Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default List of things aint nobody got time for: 1. THAT

The spiked wall trap as you fall down the hole in Prove Your Worth.

"(Combat): You attempt to save versus trap: pierce. You roll a 19 (+58): save failure!
    (Combat): You suffer 211 points of damage from Trap:Pierce."

Um.. huh? It's a lvl 25 quest on normal. The 211 is with evasion.

Is this an auto fail trap or what?
    Excuse me while I commit imaginary genocide. I'm preparing myself for further real world imperialism and colonialism by practicing wiping out everything that moves on orion.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Is that with improved Evasion too? If so, a 422 damage trap with a DC > 77 on Epic Normal, ouch.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    Is that with improved Evasion too? If so, a 422 damage trap with a DC > 77 on Epic Normal, ouch.
    nah. No imp eva. just pointing out I have evasion, rolled a 19 with a 58 bonus and still failed.
    Excuse me while I commit imaginary genocide. I'm preparing myself for further real world imperialism and colonialism by practicing wiping out everything that moves on orion.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Okay, a bit less ouch. But it's still a pretty high bar to pass, not many characters are going to have better reflex saves without lots of investment. And it sounds like it might be an autokill on Elite.
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    The spiked wall trap as you fall down the hole in Prove Your Worth.

"(Combat): You attempt to save versus trap: pierce. You roll a 19 (+58): save failure!
    (Combat): You suffer 211 points of damage from Trap:Pierce."

Um.. huh? It's a lvl 25 quest on normal. The 211 is with evasion.

Is this an auto fail trap or what?
    Is this a new thing? I don't remember it.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

I went in there on my new swashy buckling with a group of monks and bf sorcs with monk levels on elite. There was a lot of death. My reflex save is 65 and I failed about as many as I made. The problem is that it's trap after trap after trap, so you're constantly making saving rolls. The spike trap in question is a particular pita because the spikes disappear and reappear randomly as you're dropping. There is way to dodge them, and they simply appear out of nowhere instead of coming out and going in so you have some chance of guess where a clear path might me.

I can't imagine that it will be doable on a toon without evasion. As it was I died less than some, but still died from traps 3 times.

Pretty over the top.

Fun quest otherwise.

does the trap hit climbing the ladders, or only if you miss and fall?
    Inagaki
    Argo
    CoP

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Prove your Worth, EH.. fire traps.

18 + 75 Fail!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Are there ways to disable, time, or twitch around/past them?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

It is autofail trap but it can be completely avoidable with a bit of practice. My best out of four runs was getting hit by the spikes only once. So it is possible for sure.

EDIT: Have run it on live only on EE but from what I have seen on Lammania, I agree that the damage on EN was too high.
    Last edited by Rys; 06-11-2014 at 07:35 PM.

The "game is too easy" crowd got what they deserve. E3BC is not for regular players.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    The "game is too easy" crowd got what they deserve. E3BC is not for regular players.
    The *divine Grace Needs to be nerfed* Crowd too.

That is day 1. There will be patch and learning curve.
    In a week, even drunken Horc barbarians will jump down with no pain.

My buddy (monk) jumped down was hit onece, cocooned and then avoided everything else. I jumped - oops forgot FF - died.
    A cleric/pally guildie no evasion died at the second thick.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    nah. No imp eva. just pointing out I have evasion, rolled a 19 with a 58 bonus and still failed.
    If you failed the save you'd take full damage regardless of that O.o'

And 211 is nothing in Epics.

My gimp barbarian solution:

1. Park hireling in a safe place
    2. Jump without FF
    3. Die
    4. Call hireling
    5. Rez
    6. Profit (-10%)
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    My gimp barbarian solution:

1. Park hireling in a safe place
    2. Jump without FF
    3. Die
    4. Call hireling
    5. Rez
    6. Profit (-10%)
    This is becoming the common workaround.

Trap damage saves are stupid high. These save levels are not in line with the levels of the quests.

After running the chain once on EE, I have no interest in running again. ever..

and that is just sad. The quests themselves I enjoyed, other than the constant deaths at every round of traps.
    Mob spamming of stuns wasn't much fun either.

Saw more LFMs for Temple of Deathwyrm on Norm than LFMS for any of the 3BC .. abd this on the first day... so I suspect 3BC will fade into oblivion fairly quickly.

Dev's really need to spend some time balancing saves especially with intended changes to Divine grace.. the only reason to splash 2 paladin....
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    This is becoming the common workaround.

Trap damage saves are stupid high. These save levels are not in line with the levels of the quests.

After running the chain once on EE, I have no interest in running again. ever..

and that is just sad. The quests themselves I enjoyed, other than the constant deaths at every round of traps.
    Mob spamming of stuns wasn't much fun either.

Saw more LFMs for Temple of Deathwyrm on Norm than LFMS for any of the 3BC .. abd this on the first day... so I suspect 3BC will fade into oblivion fairly quickly.

Dev's really need to spend some time balancing saves especially with intended changes to Divine grace.. the only reason to splash 2 paladin....
    Yeah, I think the saves are a bit too high too. But since my barb has crappy reflexes, it was the only way for me. I think I had around 6-7 deaths in there soloing with hire on EH.
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

No need to go from one extreme (too easy) to another (unfeasible)... Got what they deserve? That would show much immaturity from the designers, which I doubt (actually there's another "immaturity" in sight, but it's another story regarding crafting, bags, the lack of will to correct severe issues, instead of breaking those we payed for without showing much care about these issues, and business obligations towards paying clients who don't get what they were promised to get : I bought with real money crafting stuff, but now they say that it's not in their priorities to repair what they "willingly" broke yesterday and for which I have paid).
    Last edited by HawkFest; 06-11-2014 at 11:54 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

They also might want to design quests without the assumption that we're all running powerbuilds with saves through the roof, at least for EN and EH. I'm more than fine with traps if they can manage to fix the ****poor trapping abilities of epic hires. Iessin is a total joke. GH isn't usually enough to get a warning that he's spotting traps on EH Gianthold. That's really bad.
    Ferial *Halek *Shankwelle on Argonnessen
    Officer of The Order of the Emerald Claw

Even while all the traps can be avoided as far as I've seen, some of them are pretty stupid. The spiky ones in the elevator hit me for over 1200 on a failed save and the fire trap at the lever hit me for almost 700 with fire shield on.

Edit:
    E3BC is not for regular players.
    Come on...
    Prove your worth and the new quest may be painful but the epic chain is still much easier than say, Storm Horns, or even Gianthold.
    Last edited by Minrothad; 06-11-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast