Thread: Is it true...

Question Is it true...

Can you actually use a +1 lesser heart to change an iconic avatar's first level?
    If this game wasn't so much fun to gripe about, I wouldn't play it!
    Griping about the servers and devs is the best part of DDO!
    The worst part is paying for the privilege of griping...

Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post
    Can you actually use a +1 lesser heart to change an iconic avatar's first level?
    yes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post
    Iconic avatar's? No idea.

But an iconic character's first level can be so changed... though I believe only AFTER taking all the 15 levels you get xp for. That is, to be a bladeforged pure wizard (say), you first take the 1 level of Paladin, then become 1 Paladin/14 Wizard, and only *then* use the +1 heart to swap out the first level.

That is, if I got it right. Not having any non-f2p races or classes yet myself, except drow...
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015 & 2016.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Iconic avatar's? No idea.

But an iconic character's first level can be so changed... though I believe only AFTER taking all the 15 levels you get xp for. That is, to be a bladeforged pure wizard (say), you first take the 1 level of Paladin, then become 1 Paladin/14 Wizard, and only *then* use the +1 heart to swap out the first level.

That is, if I got it right. Not having any non-f2p races or classes yet myself, except drow...
    Yes, (as far as I know) you level him up to 15 (although I suppose you could try to do it without doing this, but I think it is too risky to try it).

then do An LR +1 (or more), and at your character creation screen change his class.

Restate! Change his class during the character creation process BEFORE you log in normally to go to the.... (forgot name) place.. where you... level him up the rest of the way....lol.

I used a +3 heart that I had gotten in game somehow for free, and did this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

You cannot LR before spending the XP first. You have to level to 15 and choose the correct classes for 2-15. Then LR and change the first level.
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions