Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

That was fast. Epic fast! I can't wait to hit those quests!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    When legacy ship buffs are discontinued, will the 5% XP Shrine be ONLY available for 1510 astral shards or will it be available for plat?

Are AS even dropping in game beyond the very rare DD roll?

Will ALL amenities be sold for plat?

We have been able to buy amenities for plat up until now, and when they are discontinued, why charge real money for them when there is no reasonable way to earn them in game?

Will there be a ship trade in, like we have had prior to U22, where we can sell back our ship for discount on the upgrade or new ship?

Will the Upgraded ships be ONLY available for AS?
    Legacy buffs will be available until the new AS ones are dropping in chests.

Astral Diamonds still drop in game.

Not all amenities will be plat. Some combo ones and convenience ones will be AS.

Amenities that you have had will be available for use in the cargo hold until they stop selling them. The plat new amenities will do the same as the old ones and then some. The resists won't be 30, however they will stack with spells/pots, etc, where old ones didn't. So I don't see the real money argument.

Your current ship will convert to a new version of the same kind/size. Upgrades will be the same if you have a plat ship, no discount since you already have a ship with extra hooks.

There will be deluxe versions. All the deluxe ships are AS only. They have some more hookpoints, and the highest grade should have enough for every large amenity, however, the larges are mainly convenience items.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Just a few questions:

+ Have the reported bugs from Lamaland been fixed? Especially with the defunct 2nd tier (Typhoon?) AS ship and the nonworking tavern area effects on the ship?
    + What will be the correct prices now for the new guild ship amenities - is there any list or do you just put in the Lamaland prices?

Thank you for info.
    I think the ships are fixed, however what do you mean defunct. Also last time I checked tavern stuff did work, and there was a known issue where you had to zone in and out of the top deck if you used the buff bar to get the banquet buff.

So I have one afternoon to enjoy my Archer? Well at least I made it there this time .

What are the odds of everything in guild chests getting lost? Should I take everything out, or..?
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I am not excited. [...] I feel they're rushing it and Guild changes and it all needs more polishing.
    I get the same feeling, but nothing to be done about it. Let's enjoy the fancy new stuff that are working, the sagas coming back. And let's hope patch 1 is coming soon to fix the rest...

I hope the update this week already includes the fix to permissions to buy the new airship amenities. Already bug reported it this weekend but on lammania only the guild leader can BUY the new airship amenities and it's summer time and some guild leaders might be on vacation... Could be very disappointing for some guilds if they are not able to buy the new shrines for some weeks.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiponic View Post
    I been hearing around the lobster bar of a +20 heart for toon's... *Crosses toe's*
    It'd be awesome if this was true, but can't see it happening again tbh, one new enhancement line is pretty different to a change to the entire enhancement system after all. Still, would be great if they were at least made available in the store, probably would end up being about 1995 TP at a guesstimate.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Will the Upgraded ships be ONLY available for AS?
    As of today on Lam, there are 3 new plat ships that are unlocked at 100, 130 and 150. They are plat only - no AS.

There are 3 new AS ships that can only be upgraded from the Stormglory Typhon sequentially. These are labled as guild levels 100, 130 and 150, but there is no min guild level to upgrade. So a level 55 guild that has the existing level 55 AS guild ship can by the typhoon followed by the new AS 100, 130 and 150 ships regardless of guild level. The only requirement is having the prior AS ship to upgrade.

There is no way on Lam to upgrade from a plat ship to an AS ship. There are no discounts, but the prices are lower than the old prices.

Typhoon is now 1000 AS vs. 2000 to upgrade from the plat ship and vs. over 3000 to buy outright @ level 85. The level 100, 130 and 150 AS ships are 1k, 2k and 3k AS (6k total to upgrade form typhoon), but the last upgrade is completely unnecessary as you will have unused hookpoints. Getting the top plat ship gives you everything that is currently available. Presumably there will be more in the future, but that hasn't been discussed.
    \
    I don't believe the AS ships will ever be available for plat or ever drop in loot. It's like the old system with a different upgrade mechanic.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Will Sting of the Ninja be fixed for shuriken?

Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Will Sting of the Ninja be fixed for shuriken?

Geoff.
    Great question. There are many ninja ready to send the pirates back to the briny deep they came from.

I relish the thought of sabotaging their ships.

And don't get me started on the Epic "Storming the Beaches" gone Normandy-landing terror. Looking very forward to it all.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Not to be a downer but all I'll say is don't plan on taking time off this week or next to play DDO. My guess is we'll see the update take longer than planned, and a good chance of something getting broken that will cause the servers to be taken down again once or twice with little notice.

Otherwise.... Three cheers for our bonny good devs. Arrrgh!

Community Member

We have been able to buy amenities for plat up until now, and when they are discontinued, why charge real money for them when there is no reasonable way to earn them in game?
    as far as i understood the preview stuff, there will be common amenities for plat like today, and rarer ones for AS/TP
    those for AS/TP also drop on saga reward lists

no warranty! i've read this like a month ago, but they put the new ships in relation with sagas at some point

Edit:
    i have a question myself: is there going to be a spirit binder on the airship?? its what i wish for since i joined a guild!
    Last edited by Lanadazia; 06-10-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Hey remember the update that removed all walls in quests?

Zoning in made all mobs in dungeon aggro on you all at once...they could shoot through walls and floors but you couldn't. It was an awesome experience to run everything at instant red alert.

Maybe this "wonderful" update to guild buffs will also bring back that "wonderful" experience. You never know what will happen when they start tinkering.

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

Default A picture is worth a thousand words.

Hmmm, I don't think that I could properly express how I feel about this, so I'll use Phaeshalee to say it for me.

*sketches up a doodle*

Yes Phae, that just about says how I feel... zomg, zomg, yes yes yes.
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Typhoon is now 1000 AS vs. 2000 to upgrade from the plat ship and vs. over 3000 to buy outright @ level 85. The level 100, 130 and 150 AS ships are 1k, 2k and 3k AS (6k total to upgrade form typhoon), but the last upgrade is completely unnecessary as you will have unused hookpoints. Getting the top plat ship gives you everything that is currently available. Presumably there will be more in the future, but that hasn't been discussed.
    This is not entirely true. Guild Vaults are not currently available on Lamannia but Guild Vaults I to V (at Guild Level 150) should be available with Update 22 or later. In order to have every small hook and large hook amenity available (including Guild Vault), 23 small hooks and 6 large hooks are necessary. The largest plat ship in the Volant series has 22 small hooks and 5 (?) large hooks. The largest shard ship, the Daedalean Kraken, is required in order to have 23 small hooks and 6 large hooks out of its 26 small hooks and 7 large hooks. So there are wasted hooks for higher level guilds that can consolidate buffs with the large amenities with the Daedalean Kraken but this ship is still necessary for all of the buffs, even at Guild Level 150.
    Last edited by The_Human_Cypher; 06-10-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post
    Hmmm, I don't think that I could properly express how I feel about this, so I'll use Phaeshalee to say it for me.

*sketches up a doodle*

I...I think I just leveled.

Nice art as always, Lu.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Thumbs up Who needs words?

Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post

*sketches up a doodle*

Awesome drawing!

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    I...I think I just leveled.

Nice art as always, Lu.
    I really hope that was dirty innuendo. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Awesome drawing!
    Thanks, it's more of a scribble. lol

And, it really does better express how I feel about this update tomorrow. lol I'm such a girl, I'm too excited about getting a bigger ship and putting stuff in it to play around with. XD
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Yeah would love a 20 heart to so can twist in some new swashy bard.
    Soulsavour 28 cleric completionist/epic completionist, Soundofthe Melodymaster 20 lock completionist/triple epic completionist (working on triple normal completionist), Holypoo 28 pally epic completionist, Edgeofshadows 28 rogue

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast