Community Member

Question +X LR Class Changes- Need Help

I currently have a 12ftr / 6mnk / 2pal that I dislike playing for irrelevant reasons, and wish to change to 16fvs / 2ftr / 2mnk.

Can I do a +3 lesser reincarnation to change to 12ftr / 8mnk, and then use my +20 to change to 16fvs / 2ftr / 2mnk?
    There are only two types of people that I hate. (1), necrotic wizards, and (2), everyone else.

Yes.

You might even be able to do it without the +3 if you bunch the levels of Pally or Monk near the beginning of your progression. For example if you started off with 2 Pally, you could replace those with 2 Monk and then you would be down to only 2 classes and could add in your 3rd... FvS.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Quote Originally Posted by jortann View Post
    You might even be able to do it without the +3 if you bunch the levels of Pally or Monk near the beginning of your progression. For example if you started off with 2 Pally, you could replace those with 2 Monk and then you would be down to only 2 classes and could add in your 3rd... FvS.
    I would not risk my +20 heart trying that, unless you are certain the 3 class limit has been removed.

As a direct result of the 3 classes limit, a multi-classed character that already has 3 classes, can only select classes from his previous life during reincarnation. So a Cleric/Fighter/Wizard can select any combination of Cleric, Fighter and/or Wizard during reincarnation, but no other class.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnatio..._Reincarnation
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    I currently have a 12ftr / 6mnk / 2pal that I dislike playing for irrelevant reasons, and wish to change to 16fvs / 2ftr / 2mnk.

Can I do a +3 lesser reincarnation to change to 12ftr / 8mnk, and then use my +20 to change to 16fvs / 2ftr / 2mnk?
    Yes. Use the +3 to burn off your 2 paladin levels.

PAY ATTENTION AS YOU ARE LEVELING. The life shaper will list out the class you took your last life at the top. If you want to deviate from that path select one of the lower options - I began my life using my fists, blah blah blah. Once you complete that level and take another one from the life shaper you will get text in red saying how many more classes you can change.

You can also open up a ticket with the developers in game and they will tell you exactly what class you took for each level last life so you can plan out when to use your +3 lesser heart.

Once that is done you will need to wait 3 days before you can use your +20 heart. As if the system was not convoluted enough they make you wait 3 days to do this again.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

it depends on the class order you took when you leveled up. some are easier to fix then others.
    for example
    since you have 12ftr / 6mnk / 2pal
    if you took them in order
    level 1-12 fither level 13-18 monk level 19-20 pal
    you can not change the paly levels to anything other then ftr or monk.
    because level 19 you will have to take paly fighter or monk there is no choice. because level 20 is locked in as paly still and that would give you 4 classes.
    the class you would have to change is monk or fighter and you can only change those to paly or either fighter or monk until you have no levels of them.
    you want 16 fvs this is not possible unless..
    if you took paly at levels 1-4 in which case you can change the paly levels to fighter or monk depending what other classes you took at those levels and then change the last 16 levels to fvs once you have removed all the paly levels. it is rather confusing and annoying I know but that's the only way it will work.
    without knowing the exact levels you took each class I can't give specific advice weather or not you can fix it but in short you can not have more then 3 classes at any given time and they count classes that are higher level you haven't yet got the option to change.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by jortann View Post
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    I would not risk my +20 heart trying that, unless you are certain the 3 class limit has been removed.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnatio..._Reincarnation

i am positive this works. i did it recently to change Pointless from 16 bard/2 barb/ 2 rogue to 16 bard/2 ranger/2 rogue... BUT **NOTE~!!! PAY ATTENTION~!!!** (if i could make that flash, i would.. its that important) this only works if you know what levels you took your classes, and, ideally, plan it ahead of time so there will be no surprises. you cannot take the OTHER third class UNTIL AND UNLESS you completely wipe out the other class you are getting rid of. in my example... bard =1, barb =2, rogue =3, ranger =4. my original class order looked like:

3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

where now my class order looks like:

3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

and if i were to decide to take ranger out and put, say, fighter in (or put barb BACK in) i would have to push it even farther back

SO, if you frontloaded your paladin levels, it will be easy to take them out. if they're at the end, or scattered throughout... it will only work if you use the +3 interim heart
    Last edited by katz; 06-12-2014 at 11:48 AM.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post

Yes. You can do it like you planned. Like other posters mentioned, PAY ATTENTION.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester