Default Astral Shard Airship Price Reduction

"Guilds who purchased the Typhoon, Glaive, Trefoil, or Kraken airships between Wednesday’s patch and today’s price change announcement can receive help from our GMs via the ingame help menus for the difference in shards between the U22 price and next week’s updated price."

Would have just bought a bigger ship in the first place.
    Is it possible to get the ship upgrade instead of the shards?

Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    "Guilds who purchased the Typhoon, Glaive, Trefoil, or Kraken airships between Wednesday’s patch and today’s price change announcement can receive help from our GMs via the ingame help menus for the difference in shards between the U22 price and next week’s updated price."

Would have just bought a bigger ship in the first place.
    Is it possible to get the ship upgrade instead of the shards?
    /signed

i so agree with this
    Its not who i am that matters, its what i do that defines me.
    Recklass /Darthforth /Diverga/Donatianus/Verkonan/+

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dark270 View Post
    /signed

i so agree with this
    I agree. We would have bought the next one up and would want that one instead of a refund.

Had this new pricing been in effect from day one, I would have bought the 700 shards we needed with real money to get the top end ship. This has left us dissatisfied and has cost Turbine some bottom-line revenue.

This wasn't handled well.

Ideally I would like a full refund so that I can purchase the extra shards needed to get us up to the top end ship. Can this be an option Turbine? Can we get a full refund so that we can redo the purchase? I guarantee it will increase your revenue. I have my credit card ready to buy the points I need for the extra shards.

Airships not being setup as upgrades is really odd. Instead of the old method where you could get excited as you approached the benchmark for a new airship, now there will be a single fundraiser to buy an airship. And I seriously doubt many, if any, guilds will ever have a second fundraiser for another airship.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post
    Airships not being setup as upgrades is really odd. Instead of the old method where you could get excited as you approached the benchmark for a new airship, now there will be a single fundraiser to buy an airship. And I seriously doubt many, if any, guilds will ever have a second fundraiser for another airship.
    Totally agree. If there were an upgrade path, then a simple refund of the extra shards would be sufficient. We could just apply it to the next upgrade. As it stands, there is little likelihood we will ever buy one of the bigger ships. It took us a long time to get the funds needed to buy the ship we have. It will never happen again.

Community Member

So instead of making this right, they refunded the 1300 shard difference and told me that was all they were going to do. Ticket closed. That's a fine reminder to me and my guildies who we are dealing with, and to keep our wallets closed. If there is any further recourse to this mess, I would be willing to pursue it, but I don't have any hope that Turbine will do the right thing.

Default Ship upgrade option is only fair.

/signed

I bought the ship out of my personal shard account, not from the guild account.

A guild account refund is better than nothing, but i'd much rather have an upgrade to the next ship, or if not that then a refund into my personal account, where the shards came from originally. I already bought the shard shrines that we want in the near term, so putting them in the guild account locks them up for a considerable period of time.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Default Sad

/signed
    Nothing about the way Turbine has done this, will make my guild buy anything, as a group, again.
    Last edited by Galad1; 06-15-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    Guild Leader of Ex Deus - The jolly band of Danes and Americans, who live and play in constant denial of timezones and sleep.
    Current toons on Khyber : Marhen ; Rorscharch ; Malfares ; Cyriandes ; Shamsi-Adad ; Asurbanipal ; Asurnasirpal ;

Community Member

/signed

We bought the max ship so it makes no difference to us, but there should be an option for GMs to upgrade the ship rather than refund for people that didn't buy the biggest ship. Depending on upgrade change it could also result in partial refund or additonal payment required.

Have faith I think they will figure out a way to make it right.

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Have faith I think they will figure out a way to make it right.
    I don't think they will based on the (lack) of feedback provided when they were asked why there wasn't an upgrade path anymore.

Prior to this update there was an upgrade path. I personally always thought it was odd that it bounced back and forth from PP to AS ships but that is the system they had in place. On Lamannia, up until this update went live, they had an upgrade path for AS ships.

Yes, following an upgrade path will end up costing more AS in the long run, but for many guilds stepping up from one ship to the next, taking the cost to get to the biggest ship in smaller chunks spread over time while still seeing some increasing benefits, is what the players are looking for.

I know my guild is currently sitting in an AS ship and we had planned to upgrade to the next largest AS ship right after the update and then would be looking at another upgrade to the next AS ship after that near year end. Based on the changes Turbine has made it looks like we will just purchase the largest PP ship we can afford (its larger than our current AS ship) and upgrade further as our guild level increases. Oh well it is what it is.

I hope it all works out for those people who spent all the AS they could on ships/ammenities and now are getting a refund that their guild may not be able to use.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.