests at level and get the saga reward you'll be above level to run the quests again anyways.

gimmee , gimmee gimmee.....really? another day for the "PRO" Threaders to start up , yippeee....more wasteless banter about gimme more so I can then respond in angst against it or something else.....and btw D.D.O. is just fine imo and those that don't fit here is because other MMO playstyles do not work here , hence why they came from D & D's womb....all this comes down to why ppl should play this Game how they intended to in the beginning instead of listening or being told to play like everyone else is playing it.....and thats why I still am NOT BORED after 3+ years......ok I'm done and if Cordovan takes this down I'm cool with it ty D.D.O from this happy customer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    Cool, thanks for the response.

If it was that way before, I didn't notice. I figured it was WAI though. Makes sense really. No biggie.
    It was not. This is the "fix" to an exploit issue.
    Much like the more recent bag changes, rather than actually solve the problem they've stuck a bandaid on it in the form of straight lockouts.

Claiming the new change is in line with the initial intent is Turbine not having the balls to admit they can't fix it properly in code, or won't make the time to.

Hero

I'm pretty sure they could have prevented epic level toons from collecting heroic sagas and solved it that way. This feels more like a mean-spirited "punishment" than a well thought out solution.

This is something, people have to know. You are acting like more communicative but then do things like this. I liked running sagas for different skill tomes since you, Turbine, are the reason for no real tome drops, except upgrades. I hope many people will stop playing now and nobody will support your bottlenecked TR mechanics ever again.

This has more impact to why I play DDO than any other change you did. And you don't even bother to put into release/patchnotes. I am very disappointed by this action. Mo, I didn't exploit. Not even sure, what the problem was. But I know that I am either forced to do one TR for one skill tome reward (which can be random and may earn a skill already boosted) or buy a supreme tome for too much money.

Thank you Turbine, for a punishment instead of a fix. Thank you, exploiters, for giving them even more reason to bind tomes to the store. Deppen...
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 06-18-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

I have to admit, that I have yet to complete a saga, primarily because all of my characters are under the level for the GH and Eveningstar ones or aren't high enough for the epic levels for the same ones so my knowledge on this is limited at best. But I do find it weird that we can't repeat the heroic versions of the saga if we wanted too. The whole point of the sagas was another avenue to get some experience, primarily. People are going to farm certain quests for items out of those quests anyway, so putting in the saga system just help to promote that thought.

I don't have a problem with the saga mechanic for Heroic quests, I just find it weird since we can rerun these quests as much as we want. If the renown reward was an issue, then simply remove the renown award after you complete it once. Or replace that reward with guild renown elixir or something. That night not work either, but just a thought to keep it active since you can rerun the quests as much as you want.

WHAT?!?!?!

Since when?
    Come on guys, this whole game is based around repetition.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast