Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default What is a current FotM to LR20 into?

I have a 9 monk / 11 cleric halfling that I want to do something with, but I have no idea what. (progression was: 4 cleric, 9 monk, 7 cleric)
    I am limited by his lawful good alignment. don't ask.
    I still have his LR20 heart.

I have no idea what to do and I am too tired to think about it myself.

thanks
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Note that you are also limited by your existing class choices, as in you can only work with 3 classes total including your original classes when doing a lesser reincarnation. So, any build could use only one other classe besides Cleric and Monk.

I'm not aware of any FOTM that have cleric in them, but others might be - just remember the above in regards to any advice you get. Monk gives you a base for building a Furyshot archer or a centred Melee build, and a few levels of Cleric could give you Divine Might and a few other useful enhancements, so you certainly have options available.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Well like prior poster mentioned you can only involve 3 classes total in LR so that cuts out all the FoTM builds as none involve cleric.

I think the closest to FoTM options are -

1) You could do a furyshotting/10k stars monk cleric. Maybe ranger/monk/cleric mix. Takes advantage of the overpowered 10kstars/manyshot/FoTW combo.

2) Run a pally splash/monk splash melee cleric...something like 12 cleric/6monk/2pally. Takes advantage of evasion and super high saves from pally splash (although note pally splash might be getting nerfed soon). I run a build similar to this now so I am biased... but in my opinion 12 cleric with monk and pally splashed is the most survivable build in the game. Evasion, monk stances, super high saves, multiple sources of self-healing including radiant aura/burst/heal spell ect. it extremely difficult to die.

3) Or just do a straight up caster clonk or caster cleric. They are not FoTM but still very powerful builds.
    Last edited by axel15810; 06-17-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

Cleric 18/FvS 2 is a lot of fun as a light/fire-sla-based Divine Disciple/Exalted Angel. It's not FoTM but it's certainly pretty effective.
    The best days are the days you don't have to wear socks or shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    Cleric 18/FvS 2 is a lot of fun as a light/fire-sla-based Divine Disciple/Exalted Angel. It's not FoTM but it's certainly pretty effective.
    i prefer the 16 fvs 4 cleric personally
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    i prefer the 16 fvs 4 cleric personally
    I simply can't surrender the completely un-bugged and perfectly balanced Sunburst spell. *cough*
    I not for that I'd be inclined to agree that deeper splashes would be better.
    The best days are the days you don't have to wear socks or shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    I simply can't surrender the completely un-bugged and perfectly balanced Sunburst spell. *cough*
    I not for that I'd be inclined to agree that deeper splashes would be better.
    well u do get sunbolt from EA
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Well like prior poster mentioned you can only involve 3 classes total in LR so that cuts out all the FoTM builds as none involve cleric.
    I don't understand why this is an issue with a LR+20 heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I don't understand why this is an issue with a LR+20 heart.
    Because when doing an LR, you are restricted to three classes including all your current choices, in this case the existing monk/cleric/monk progression. So the new build can only have a combination of;
    * monk (0 or more levels)
    * cleric (0 or more levels)
    * one new class choice (1-20 levels)

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

If you're making a rhetorical comment on the mechanic, I agree.

If not - it's because the lesser reincarnation engine remembers all of the classes you've taken, and can only handle three classes in total. So, even if you took particular classes later in your progression, when you reincarnate those classes are stored and take up "potential class slots", of which there are only three.
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)

Community Member

Ok then, my experiences with LR have always been somewhat pure so I'm not familiar with multiclass restrictions.

Community Member

Default thrower options

There are a lot of possibilities for u with a shuriken build. As they only really need 3 levels of monk, shuriken expertise and improved precise shot. U could go 17 cleric 3 monk full thrower specced with empower heal, casting heals and throwing shurikens in between. Or throwing shurikens and casting heals on the side.. i made this on lamma and u dont compromise a lot in both classes.

U could also mix in 6 or more ranger for a thrower build for free precision, rapid shot and arrow of slaying for ur tier 5 enhancement or heavy draw instead. They are gonna nerf adrenaline on ranged soon thats a shame tho. U could also go pure monk thrower since they fixed the ninja spy capstone a while back.

Throwing shuriken is quite fun and also quite powerful. As u get ur dex (dex, not dex mod) as a chance to throw an additional shuriken from shuriken expertise. 3 levels of monk does the same and stacks with shuriken expertise plus it gives you dex to damage and attack. On heroics this is powerful and on epics even more as u get shiradi ED. Or fury of the wild if u take arrow of slaying. Note: the +250 damage applies to all shurikens u throw with that hand so with 10k stars u get a (small) chance at 5 (6 with unrealistic wis for dex build) "shuriken" of slaying. Quite fun and the adrenaline works likewise. Also ur adrenaline will recharge fast with the amount of hits u are making. That is before they nerf adrenaline for ranged.

