Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stop Arguing About 3BC Already

There's an important distinguishing point to make here. The following argument has played out between two camps at least 10 times since 3BC's release:

John: 3BC sucks!
    Jane: 3BC rocks!
    John: I got everything I needed and it was easy to complete on the hardest difficulty on the first day
    Jane: The airship fights are awesome and I really like the aesthetics
    John: You're wrong
    Jane: No you

At first glance it appears that John and Jane have mutually exclusive opinions which cannot be reconciled. On closer examination, John and Jane are not actually disagreeing. John is interested in things like loot, XP, and a challenging experience. Jane enjoys new combat modes and visuals. So when someone states that they love/hate 3BC, consider first the yardstick that they are using to measure 3BC. Arguing that OVERALL 3BC sucks for x, y, z reasons is reasonable, but trying to tell someone else their priorities are "wrong" is an exercise in futility. The converse is true, trying to tell someone that the novelty of flower-sniffing contributes to content staying power is an oxymoron.
    Last edited by ishr; 06-17-2014 at 08:38 AM.

I think you're wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    OVERALL 3BC sucks for x, y, z reasons is reasonable
    You're wrong. X, Y, and Z rock. 3BC sucks because of A, B, and C.

That is all.
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

Community Member

Meanwhile on earth, there are true artists creating masterpieces such as "Mega shark vs Mecha shark".

Synopsis: A massive shark attacks another shark which is equally or even more massive and they fight. That is all.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Meanwhile on earth, there are true artists creating masterpieces such as "Mega shark vs Mecha shark".

Synopsis: A massive shark attacks another shark which is equally or even more massive and they fight. That is all.
    You forgot Sharknado. *cringes* I still can't believe someone spent money to make that.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member HelvanderSeries6's Avatar
    Hiding from A Living Harm Spell in the Sub-T

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    You forgot Sharknado. *cringes* I still can't believe someone spent money to make that.

My thoughts exactly with e3BC.
    Wits and swords are as straws against the wisdom of the Darkness___Conan the Cimmerian
    Gnomes taste like mushrooms...jus say'n
    Order of the Stick http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

Quote Originally Posted by HelvanderSeries6 View Post
    My thoughts exactly with e3BC.
    Yup...

e3BC, the Sharknado of DDO.

stop arguing about people arguing already. forum is a place of exchange of views (within forum guidelines).

Too much drama on the forums about 3BC, I agree with you. Some people trying to show their opinions are gold. I think some dudes in this forum (exclusively th ones that have posts of mine) are trying to be politicians, having their opinions raised to the heavens by their own fanboys, sounds more like ego, meh.

If the devs, or cordo or whoever look on the forums for opinions they will see its like 50% like/50% dislikes, and that's it. I posted in a topic here 3 days ago, I came back today and there are 8 more pages full of ****. I have my opinion, you have yours, end of story.

I totally agree with you OP.
    --Cannith Player--

Main toon: Kyshara of All Trades (current 25th life - completionist/epic completionist) - Shadar-kai Wizard 15 FvS 3 Monk 2 (Getting SK PLs -_-)

FvS, I will be back soon

My EE FvS build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...S-Caster-Build

There's an important distinguishing point to make here. The following argument has played out between two camps at least 10 times since 3BC's release:

John: I got everything I needed and it was easy to complete on the hardest difficulty on the first day
    Jane: The airship fights are awesome and I really like the aesthetics
    John: You're wrong
    Jane: No you

At first glance it appears that John and Jane have mutually exclusive opinions which cannot be reconciled. On closer examination, John and Jane are not actually disagreeing. John is interested in things like loot, XP, and a challenging experience. Jane enjoys new combat modes and visuals. So when someone states that they love/hate 3BC, consider first the yardstick that they are using to measure 3BC. Arguing that OVERALL 3BC sucks for x, y, z reasons is reasonable, but trying to tell someone else their priorities are "wrong" is an exercise in futility. The converse is true, trying to tell someone that the novelty of flower-sniffing contributes to content staying power is an oxymoron.
    John and Jane just need to chant together..

Together... 3BC sucks rocks!

~
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

3bc: home of bugs and inconstant traps/mobs
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Or part 2....
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

I once knew somebody called Oxy, and yes he was.

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Things.

Is it December yet?
    Officer of Renowned

Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default Well this makes sence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14

But this is a better argument imho
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I wish there would be less bantering as well. Welcome to the forums

I've finished 3BC, is 4BC coming out soon?

Interesting to hear that from someone with such a loaded opinion in the matter, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by ishr
    /AFK till next update.
    would have helped your cause more, instead you're simply fueling your own oxymoron - which is 'let's create more threads to have less threads'.

PS: Sharknado is a classic.
    The best days are the days you don't have to wear socks or shoes.

Except that I disagree with your point that we are on the same side hehe.

I like 3BC for visuals etc. I also don't think that its too easy to get all the new items etc. So I think 3BC cove is fine in terms of how hard it is to obtain loot/difficulty and in terms visuals/audio etc.
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

july 30, syfy, sharknado 2!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast