Default Next Please: Spell Resistance Pass

I think it would be time to review Spell Resistance, with the current options this layer of defense does not scale well at all. The Monster CRs scale really steeply in order for it to take effect - often at all.

Exception is the Monk who is running in Grandmaster of Flowers, it doest stop a few spells. Although it really only matters if you are targeted with no save spells on a Monk.

I believe the bases could be scaled up further.

<(26) heroics
    30 - lvl20
    33 - lvl22
    36 - lvl24
    39 - lvl26
    42 - lvl28
    45 - lvl30

I do not think it would be horribly overpowered to get access to new sources:
    Adding in a few stacking sources would help this defense stay viable for the rest of the game.

+ exceptional bonus +2
    + insightful 2-4-6
    + 1 luck bonus
    very rarely +1-3 profane bonuses

Classes helped mostly: Pure Barbarians, Fighters, Rangers, Rogues.

The defender "themed" trees also need more loving vs spell attacks, they shouldnt be 95% about blocking physical damage where the real threat has always been offensive magic.

Community Member

I agree in general that SR needs to be some sort of factor on races/classes known for it, but another exception is barbarian occult slayer mind over magic, sucks it takes 20 lvls of barb and so few use it.

Community Member

Default +1000

Or at least a few more items that have varying levels of spell resistance.
    The only toons I have that have any type of SR are my drow, (of course) and my monk.

I do have a couple of belts I picked up a loooong time ago that have SR on them. But I have not seen any drop in ages.
    And the only item in the AH is a very nice helm that someone keeps posting for far too many shards. It's a great helm, but 900 shards dude? Come on. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Or at least a few more items that have varying levels of spell resistance.
    The only toons I have that have any type of SR are my drow, (of course) and my monk.

I do have a couple of belts I picked up a loooong time ago that have SR on them. But I have not seen any drop in ages.
    And the only item in the AH is a very nice helm that someone keeps posting for far too many shards. It's a great helm, but 900 shards dude? Come on. LOL
    The tricky part about that helmet is to find 2 people flagged, willing to help you loot it . For a TR pure barb or fighter that is quite the value, even if it just blocks a few enervations while soloing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    The tricky part about that helmet is to find 2 people flagged, willing to help you loot it . For a TR pure barb or fighter that is quite the value, even if it just blocks a few enervations while soloing.
    Yeah, and no one I know runs that chain anymore.

SR has the same problems that for example DR has- it's even worse because it's a binary system, similar to AC (and we all know how big of a problem that is). It's impossible to balance across the current (epic) levels and the HD's of the monsters there. As it seems, we will be getting a new system called MRR and I think SR should simply be rolled into that stat somehow as they both represent the same basic concept.
    The best days are the days you don't have to wear socks or shoes.

Personally I think they need to examine the "Caster Level" of Mobs especially in epic content - I'm not against them having additional bonuses such as the feats/gear but SR available should provide 20%+ protection against the HIGHEST caster level

Community Member

Nerve Venom, or any other ED ability doesn't care about spell resistance, why should you? It's not like this is D&D anymore. It's a **** tier MMO that has dumped the mechanics that made it good and unique for a badly done finger painting of every other MMO's mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    It's a **** tier MMO that has dumped the mechanics that made it good[...]
    Oh yeah, sure. Please name one. I boggles my mind that people still don't understand that d20 in itself is utterly inept in terms of handling higher static modifiers. That becomes apparent in the pnp version later on (something like level 16+) and even more so in DDO which accelerated the power creep to a point where it simply can't work anymore.
    The best days are the days you don't have to wear socks or shoes.