If ur not sure about the build or how to build it i would advise getting on lamannia and trying it out. Note u can test any build u can think of on lamannia as u can level a toon at the click of a button there.

Community Member

My advice is just to sit on him for right now and wait for the Paladin changes. If the recent Swashbuckler overhaul is any indication, it might not be that long (relatively) before Paladin sees some significant improvements, since that's apparently next on their agenda along with AC reform.

Paladin is the most likely class to synergize well with Cleric and/or Monk once it gets the attention it needs, and there's likely to be a new FOTM created for Paladin like there is now with Bard. Or even if not, the proposed AC changes alone will make a Wis-based Monk much easier to play after the next major set of changes than now, since they're likely to get more PRR and MRR as well.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Man I am disapointed in you guys... there are definitely ways to work with what he has that will get him a FOTM type build.

20 Monk Shuricannon (they fixed the +2 crit range) you will be the fastest kiter, and while some Shuricannon's will have higher dex or more damage from Kensei, the extra crit range will make TF Shuriken on crit procs more maximal you will get 10% more crit range than a Kensei keen edge Shuricannon build, 10% more 299 average on crit proc damage from Dragons edge and Crippling flame.

1 Cleric 9 monk 10 Fighter Centered Kensei, for Divine Might, Improved Evasion, and full Kensei Powersurge just take: CLR at 1 FGHT 2 3 4, Monk, then 7 more Fighter, could even go a little more Cleric for some more Warpriest goodies... remember you can change monk levels into Cleric levels or Fighter levels.

4 Cleric 6 Monk 10 Fighter, this gets you all of the above but sacrifices Improved evasion for Ameliorating Strike, recommend TWF (double the healing proc on Ameliorating).

Ranger Monk Ranger and more Monk or Fighter = Monkcher certainly still a FOTM build no?

1 Cleric 2 Monk Almost any other melee except barb, not FOTM but Divine Might and evasion...

Take an alignment change token from the store go Lawful Neutral and:

3 Cleric 2 Monk 15 Druid
    Light nuker's are semi FOTM, so much the better when they have Earth Quake and Sunbeam, Sunburst SLA (totally not borken shut yo mouth!)... And Ocean Stance... Oh and Evasion... Oh and because you're Druid you'll get DPS like Call Lightning, and Word Of Balance SLA along with other great spells. You'll want to be in Exalted Angel ED of course.

BTW I recommend a TF Shuriken as your caster stick for the above build... Because that's what I made... I like being able to break boxes at range with my Caster stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    I have a 9 monk / 11 cleric halfling that I want to do something with, but I have no idea what. (progression was: 4 cleric, 9 monk, 7 cleric)
    I am limited by his lawful good alignment. don't ask.
    I still have his LR20 heart.

I have no idea what to do and I am too tired to think about it myself.

thanks
    same thing its always been. A bladeforged self healing death dealer melee. Composed of 12 fighter, 6 monk, and 2 pld for ultimate saves, defense and dmg with self casting heals!

Or you can go the human route but the bladeforged is still bestest. Thing whips around ESOS's and cleavers while centered. I sometimes wonder if when making something they know the end result over there. I mean how could one with the blade not invoke a series of 2 handed centered pajama beasts in earth stance lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    same thing its always been. A bladeforged self healing death dealer melee. Composed of 12 fighter, 6 monk, and 2 pld for ultimate saves, defense and dmg with self casting heals!
    Cleric was taken on level 20, meaning the OP can't switch to 12/6/2 fighter/monk/paladin.

I like axel15810's suggestion of 12/6/2 cleric/monk/paladin. Lots of good melee possibilities there. Axel, does yours use handwraps? Without kensei centering and with 6 monk levels I'm thinking handwraps might be the way to go.

Disclaimer to the 3 class rule... IF you can get rid of all of the levels of 1 class prior to 20, you can then have 2 more classes. I.e. if you took your first 11 levels as cleric and last as 9, then you could swap all the cleric for monk by 11, NOW the game thinks that you've got 9 more levels of monk to take.

If you did monk/cleric/monk/cleric/monk/cleric, we'll you're kind of out of luck but a pure cleric or monk isn't **** either. Clerics have a lot more damage options w/ light nuking from angel, or aoe dmg (bb replacement) with Crusader/turtle mode.

Although these are not FOTM builds, they're often discredited by those who have become bored w/ pure or want the extra bump in power from getting more than 1 broken PRE.
    Last edited by G_Lich; 06-18-2014 at 04:51 AM.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Community Member

TR and keep the +20 simple, hehehehe....... muhahahahaha..........
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Any suggestions for my lvl 20 Pure Fighter Helf Chaotic Good (32pts) character? I mean other than TR or deletion .

Was thinking of some splash Sorcerer or maybe FVS, but im really interested what could be the best option to remove her from melee range, being a silent backpack slot for half the quests is not funny anymore.

Community Member

12 cleric 6 monk 2 ranger - Heal & Blade Barrier + Manyshot + 10k stars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast