Thread: FS question

Default FS question

Is a caster/healer type FS a viable option for epic content or will it be hard to overcome the DC's?

I'm on a 3rd life pure FS and both previous lives I was more the melee/healer with the US destiny and wanted to try out the caster/healer type. I have 2 of the 3 divine destinies maxed and half way through the new one so I have options with the ED's. I'd rather stay pure and not multi-class. I'm only 9 levels into the 3rd life but don't want to continue the caster/healer if it's going to be useless in epic content. Any feedback is appreciated.

Community Member

What epic difficulty? EH and below, it doesn't really matter (though the saves in Gianthold, I've noticed, are way higher than the quest levels might indicate).

My cleric is pure with Necro DCs in the low 60s (Evoc/Enchant are significantly below) and does OK in easier EE content (Carnival, Fens, etc). FvS would be slightly different in your case because you can't fit in the cheap Necrotic Ray/Enervation for debuffs, though you do have Energy Drain if needed. The Soundburst SLA from Exalted Angel should have a fairly high DC if you're a caster-type, and you'll always have the Light nuke from that ED available as well.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

I was thinking EE and even EH. I was planning on taking Maximize, quicken (for heals), and heighten plus the spell pens. I was also going to use EA for the SLA's (the only ones a Soul really gets) with some twists in US and the new destiny (sorry, can't remember the name).

I just trying to figure out if I'm going to end up having to LR around lvl 25 because the CC type spells (soundburst SLA, greater command) can't beat DC's.