Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. #21
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I think you failed to read what I was asking for.

    I am asking not to reset completion counters which is completely different than favor.

    Favor should reset..every life should have to reflag and rerun the quests... that is expected.

    All I was asking to remain was the completions counters..

    you know... when you do /completions or /raid completions... the part that accululatesd for 20th incremental rewards....
    Nope, I read it and understood it perfectly, and in fact, stated in my post that if this is how they solve the problem, people will not be able to farm points.

    Favor is based on completions, as is flagging, and the counter. Do they have a way to reset one without resetting the other(s)? Its possible they do, but if they dont, this has the potential to interfere with other game mechanics.
    Last edited by Chai; 06-18-2014 at 02:36 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nope, I read it and understood it perfectly, and in fact, stated in my post that if this is how they solve the problem, people will not be able to farm points.
    Unless you have specific developer knowledge (and please enlighten us if you do), the favor/flagging/quest system seems completely independent from the raid completions system... Would you not be in favor of this change assuming Turbine could do it where it would not affect current TR'ing in any other way (flagging, favor, etc.)?

  3. #23
    Community Member Psiandron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'm right here.
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    This supposes that sitting in one level range and running a raid nonstop is more of an accomplishment than running the raid over many lives. I don't think that's true.
    And, I respectfully disagree.
    If there is no sacrifice involved, I think that that diminishes any accomplishment. It has always been something of a sacrifice to run a raid 20 times or more in one life, as you could always TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Im making sure folks understand what they are asking for, and what they will lose if it happens.

    There are plenty of folks who do farm points. There are even threads talking about the best builds to do so, and order to run quests in. People who have TRd alot over the years and dont fall into the trap of impulse spending ended up with alot of points accumulated over that period of time.

    Saying there is literally no downside to this suggestion, is incorrect, for a significant portion of the player population.

    Wouldnt surprise me if they just sold the flags in the store. Get into von 5-6 without having to run 1-4, 395 Tp.
    I buy TP so I don't care about earning TP when doing favor. What would be nice is give us the OPTION of not to reset favor. Not easy to get EE CITW etc done and I like the favor completions. I was going to complete all the quest I could but if they release a new class lose everything to earn back completionist.

  5. #25
    Hero Cardoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    ...

    Favor is based on completions, as is flagging, and the counter. Do they have a way to reset one without resetting the other(s)? Its possible they do, but if they dont, this has the potential to interfere with other game mechanics.
    I am guessing that favor is based on difficulty and independent from completion count. The reason I think that is the N/H/E mechanic.

    We also already know that every quest that can be ransacked keeps a counter, but we have things like challenges that cannot be ransacked (completion count seemingly not used) - yet provide favor.

    Your point is still well taken if indeed favor and difficulty cannot reset to 0 without also setting completion count. I am after all only guessing.

  6. #26
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindraxx View Post
    Unless you have specific developer knowledge (and please enlighten us if you do), the favor/flagging/quest system seems completely independent from the raid completions system... Would you not be in favor of this change assuming Turbine could do it where it would not affect current TR'ing in any other way (flagging, favor, etc.)?
    There was a time when we could not get into von 5, and the entire flagging mechanism was broke at the same time. Turbine changed the entire flagging mechanism and everyone had to re-flag to get in. When this happened, counters were reset. Are they tethered together to the point where a decision made regarding one detail has to affect all? I dont know, but there s past evidence that suggests that messing with one affects the other.
    Last edited by Chai; 06-18-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  7. #27
    Hero Cardoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout_Zero View Post
    I buy TP so I don't care about earning TP when doing favor. What would be nice is give us the OPTION of not to reset favor. Not easy to get EE CITW etc done and I like the favor completions. I was going to complete all the quest I could but if they release a new class lose everything to earn back completionist.
    You might have a new DDO store idea. A true heart of wood that retains favor on TR.

