Community Member

Default Iconic character comes with extra slot?

Guys - quick question: I'm a Premium - I have 5 used slots, If I buy an Iconic character does it come with a slot or would I have to also get a slot or delete one of my other toons?

Thanks in advance

MacR

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacRighteous View Post
    Guys - quick question: I'm a Premium - I have 5 used slots, If I buy an Iconic character does it come with a slot or would I have to also get a slot or delete one of my other toons?

Thanks in advance

MacR
    That's a good question. I got my Iconics when I bought the expansion, and the slots came with. However, I have no idea whether they were grouped with the iconics or just the xpack.

EDIT: I have looked around, and I cannot find anything that says an Iconic comes with a slot.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 06-14-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    That's a good question. I got my Iconics when I bought the expansion, and the slots came with. However, I have no idea whether they were grouped with the iconics or just the xpack.

EDIT: I have looked around, and I cannot find anything that says an Iconic comes with a slot.

Thanks for the reply Tscheuss - I too, have not been able to find anything that says they do... or dont for that matter... So I thought someone here could tell me definitively yes or no.

Kinda like you, when I bought the FR expac I got the druid and extra slot with the purchase - so I'm not sure if a stand alone purchase works that way or not.

BTW - I like your sig - thats exactly how I feel about D&D and off course DDO - thanks

MacR

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by macrighteous View Post
    thanks for the reply tscheuss - i too, have not been able to find anything that says they do... Or dont for that matter... So i thought someone here could tell me definitively yes or no.

Kinda like you, when i bought the fr expac i got the druid and extra slot with the purchase - so i'm not sure if a stand alone purchase works that way or not.

Btw - i like your sig - thats exactly how i feel about d&d and off course ddo - thanks

macr
    You're welcome, and thanks about my sig.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

I would imagine *not*...otherwise, why specify that you get an extra slot with the expansions?

You don't get an extra slot with Horc or Helf (or any of the Store classes), I don't see why Iconics would be any different since, to the Store, they're just another Premium Race.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I would imagine *not*...otherwise, why specify that you get an extra slot with the expansions?

You don't get an extra slot with Horc or Helf (or any of the Store classes), I don't see why Iconics would be any different since, to the Store, they're just another Premium Race.

Well - because they are more expensive then the other races and classes. All the other races and classes you drop $20.00 and you can buy the class/race and an extra slot. Not so with the Iconics... that has me wondering if there is a deal built in there.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MacRighteous View Post
    Well - because they are more expensive then the other races and classes. All the other races and classes you drop $20.00 and you can buy the class/race and an extra slot. Not so with the Iconics... that has me wondering if there is a deal built in there.
    if there was I would imagine it would say so and they are more expensive because they start with gear and at lvl 15

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

It has been a while, but I think it actually does.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    It has been a while, but I think it actually does.
    did you buy just iconics or the expansion?

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

When i bought Bladeforged recently, it did not come with an extra slot.