Default Surprise find in epic 3BC

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

The Tiefling Assassin's Blade is nothing new, I believe. You appear to be near the moored airship where that rare encounter appears that might give that one to you. I've been trying to find him forever before Update 22 and then, on my first entry into the e3BC, he shows up and drops that blade for me. I'm hardly complaining; I've been getting ready to TR my shortsword ninja.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    The Tiefling Assassin's Blade is nothing new, I believe. You appear to be near the moored airship where that rare encounter appears that might give that one to you. I've been trying to find him forever before Update 22 and then, on my first entry into the e3BC, he shows up and drops that blade for me. I'm hardly complaining; I've been getting ready to TR my shortsword ninja.
    the surprise for me was that the rare was still there in Epic 3BC and only in his heroic form. Must be a coding error.

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    the surprise for me was that the rare was still there in Epic 3BC and only in his heroic form. Must be a coding error.
    Yes, there is a rare encounter from Heroic creeping into the Epic version of 3BC. It's been bugged.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

End reward chest for Ghost of a Chance (ran this EH) was interesting, too: some Wheloon items were present for me; my son got a selection of heroic goodies. Overall, though, I'm good with the new material... though I did bug report friendly fire incidents with ballistas in the explorer area. It's a bit comical, but I doubt that we're actually supposed to be able to target (and kill) members of own own party with them.
    Last edited by alancarp; 06-13-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    End reward chest for Ghost of a Chance (ran this EH) was interesting, too: some Wheloon items were present for me; my son got a selection of heroic goodies. Overall, though, I'm good with the new material... though I did bug report friendly fire incidents with ballistas in the explorer area. It's a bit comical, but I doubt that we're actually supposed to be able to target (and kill) members of own own party with them.
    the ballistas are wai friendly fire is ment to be turned on as the enemies can use them against you as well
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    the ballistas are wai friendly fire is ment to be turned on as the enemies can use them against you as well
    That's exciting. Good 1-shot potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    That's exciting. Good 1-shot potential there.
    You mean griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Yeah, I wandered over that way on my necro and FoD-ed the tiefling before before I could even examine him. (I'd be the guy who accidentally stabbed my girlfiriend when she snuck up behind me in the horror movie.)

The real strange thing was that the chest, with the exception of the tiefling blade, was all level 25.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

I reported on Lammania that I had the Tiefling Rare on my very first run of Epic 3BC wilderness, and later reported that turning in Epic Prove Your Worth quest gave me a heroic reward list.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, there is a rare encounter from Heroic creeping into the Epic version of 3BC. It's been bugged.
    That explains why I saw just a glimpse of him when I was there. One of us in party just turning around probably killed him just by bumping into him!

Thanks for the rare blade, anyways!
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    You mean griefing.
    Watching a party member accidentally shoot himself with a ballista was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    That explains why I saw just a glimpse of him when I was there. One of us in party just turning around probably killed him just by bumping into him!

Thanks for the rare blade, anyways!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Yeah, I wandered over that way on my necro and FoD-ed the tiefling before before I could even examine him. (I'd be the guy who accidentally stabbed my girlfiriend when she snuck up behind me in the horror movie.)

The real strange thing was that the chest, with the exception of the tiefling blade, was all level 25.
    The blade is so good for heroics that it is worth farming over there until the bug fix comes out while exploring and farming for other gear (my monk has pulled twice the rapier and the buckler). And yes, Ithun at CR 7 died rather quickly lol

Community Member

Default The poor sod is still there?

YEah, we noticed that one on Lamannia already. Poor sod. Have to give him kudos for persistence though!

You want a real surprise in Epic 3 Barrel - Just past that Tiefling Rare spot is a Waterfall - Below which, on the seabed is an extra chest.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    You want a real surprise in Epic 3 Barrel - Just past that Tiefling Rare spot is a Waterfall - Below which, on the seabed is an extra chest.
    thx for this. Just checked--it is still there. It says 'trunk'