Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where is everyone?

I've tried to get a Caught in the Web going two different time today and the group has not made it past 4 members in either attempt. First attempt even had a healer and no one else joined...
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    I've tried to get a Caught in the Web going two different time today and the group has not made it past 4 members in either attempt. First attempt even had a healer and no one else joined...
    the game grows bigger with every update, the playerbase does not. I think we should think about merging servers. But in this special case, I think people already got their raid items, remember people got up to 2 raider reward boxes per character (http://ddowiki.com/page/Raider%27s_Reward_Box). I still have characters who did not even open those.

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    They may be playing in 3BC.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Since the Raider boxes people have everything they need from the slow,annoying and painful raid called Pain in the Navel.

As such they prefer to go to FoT ( aka Piker's Fate redux ), where the number of CoH dropping is higher for less time and hassle.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Solo it?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drykks - Baanzai - Elyndaar

We are playing other games until the hotfix fixes the games economy. The games economy is at a stand still atm. Also with all do respect to the game. This last update was the last straw for a lot of folks. Record breaking leaves of absence and some of those leaves will likely be permanent because imo a lot of folks have lost faith in the research and development aspect of this game and are simply fed up.

Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by GreataxeUser View Post
    We are playing other games until the hotfix fixes the games economy. The games economy is at a stand still atm. Also with all do respect to the game. This last update was the last straw for a lot of folks. Record breaking leaves of absence and some of those leaves will likely be permanent because imo a lot of folks have lost faith in the research and development aspect of this game and are simply fed up.

Respect.
    DDO never really had an "Economy", not even one in the usual online rpg terms.
    The Shard Auctions basically shut down the rest of the trading in this game.

I rarely see anyone posting or responding in trade channel, if responding they usually just trolling you a bit then move on.

DDO has the potential for a really good economy, but

* Bindings
    * Named items always almost being a better choice than RandGen
    * Crafting being mostly trivial in between named gear
    * Augmenting
    * Loot drops are fairly heavy, you can end up with 2 inventory slot of trash in a few runs of 10-15minute quests.
    * Shard Auction
    * They almost completely killed the "oh what i just found" feeling, that occasionally showed up some ioun stones and scarabs,..etc. But these "rare" drops are now seem to be abandoned.
    Last edited by janave; 06-17-2014 at 02:37 AM.

+1s all over.
    I totally agree.

They completely killed every item we had in game and keep killing any new loot with every new update - and I mean killing it - aka Dream Visor.

I personally lost all faith with the developers, and I refuse to grind anything atm.
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer

Community Member

First CitW is a walk thru now. However, most people have all they want from there. DDO never adjusted COM drops in the raid so people don't run it. DDO basically KILLED the raid by not increasing COM drops to the level of FoT and giving everyone 2 items from he raid for free. Epic Fail.

They are in the last stronghold of this game. Guilds.

Pugs are a fleeting thing of the past. Unless ur in prime time and wanna wait a bit. Usually raids are short manned now though. I believe in von 5 you would need at least 3 people to complete 6

If only doing 5 you could get away with 2 and a hire each.

FOT can be done with a few people (more time but doable.)

Ya pretty much anything can be short manned now. But usually its just guilds or select user channels with a gathering of static people.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Outside. I'm not being facetious, it's finally summer and I've been outside getting things done and prepping the yard to install our new pool, of which I will spend a lot of summer time inside and pool and my laptop don't mix. And there are some upcoming camping trips, picnics, all sorts of plans.

I'll join your raids in the fall again though when the weather turns and I come back inside.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Outside. I'm not being facetious, it's finally summer and I've been outside getting things done and prepping the yard to install our new pool, of which I will spend a lot of summer time inside and pool and my laptop don't mix. And there are some upcoming camping trips, picnics, all sorts of plans.

I'll join your raids in the fall again though when the weather turns and I come back inside.
    We all know how turtles like water.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Since the Raider boxes people have everything they need from the slow,annoying and painful raid called Pain in the Navel.

As such they prefer to go to FoT ( aka Piker's Fate redux ), where the number of CoH dropping is higher for less time and hassle.
    I figure there is going to be a hot market for CITW as a lot of swashers get up to that range and want their protector of the king.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

On what server are you?
    Also if you want to run citw, dont run eh or ee.
    Run en.
    IF you are on Thelanis, Ill be running it in a few days when I get back to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    I figure there is going to be a hot market for CITW as a lot of swashers get up to that range and want their protector of the king.
    depends if they used their box or not...
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    We all know how turtles like water.
    We totally do. Although I'd confess if they'd make waterproof laptops I'd be out there on a float playing DDO in the pool.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    depends if they used their box or not...
    Only get a box on toons made then so a lot of folks who either took...lets say coms or even a nightmare- are going to want to get their balli.

Ive seen a gaboodle of bards running around and my guess is not everyone took a balizarde with their box even if that character was already created when the boxes came down.

Personally, I TRd one of mine that DID have a balizarde and that was the primary deciding factor on which I made swashbuckler lol. So maybe more of us are doing that too
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Community Member

Giving a Wizard's Lizard a try. It's fun so far.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    They are in the last stronghold of this game. Guilds.

Pugs are a fleeting thing of the past. Unless ur in prime time and wanna wait a bit. Usually raids are short manned now though. I believe in von 5 you would need at least 3 people to complete 6

If only doing 5 you could get away with 2 and a hire each.

FOT can be done with a few people (more time but doable.)

Ya pretty much anything can be short manned now. But usually its just guilds or select user channels with a gathering of static people.
    VoN 5 takes at least 4 people or 2 people with pets. You can't use hires in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    VoN 5 takes at least 4 people or 2 people with pets. You can't use hires in raids.
    it only takes 3 people or 2 people and 1 pet
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast