Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    So...Half the Guild were booted/left because of said booting and EK loses ONE Level - 200-199!

Sounds like very few people in that guild were actually contributing renown in the first place!

Makes it all the more impressive that they got to 200 so fast.
    Or it means that whoever did farm out that renown went far enough past the start of 200 that they only dropped back to 199 when they lost a lot of renown.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Or it means that whoever did farm out that renown went far enough past the start of 200 that they only dropped back to 199 when they lost a lot of renown.
    It doesn't because you cannot farm renown past 200. It's capped at 200, or at least I was told so, which would explain why that guild dropped to 199 everyday and then went back to 200. We had a global guild announcement about them reaching lvl 200 everyday, the last one was 2 or 3 days ago, before everyone left to join Vindication, and now they are still 199.
    Last edited by Derana; 07-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Completionists: Heroic 33/42, Epic 36/36, "Iconic" 12/12

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    It doesn't because you cannot farm renown past 200. It's capped at 200, or at least I was told so, which would explain why that guild dropped to 199 everyday and then went back to 200. We had a global guild announcement about them reaching lvl 200 everyday.
    The guild level is capped at 200, but is the total renown that a guild can hold capped at (or just a little higher than) the level required for 200?

I know that the renown wasn't capped when the guild level was capped at 100. I don't know if it's any different now - I didn't realize that aspect had changed.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

I am guessing the original leader and his chums are not so fond of the "Usurp" mechanism now! All that hard work... who knows how many shards... ouch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    The guild level is capped at 200, but is the total renown that a guild can hold capped at (or just a little higher than) the level required for 200?

I know that the renown wasn't capped when the guild level was capped at 100. I don't know if it's any different now - I didn't realize that aspect had changed.
    As far as I know, the guild renown is capped when you hit lvl 200. You cannot earn renown past 200 (to gather renown for future updates in levels past 200), it wont add up, in contrary to before where you could when the cap was 100. If the renown is capped, it explains why they drop to 199 everyday and have to gather up to 200.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    As far as I know, the guild renown is capped when you hit lvl 200. You cannot earn renown past 200 (to gather renown for future updates in levels past 200), it wont add up, in contrary to before where you could when the cap was 100. If the renown is capped, it explains why they drop to 199 everyday and have to gather up to 200.
    This is the case. Some folks in the guild confirmed that once you hit the max renown it doesn't accumulate any more and every day you drop to 199 and must regain 200.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Actually, what it seems like, that even though the number doesnt increase, EK was not dropping below 200 very often, and no more the last 2 weeks, it seems that the number does go above the cap without showing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aulldeath View Post
    Actually, what it seems like, that even though the number doesnt increase, EK was not dropping below 200 very often, and no more the last 2 weeks, it seems that the number does go above the cap without showing.
    not true. they were dropping everyday and regained their 200 everyday. the last time they dropped and went back to 200 was now 4 days ago. Theres a global guild announcement about guild reaching lvl 200, and they had one like everyday.

See
    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    This is the case. Some folks in the guild confirmed that once you hit the max renown it doesn't accumulate any more and every day you drop to 199 and must regain 200.
    Last edited by Derana; 07-12-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Sarlona
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345