Community Member

Default Iconic Bladeforged Juggernaut: greataxe vs. greatsword?

Well I TRed into what I expect will be my final life for some time and decided to just jump straight to the fun and become an iconic(mostly for comunion of scribbing), and did the 2 paladin/2 monk/n warforged split(currently 14 warforged: character level 18).

Well when I hit 18 last night I went to grab all of my dreaming dark gear out of the TR cache and remembered the sword Terror. That got me thinking about the Lord of Blades and how as a bladesworn I should be getting some bonuses if I use a greatsword.

Well, up till then I HAD been using an aspect of mineral II greataxe, but now I am wondering if I'd be better off with a greatsword?

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjwizard View Post
    Well I TRed into what I expect will be my final life for some time and decided to just jump straight to the fun and become an iconic(mostly for comunion of scribbing), and did the 2 paladin/2 monk/n warforged split(currently 14 warforged: character level 18).

Well when I hit 18 last night I went to grab all of my dreaming dark gear out of the TR cache and remembered the sword Terror. That got me thinking about the Lord of Blades and how as a bladesworn I should be getting some bonuses if I use a greatsword.

Well, up till then I HAD been using an aspect of mineral II greataxe, but now I am wondering if I'd be better off with a greatsword?
    Warforged isn't an Iconic, assume you mean Artificer 16/ Paly 2/ Monk 2? This is a great build (although the Ranger splash version is better imho).

On to your question; I think you're better off with the MinII especially as you should be in the Vale & this is a good DR breaker & has a better crit multiplier). If running elite content Terror's PK effect will get saved against a lot.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drykks - Baanzai - Elyndaar

Does not really matter.

The question is, what do you have acquired already as one of each endgame viable weapon option? Thunderforged weapons have same slots and same special tiers. CiTW greataxe is nice for cc purposes (but occupies 2 slots, if you want set bonus for PRR), esos is universal but outdated and still hard to get. Hunter's Slayer is another option but still not reliably farmed. Easy options are:

Greensteel and Elemental Greataxe of Fire, which remains bta, got a slot at max tier and affects current endgame mobs completely (meh, except bludgeoning DR, but with armorpiercing you won't feel a big difference and there is the option on challenges maul, too). Looking at dps, I'd go challenges axe. Eaga might be good as well, had the feeling that shards'n stuff drops at higher rate than stuff in house K.

If you want to keep greatsword bonuses, plan for thunderforged greatsword.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 06-15-2014 at 05:58 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

In heroic the difference is so little that it won't matter.

The answer eventually is neither, use a sireth & or Thunderforged 1/4 staff to be centred in earth stance, make room for adept of & master of forms.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 06-15-2014 at 08:47 AM.