Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Was hoping for a little bard respecc in U22

...but my level 26 (Bard 18/PDK 2) bard is stuck with his old feats. Seems like a little respecc is in order ;(.....

Before crying too long in my Dirty Kobold, is there an easy way to change feats at the moment? As far as I know the trivia solo is down and you can't get the free feat swap tokens.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    ...but my level 26 (Bard 18/PDK 2) bard is stuck with his old feats. Seems like a little respecc is in order ;(.....

Before crying too long in my Dirty Kobold, is there an easy way to change feats at the moment? As far as I know the trivia solo is down and you can't get the free feat swap tokens.
    Get yourself some Siberys dragonshards.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Siberys_Dragonshard

Fairly easy to make and you can buy them on the AH from time to time. Or there is always TPs.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Yep.

Sorta moot question because I just tested and the trivia quest is back and provides free feat swap tokens again. Yaaay!

And the chocolatey goodness of that Dirty Kobold doesn't hurt either!

May have celebrated too soon. Looks like you can only run Mark of the Dragon once now, so that's not a robust solution. Flawless siberys dragonshards are rare and expensive in game. It's one thing if you're lowbie still. Hmm...

Community Member

May have celebrated too soon. Looks like you can only run Mark of the Dragon once now, so that's not a robust solution. Flawless siberys dragonshards are rare and expensive in game. It's one thing if you're lowbie still. Hmm...
    When could you ever run it more than once?

Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    When could you ever run it more than once?
    Guess why it was closed up until today...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

Not sure. For a while during the time before they shut it down. I was doing it repeatedly. Figured it was WAI, but maybe not since they've been tinkering with it.

15 AS per feat change.

Not great but no timer on it.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Ok. I'm streamlining my message for this thread, which is now a simple 'give us a respecc since you just added feats again', please.

Default Want in one hand...

Ok. I'm streamlining my message for this thread, which is now a simple 'give us a respecc since you just added feats again', please.
    I too like free stuff, but i don't think this is likely to happen. Heck, Swash & SWF wasn't exactly a secret. If you knew you were out of the free options they already gave you (1 free Lesser heart per character, and an additional 1 free Lesser +20 if it existed at the time of the Enhancement pass) then you've had ~2 or 3 months to collect Astrel Shards or Siberys & Plat for Fred or TP for a lesser heart. With the changes they're discussing for Paladins & Damage Mitigation on the horizon, I suspect granting bonus lessers for every change is a precedent they'ld like to avoid setting...

...although I'ld love to be wrong about that!
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

@PermaBanned

How many feat changes do you think I'd need given that I have greater two handed fighting? That means I need to do at least two feat swaps before I can even start with the single weapon line. I'm not talking about a few feats at a lowbie level where lesser siberys shards are required. I'm talking 5-6 flawless siberys and several hundred thousand plat. I spend plenty on the game but I really dislike buying consumables, it's one of the few things in the game I genuinely begrudge, although I don't begrudge another player doing so if it pleases them.

@PermaBanned

How many feat changes do you think I'd need given that I have greater two handed fighting? That means I need to do at least two feat swaps before I can even start with the single weapon line. I'm not talking about a few feats at a lowbie level where lesser siberys shards are required. I'm talking 5-6 flawless siberys and several hundred thousand plat. I spend plenty on the game but I really dislike buying consumables, it's one of the few things in the game I genuinely begrudge, although I don't begrudge another player doing so if it pleases them.
    Yup, 5 feat exchanges minimum; and thats assuming you already have the balance ranks you need. I just find it surprising that people who've been waiting to respec for SWF - and thus I assume following it's development (how else did they know they wanted it?) are suddenly discovering they don't have a means to make the changes they desire. There has after all been time to prepare...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

not really for free for running gh at 75 agent mark. go look. i have a ton just for this reason.

Aware of all the solutions proposed so far. Can see how flawless shards can pile up for some folks. I have some, but probably not handfuls to waste. There are some other decent choices for that argo favor too and I do use those for feat changes already, so one per life does not mean I have a stockpile.

My solution is to convert my 4200 comms on my monkcher to seeds, cap the bard and eTR him for the LR. Monkcher can keep farming the new raids and stuff. Works out pretty good. That's been my plan and yardstick the whole time, a lot better than wasting all those valuable feat change resources I do indeed have and use.

I just think its a wash or not that big of a revenue hit to give out LRs after these kinds of things. It's all chimerical anyway. After they were generous with LR and +20 hearts, gave out raid boxes, etc., I felt really good about the game and bought a lot of TP, got all the content and durable conveniences, and (this is the key) invested in character slots and got more toons going, which makes me a bit more resource hungry for moar stuff. Then all the love dried up. Never buying toons again unless they loosen up. I'll always pay for content because that's a more than fair deal.

you can make them easy enough. Hell I throw away the 2nd teir ones all the time for space. Its if fred is working that's the real pain.

I think freds taking those dragonshards and crushing them into dust. He's always twitching to waiting for the next batch and then just is comatose at times....
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

To get swf, you need balance skill. SO not only do you need to swap feats, but you need to respect skills. That is why I was asking for a heart. They did it for the spellpower changes, why not now?

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    you can make them easy enough. Hell I throw away the 2nd teir ones all the time for space.
    But making a flawless is equivalent to combining 1,000,000 dragonshard fragments. As a practical matter you'd start with higher order shards but you'd still need 10s, 100s or 1000s depending on which you have. And then you're destroying many many opportunities for lower level feat changes. I don't store fragments because those near worthless 10,000 stacks weigh me down. And if I did smash all my lesser shards together to make 5 flawless, I'd still not have enough balance anyway.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

1. Level to 28.
    2. eTR.
    3. Get epic PL.
    4. Respec when releveling to 20.
    5. Profit!
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Noctus, I guess that secret step the underwear gnomes never discovered was 'Earn 4200 Comms of Valor'. The good news, which you can also read above, is my monkcher can pass those comms. Yaay, monkchers save the day again!

Thumbs down

The truth comes out at last:

20% off Hearts of Wood, Quest XP, & More!
    June 13 - June 19th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast