Community Member

Default Paying to remove a cleric level every TR seems wrong

I am ITRing my morning lord. I have already paid real money to remove his clr 1st lvl once, now I have to do it again. Just seems too money grabbing..

Community Member

GM confirms that every time I do a ITR, I will have to pay

So a morning lord that I have paid to swap out the clreic life on, when ITRd back into a morninglord, will have to pay everytime to remove the cleric level

I never thought I would miss the old monthly subscription model so much!

Community Member

...why don't you just play an Iconic the way it was meant to be played, with the 1 set level? Its not like Cleric locks you out of other classes like Pal does. Just swap out the level on your final life, rather than wasting an LR on a char you're just going to TR again anyway. You can make it back to 28 even with one "wasted" level.

Community Member

Lol...welcome to the reason why I haven't bought any iconics yet. I don't mind if a fresh iconic gets some pre-determined levels since they start off at a higher level, but tr iconics should get full choice of classes.

Community Member

Well, just bought a +1 heart of wood to remove the cleric level and it did not give me any opportunity to change it! I can only change levels from 2 onwards!

AAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Well, just bought a +1 heart of wood to remove the cleric level and it did not give me any opportunity to change it! I can only change levels from 2 onwards!

AAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    You change a first level in the character creation screen before entering the game to talk to the reincarnation trainer. Turbines alpha like UI at work here. I have seen several players talk about making this mistake, because we are used to selecting the class to change with the trainer. Only the first level class change works like this and should get a dialog telling you that you are using up your +1 before you move on to visual appearance. The lack of consistency really throws a lot of folks. I had a bug with the process and talked to a GM who told me that he got lots of complaints about not being able to change the first level class at the trainer lady, because they didn't know it was done in the creation screen.

Just get your TR's done then use the LR.
    Last edited by IronClan; 06-15-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You change a first level in the character creation screen before entering the game to talk to the reincarnation trainer. Turbines alpha like UI at work here. I have seen several players talk about making this mistake, because we are used to selecting the class to change with the trainer. Only the class works like this.

Just get your TR's done then use the LR.

Cheers Iron

I did look there (I have already taken this char through a ITR like this (why I was unhappy to have to repay) once, but there was no option in Char creator for that. Will be trying again, Ill see if I can spot a difference

S

Community Member

Play a dang drow, or shut up. ML isnt worth it, i regret buying it actually. Miss my drow, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Cheers Iron

I did look there (I have already taken this char through a ITR like this (why I was unhappy to have to repay) once, but there was no option in Char creator for that. Will be trying again, Ill see if I can spot a difference

S
    i think you missed the point. when you are at the character screen just change to a different class and then it uses the level. yes it works just fine. i did it on my bladeforged just now.

Community Member

I was able to convert a pure(level 15) bladeforged paladin into a pure lvl 15 bladeforged sorcerer using the +20 heart. You just have to select something else at the character creation screen. Is still bladeforged.

But, really, what are you complaining about? If you want to be TRing and you don't want a build that includes at least 1 level of the iconic's base class, just don't TR into an iconic. Not really worth the extra perks otherwise.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Like others said, just wait until final life to LR out the cleric level. Having 1 cleric level on your character won't hurt much at all.

I do agree the required level is a little ridiculous, if they wanted iconics to be a certain class I don't get why they'd only require 1 level.
    Last edited by axel15810; 06-15-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

At Charicter creation screen DO NOT select iconic Morninglord (you already are one) just go to the basic classes and select the class you want there.

Still I am on board with the just take the cleric level and run with it for a TR life it's not that big of a deal. LR+1 out of the cleric level on a built your going to stick with for a while

Community Member

I used a lesser to get rid of the 1 iconic level only when I planned to be in that build for a while. Otherwise I just sucked it up and played with that level if I was just trying to get an iconic life.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).