Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member Charltonsexton's Avatar

Default What goals keep you coming back after level cap?

Question for you folks. What goals do you have after hitting the level cap? It was easy to log in frequently when I was set on reaching 28, and also the fun runs with my guild. But taking away the leveling goal has me wondering what else I could focus on in between those guild runs. What to you guys do?

Quote Originally Posted by charltonsexton View Post
    what to you guys do?
    TR. I'd like to keep an alt capped but it's too much fun to start from scratch. I also start alts. Way too many.

5000 Favor. that +5 tome. But working the challenges is *hard*
    Farog on Khyber

Community Member

It's a game, just do what you enjoy most.

What did you enjoy the most on your way to 28?

Loot: stay at cap and run raids for loot and ingredients
    The journey: ETR or HTR and start again - making your character a bit more powerful at the same time
    Spending time with friends: Figure out what it is they want to do and join them

There is no shortage of goals you can make in this game. You just have to figure out what you would enjoy the most and do it.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charltonsexton View Post
    Question for you folks. What goals do you have after hitting the level cap? It was easy to log in frequently when I was set on reaching 28, and also the fun runs with my guild. But taking away the leveling goal has me wondering what else I could focus on in between those guild runs. What to you guys do?
    Well, currently I eTR. when I have am done with the eTR I find useful the character, I just play the two new raids with them and actively play another character who is eTRing. Or like now I am TRing a character and doing a swashbuckler up to L28.

I usually have a capped toon, to do all kind of stuff, like running end-game quests or raids, to farm items etc. And I have another completionist-like toon, which always trs, running from lvl1-28 and then double tr. Game doesn't get boring if you run through all the different quests only once or twice a past life. If I want to do end-game stuff or farming I switch to the capped toon, if i get bored of end-game content I go leveling the other toon. If nobody is online, and i go soloing i usually level the tr toon, if people are online, and raids form, i go raiding with end-game toon.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Question for you folks. What goals do you have after hitting the level cap?
    Goal: This is a game. The goal is to have fun.

So find/figure out what is fun for you and continue doing just that.

What keeps me coming back?

5,000 favor on my two original characters. Also getting all explorers and rares in every wilderness area.
    TR project on 3 others. 2 characters just need another life. 3rd character needs several more lives.
    Trying out new changes (ie just turned my bard into a swashbuckler).
    Have not found another game I enjoy as much.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Getting EE ready. I get pasted a lot in the mid- to high EE range, so I TR (E, I or H) and hope I do better next time around, whether through increased skill, improved equipment, or the past life bonus. Since it takes me abour 3 months to hit cap again (partly because I play other toons as well, partly because I'm in no hurry), being able to solo EE at cap is a looong way of yet -which was the point of picking that goal

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I really enjoying EE questing and EH/EE raiding. And as long I am improving my character atleast in someway in the process I'm fine with it. ETRing and going after deathwyrm weapons/armor has been my goal as of late. It's not something I have to do, but it's a goal I have in mind and i"ll get there eventually. More concerned about just having fun though...I rarely ever grind for gear.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

If haven't finished the destiny tree's I do so. Some of the guys I keep tr'ing but some of them I leave at the current cap (for guild events/raids and the like). I tend to keep at least one on a TR track (heroic or iconic).

If you get burned out on one of your guys just switch over to another. I like to come up with build ideas then implement them and based on performance..come up with other ideas. Always pushing to find a better way.

That's what keeps me playing at least....well on top of the camaraderie with my pals/guildies.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Mix and matching ideal gear to best suit the build and bolstering any perceived weaknesses
    TR's, ETR's for extra bonusses to make the build be as good as it can be.
    Farming out gear, ingredients and goodies for an alt build.

Roll up another toon to play something different.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Favor, new content... some gear.

But mostly I play alts.

I keep my main capped, but I TR some other toons.

I tend to TR the ones I don't like....lol

But... I currently have only two who have reached 28. And with Epic Destinies, only my main is actually XP capped. And that just happened recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

making new builds with odd combinations that I think will work very well and playing them to cap if they don't I tr them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Doing the early quests up to level 16, then the game is boring imo. We should be able to TR at level 16.

What keeps me coming back is the lowbie quests are actually more fun than the higher level ones past level 16.

Endgame raiding, loot farming, sagas for guild renown, new EE-capable alts, ETRs. I play this game now for EE play and the community that surrounds it.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

you got 3 options.

TR and get back to level 28 as a different build, even if it's just slightly different, like going from a 2hf with 28 build points to one with 34 build points.
    Loot farm, so that you can do the quests you have been doing, but slightly easier.
    EE runs, because some people enjoy the fact that they beat the highest difficulty, or that they beat it slightly faster than they did last time.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

For me, my main reason is the gameplay. I love traps, puzzles, and having more than one way to skin a cat. So for me that is what keeps me coming back. Secondly, I have 43 alts. I have plenty of replay ahead of me at my casual pace. Take my time, let new content roll out, etc.

Working on my next build.

In this instance, Frothmaw, my 13 SWF Dwarven Artificer. Dwarven Waraxe using. 31 Constitution, 29 INT. With Insightful Strikes and Throw Your Weight Around, I get +9 to hit, and +15 to damage (Improved Single Weapon Fighting +50% relevant stat [CONSITUTION]).

It's really fun to make quirky builds. Hopefully, this one pans out in Epic difficulties.

No serious goals at all, but i like to participate in events when i can catch them enabled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast