Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Necro 4

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default Epic Necro 4

Dev post from the "Armor and Mitigation Changes" thread -

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We will definitely need to address the lack of good small shields in future content. I know we plan to have small shields and bucklers in the loot for the epic version of Orchard which would be released at the same time as these changes.

Sev~
    Looks like necro 4 will be the next pack to be epic'd. Thoughts?

Personally I hope this dev doesn't get too much flack from his boss for this comment, if it is indeed true.

Honestly I was hoping for either Amrath or Vale, but necro 4 is a very good choice for epic content. I hope they update the loot in the Abbot raid.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

He never said it was the next pack to get epiced. He just said the changes wouldn't be ready until it was.

For all we know it could be a year away still.

I would have prefered a pack without even more undead, but if it means another high level epic raid....

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Dev post from the "Armor and Mitigation Changes" thread -

Looks like necro 4 will be the next pack to be epic'd. Thoughts?

Personally I hope this dev doesn't get too much flack from his boss for this comment, if it is indeed true.

Honestly I was hoping for either Amrath or Vale, but necro 4 is a very good choice for epic content. I hope they update the loot in the Abbot raid.
    I was kind of hoping for some brand new stuff, but I guess at this point we should just be grateful for anything.

Community Member

If they did Vale, they'd have to figure out how to do Epic Greensteel, and that'd be a whooooole can o' worms to get into.

I like Orchard, I'd look forward especially to the Adventure Zone on Epic level. Having Litany back on the daily quest list. And some actual useful items to grind Shields and Tomes for. Also, hopefully they tweak the end of Fleshmaker so its soloable, at least on Heroic

But I shudder to think of trying to complete Ghosts on EE...yeesh...

Community Member

This is extremely exciting for me, enough to keep my interested in the game. The abbot raid is my absolute favorite raid and I love the necro 4 area. I hope they stick to the loot that is already there and upgrade it just like fot(probably with a new updated raid as well as fot did for gh), abbot had some of the absolute best loot in the game at level 20 cap and I even still people use the litany, viles, quiver, embers, and diadem at level 28. Since I assume the raid is gonna be for level 30 endgame I am pretty excited.

Please don't mess up the epic equivalent of Abbot. It needs to be at least as awesome as Abbot.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Since the cat's out of the bag . . . spill baby spill!

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    He never said it was the next pack to get epiced. He just said the changes wouldn't be ready until it was.

For all we know it could be a year away still.

I would have prefered a pack without even more undead, but if it means another high level epic raid....
    True, but I think it's a safe bet that they aren't working on epicfying two packs at the same time.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Not a fan, but not complaining.
    This is how I feel.

Atleast we should be getting another Epic raid. Unless they only epic the chain quests which would be a huge disappointment.

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

My opinion is to epic Amarath next. That series/ToD raid has been dead for quite some time, and a new Spark in ToD with an update to rings would be really cool. A lot of cool clickies in the series as well, including jump, GH, and invis. But nobody runs it anymore, and the ToD raid is super fun!

The vale quests and Shroud I would leave alone. It still has it's place and greensteel is still relevent for toons which TR a lot. The content is still run, so I wouldn't touch it. Even though there are lots that would love to see epic greensteel, I personally don't think it should be a priority because the content is still run.

But this thread is about epic Necro 4, and I won't complain about that at all. The orchard is an erie and cool place to run around in, and to make this area epic would be cool. I would hope that the devs don't touch the abbot raid, but perhaps create a new one based on it. And I only really hope this because it took 7 flaming years (pun intended) to get this raid working properly, as it finally is today.

So if the cat is in fact out of the back on epic necro 4, well then that's just a cool cat

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

I don't mind epicizing content. We do need NEW content though. I feel like getting a +5 tome from total favor is equivalent to getting Artificer from House C favor. Maybe separate heroic and epic quest's favor?
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

I just hope there wont be stupid sigil flagging.

So much for skipping heroic quests to keep first time bonus when you run them on epic. Good thing xp is easy to get in epics.

Too soon to really talk about this unless enough people are going to voice their displeasure to get the devs to scrap the plans before it begins.

With that said, I was really hoping for epic Amrath but epic Abbot sounds fun. Just don't make it like another epic GH.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Yeah, and everyone wonders why aren't they making money.

Its going to be next free content for those who bough it, which is lots of people.

3bc maybe had some sensce, because a lot of people didn't bothered with buying it, but one of most popular packs in game won't give them much money.

They they'll have to introduce more pokemons or tomes or bladeforgs or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Forget Epic Necro 4

Give us Epic Necro 1-4 now that would be exciting.

Idk about necro 1, it is pretty dull and simple compared to rest of necro.

Hero

More undead. Again. But vampires with 750k HP's this time. Hey, I guess it's what we get for complaining the Hunter Slayer sucked huh?

Give us something new, something we haven't seen before for the next 3-4 packs. This rehashing is going to get old fast.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    More undead. Again. But vampires with 750k HP's this time. Hey, I guess it's what we get for complaining the Hunter Slayer sucked huh?
    With all those undeads, paladins won't feel as worthless as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Idk about necro 1, it is pretty dull and simple compared to rest of necro.
    Agreed still they could be tweaked.

While Necro 4 is one of my favorites and I would love to see it epic it only has 4 quest & 1 raid.

Necro 1-4 would be 22 quests & 1 raid (if my count is not off)

they could be spread across the levels
    necro 1 LVL 23
    necro 2 LVL 25
    necro 3 LVL 27
    necro 4 LVL 29
    Litany & Abott LVL 30
    And made into a saga

We need more epic quests
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 06-09-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast