Community Member

Default Three Finger Thad: Clothing Pawn

Any one else having problems with the Three Finger Thad amenity? The clothing pawn broker appears to have come with about 5 ML:1 items already in stock, but won't purchase any clothing item from me. Well, it is offering to buy my BtC Cove Hat, but nothing else I have tried appears in the sell tab. So far the Armor and Weapon pawn aren't nearly so picky about what they will purchase.

BTW, anyone know where the Jewelry pawn broker ended up? Be nice have the full set...

Community Member

All the airship brokers seem funky to me. Weapon wouldn't buy anything from me, and armor bought some but not others.

Aye, we're having the same problem. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this or if it'll be fixed with the patch next week?
    Keep on rollin'.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    All the airship brokers seem funky to me. Weapon wouldn't buy anything from me, and armor bought some but not others.
    Oh, weapon broker would buy my ancient unbound ML0 Muckbane, but nothing else.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Yes, having problems selling some armors/weapons to the vendors. Clothing vendor will not buy anything and no jewelry vendor. Needs to be fixed ASAP!

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

At least Thad doesn't tell you to go vendor at the rust nail.

Seriously though all of these new amenities need to be fixed ASAP.

Community Member

Oh, good! It's not just me going crazy. Yeah, Armor buys up my stuff fine, weapon and clothing rarely think my stuff is worth their trouble. I do hope they fix the price range they can buy and add in a Jewelry broker for the whole set. I am kind looking forward to the idea of being able to do all that stuff in the Guild ship.

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

Lightbulb same issues

Quote Originally Posted by rhonin31 View Post
    Any one else having problems with the Three Finger Thad amenity? The clothing pawn broker appears to have come with about 5 ML:1 items already in stock, but won't purchase any clothing item from me. Well, it is offering to buy my BtC Cove Hat, but nothing else I have tried appears in the sell tab. So far the Armor and Weapon pawn aren't nearly so picky about what they will purchase. BTW, anyone know where the Jewelry pawn broker ended up? Be nice have the full set...
    We have a weapons, armor and clothing merchant. The clothing merchant won't buy anything at all but has some lvl 2 gear to sell. The armor broker will buy most anything we try to sell (shield, docent, armors) for high level only (>14 or so). The weapon vendor is kind of picky it seems. Our general vendor works well, he will buy anything of any level.I also would like to add a jewelry broker even if it means we have to pay extra for this. I have to say having hirelings for sale on our ship is better than homemade cornbread!Thanks Turbine for all the new guild amenities. Even if there are some bugs still to work through.
    Proud officer of Truth Seekers and Windscar Elite on Argonessen! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, TheLorr, Soulmachine, Batonrouge, Jimmyhendrix, Jimipage, Ironzealot, Lorrsane, Taurnish, etc.

This wasn't fixed in the patch, so is this a bug or is there a special mechanic attached to these specific brokers?

Keep on rollin'.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Bug it. I think there may be some deeper issues with Guild brokers. Like are they ship based brokers, or is it all guilds based; meaning selling to your brokers allows them to sell to other guilds with brokers.

Thumbs down Almost a Year later.. Still doesn't work right!

Funny thing about such simple things..
    Been reported for a long time and it still doesn't work.
    Added to the ship as I thought it would be pretty handy only to
    find it didn't work and then found this nice little thread.
    If ya sell something that doesn't work. People do have a right to a REFUND!

So either fix this amenity or change it to what it actually is or correctly identify it.
    So far none of the vendors will purchase anything from any of my Characters except for
    the general vendor. This doesn't match the information provided about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleDriver View Post
    Funny thing about such simple things..
    Been reported for a long time and it still doesn't work.
    Added to the ship as I thought it would be pretty handy only to
    find it didn't work and then found this nice little thread.
    If ya sell something that doesn't work. People do have a right to a REFUND!

So either fix this amenity or change it to what it actually is or correctly identify it.
    So far none of the vendors will purchase anything from any of my Characters except for
    the general vendor. This doesn't match the information provided about it.
    Agreed.
    The problem is that in the last year the number of bugs has increased dramatically and old problems are now at the bottom of the stack that, unfortunaletly, will grow endlessly.

Community Member

Hello, I just wanted to chime in to note that I too am experiencing the sorrow that comes with being an owner of Three Finger Thad's Disappointment Emporium.

Even though there's a little bit of hopelessness displayed in this thread regarding the possibility of a fix, I went ahead and submitted a bug report (complete with screenshots) to maybe remind them that this is still an issue that's biting people.

Community Member

As it seems nobody has mentioned it. The issue is that the armor and weapon brokers are the high end and the clothing broker seems to be the bottom end versions of those NPC's. It would be nice if they just made universal versions and added a jewelry broker to cover anything.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    As it seems nobody has mentioned it. The issue is that the armor and weapon brokers are the high end and the clothing broker seems to be the bottom end versions of those NPC's. It would be nice if they just made universal versions and added a jewelry broker to cover anything.
    I've seen the armor broker accept a 3200 plat/ML8 thing, but I couldn't get the weapon broker to accept similar things. The clothing broker doesn't seem to accept even lowest end objects I could find.

Community Member

Default Dear Turbine its been years, fix the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by esotericist View Post
    Hello, I just wanted to chime in to note that I too am experiencing the sorrow that comes with being an owner of Three Finger Thad's Disappointment Emporium.

Even though there's a little bit of hopelessness displayed in this thread regarding the possibility of a fix, I went ahead and submitted a bug report (complete with screenshots) to maybe remind them that this is still an issue that's biting people.
    I was quite excited to speed up my selling trips without having to sell at bronze vendor prices. Found some inconsistencies with Thad's employees.....then found this thread...... Noticed that its been years and Turbine has still not addressed the bugs with this airship feature, despite being well reported by the community. Decided to do the same thing and submit a report. The defect with the clothing broker's coding remains for certain, not sure about the other vendors.

Dear Turbine, your players who support your products with hard currency deserve to have the things they pay for work in game, as advertised. Please fix this bug, its been years.....