Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    I'd hope that they'd figure out the programming and make the upper deck reserved for cosmetics - purchasable in the DDO store or a rare chest reward like hair dye.

Things like fountains, water slides, stupid stuff like that that they could use to generate revenue.

Along those lines, it would be nice to have guild trophies that could appear in a trophy case - Raids run with 100% guild members, X number of TR'd guild members, guild wilderness conquests (Guild killed 10,000 giants etc) Such that when you invite a non-guildy to the ship, they can get buffs, but also see the "bragging" wall. Similar to the MM, but based on guild accomplishments.
    No please no....

Its bad enough I have to see the stupid pets and I constantly loot and vendor the dumb hair dye. Do not "reserve" the top deck for fluff. There is enough fluff below decks.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

The weather deck seems empty and boring now. I wish we could make it more interesting.

The cargo deck seems depressing.
    All of my old friends hidden away there to die a slow death.

Other than that I like the new ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Our guild had our Dummy on the top deck too, that was useful for testing purposes, particularly since it was within the Tavern effect of the barkeep so you regenned your SP

We need a dummy that fights back when hit. Even better, a wizard dummy (wooden with a big floppy hat) that will retaliate with lightning bolts and the like when attacked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    We need a dummy that fights back when hit. Even better, a wizard dummy (wooden with a big floppy hat) that will retaliate with lightning bolts and the like when attacked.
    Well, there is the magefire cannon in the Proving Grounds. Just click on the control box.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I find it amusing that the most likely place for me to see other guildies on the ship right now is in the cargo hold.
    Yeah same

Used to be on the top of the ship which is why you would put your maintenance things up there (bank, mailbox, tavern) and now its the cargo.

It would be really nice if at least a tavern could be up on top.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Ultimate Completionist

True, it would have been really nice to have the banker + mailbox + tavern on the top deck, however, I am content with them making a room with banker + mailbox + auction together.

Besides there are always ways to minimize swapping through decks.
    Just assign a specific deck (e.g. 1st upper deck - just giving it as an example as it contains the most room points), as your "interact-able" deck, so you can place all your bank+mailbox room / tavern room (Spirit binding area + tavern area are currently not working i.e. changing spells + recharging sp+hp,) / all restocking rooms (divine + arcane ingredients + ammunition + scrolls (when they fix it) + Crafting halls + etc etc. That way you will only need to click on the buff all button once .. go to the designated "interact-able" deck area ... restock, etc and be on your merry way (through a farshifter placed on a same deck to make it faster) .. Tis what we have it setup as on ours to save some time and loadscreens

That said, as mentioned earlier, it would ofcourse have been nice to have them on the top deck and skip a lot, specially with buffs being soo long ... just for an easy sell + repair.

But gotta admit the "non-disappearing on death" buffs are a pretty good addition ;-)
    KHYBER Server
    TOY SOLDIERS
    Xzelithorian (100) / Goldenwing / Dragonsphere / Dragonsfist / Wartrag / Bigfinger (little nose) ... etc

I want to hang out on deck ... not below decks its dark and I don't like it, please have a way to get the mail, tavern, auction, teleporters on deck.

It would be nice to have access to the mailbox, AH, a banker and a bar (iirc, a teleporter is unnecessary as that will come with the farshifter's chambers through the captain).

Turbine could make use of the existing amenities for this and continue removing at least a bit of plat from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Technically speaking, the Top (Weather deck) is so dreary because it's not coded properly/not complete. Try looking down on your toons shadow, it's stuck in a base pose, as is everything else. Something is missing and causing it to look dull and dreary.

As for lacking things, I don't know what they Dev's have in mind for the top deck, but I too missed the quick and easy access to base amenities such as that found on the former layout of the top deck for the Stormglory Tempest (Bar, Bank, Auctioneer and Mail Box). Now it's one too many clicks to reach a location for the same thing (4 clicks total and 2 loading screens to reach lower deck). In less clicks and loading screens I could be in the other houses and doing the same stuff, only there's no guildies along then, and doesn't feel like a place of gathering. But that's just me.

Due to the lighting issue on the top deck only, I'm going to guess that the top deck is going to have an "Environment" buff or cosmetic that can be applied to it in the future.

Sunny. +5% Healing Amp, Regeneration (1hp), +5 Positive Spell Power, etc
    Rainy. +1 Reflex Saves, +5 Acid Spell Power, +5 Cold Spell Power, +5% Cold Resistance, +5% Acid Resistance, etc
    Snowy. +1 Fortitude Saves, +5 Balance, +5% Cold Resistance, etc
    Night. +5% Incorporeability, +5 Spot, etc

With appropriate lighting and environment effects visible.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 17 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 8)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    Better yet, if you purchase the Orien Express, it would be ideal if a Banker, Mailbox and Auction House also appeared on the top deck (at predetermined positions).

A bar keeper should also appear up top for whichever amenity now provides the bar (is that Old Sullys? Banquet Hall? Something like that).

That way it would keep all the new amenity rooms consistent but still provides the access up top where usually needed.
    Yup, I'll be sad if the cargo hold ever goes away, but it will be better if we can get the bar and bank up top.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

Default Direct entrance to cargo hold?

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    Yup, I'll be sad if the cargo hold ever goes away, but it will be better if we can get the bar and bank up top.
    Yeah for me right now I would prefer just to enter the cargo hold (through the trap door in the floor). If they put the buff bar in then I would be set.

I guess then then the captain needs to be there too! Maybe I just want a big flat floating island/cloud and not a ship at all!

I like the new ships but having no hookpoints on the top deck is sort of a deal breaker for me. After a quest it was nice to hit my ship and buy/sell/repair/swap spells/maybe hit the training dummy a few times/bank ect. all without having to explore the depths of my airship. It would also serve as a sort of social hangout for the guild. If you they at least add a tavern to the top deck I could live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I like the new ships but having no hookpoints on the top deck is sort of a deal breaker for me. After a quest it was nice to hit my ship and buy/sell/repair/swap spells/maybe hit the training dummy a few times/bank ect. all without having to explore the depths of my airship. It would also serve as a sort of social hangout for the guild. If you they at least add a tavern to the top deck I could live with that.
    [sarcasm=ON] But the social hangout you have now! Just go to the cargo hold. We all can be found there now. All your fellow guildies will be there! [sarcasm=OFF]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12