  8. #28
    Community Member Xezrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    348

    Default

    /signed and this may actually help sell more hearts/ raid bypass timers.
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

  9. #29
    Community Member Psiandron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'm right here.
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xezrak View Post
    /signed and this may actually help sell more hearts/ raid bypass timers.
    Don't see a lot of impact on heart sales myself. I understand where you're coming from, I just doubt the impact.

    As to timers, I's say that this would mean just the opposite. The whole point of timers is to get completions in a hurry; whereas this would allow you to reap the benefit while working on other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

  10. #30
    Community Member redoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    And, I respectfully disagree.
    If there is no sacrifice involved, I think that that diminishes any accomplishment. It has always been something of a sacrifice to run a raid 20 times or more in one life, as you could always TR.
    Before TR even existed, people were running the titan 120 times on one character (I've heard over 200 in some cases) to get the chattering ring... which is now junk.

    While it is true that sitting at cap trying to run a raid that no one seems to want to run (CITW) to get to 20 completions IS a sacrifice; that sacrifice is that I do nothing else for a week or two while I get the rest of the runs on the weekends only (because there are not enough people on my server to fill an unpopular raid.) I think it is one that is not needed. Letting someone like me run it a couple of times a life instead of 20 in one life seems reasonable (to me.)
    /sigh

  11. #31
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire Toxic Fringe Zone
    Posts
    4,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    There was a time when we could not get into von 5, and the entire flagging mechanism was broke at the same time. Turbine changed the entire flagging mechanism and everyone had to re-flag to get in. When this happened, counters were reset. Are they tethered together to the point where a decision made regarding one detail has to affect all? I dont know, but there s past evidence that suggests that messing with one affects the other.
    But IF it could be done without those kinds of effects, Chai - would you be in favour then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

  12. #32
    Community Member Alistina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Planet far far away
    Posts
    175

    Default

    /signed (As long as the favor is still reset upon TR)

    However, as far as I understand, completion timer mechanism is what keeps a track of both your raid as well as quest completions. If they were to implement this, it will count your quest completions as well, which will not allow you to run on BB and get 1st time bonuses on a each fresh TRd life. To change this, they will have to move around a lot of stuff on the coding end to separate raid completions from quest completions (You would prob still not get BB for raids on TR but I don't mind it personally), and if they touch the completions part of the code, they might(will, more like) just seriously screw the whole game (Remember the favor/completion counters post eGH update?).

  13. #33
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    But IF it could be done without those kinds of effects, Chai - would you be in favour then?
    If it is just raid counters, and IF it doesnt take an amount of resources that would cause them to put out a 2 quest update rather than a full pack update, then fine.

    There is incentive for them not to do this however. THey sell timer bypass specifically so that people can complete raids more quickly if they want. Getting to a multiple of 20 before TRing is part of the incentive.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  14. #34
    Community Member goodspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I'm just outside that door to your left.
    Posts
    3,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    /signed (As long as the favor is still reset upon TR)

    However, as far as I understand, completion timer mechanism is what keeps a track of both your raid as well as quest completions. If they were to implement this, it will count your quest completions as well, which will not allow you to run on BB and get 1st time bonuses on a each fresh TRd life. To change this, they will have to move around a lot of stuff on the coding end to separate raid completions from quest completions (You would prob still not get BB for raids on TR but I don't mind it personally), and if they touch the completions part of the code, they might(will, more like) just seriously screw the whole game (Remember the favor/completion counters post eGH update?).
    I think we get to much favor. Lets decrease it all across the board and move raid completions to 40 for a list followed by tightening the machine on loot payout. And then nerf everything that come out including named items and then create 5 pieces that you need to collect to make them epicly awesome again.

    MWahahaha.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Totally agree with the OP.

    It makes even more sense right now giving the current state of the game (Heavily TR oriented).
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  16. #36
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnessaja View Post
    I don't farm points. If I need something from the store, I buy it, as it was intended.

    The only reason they allow people to 'farm points' in the manner you're talking about in the first place, is because it takes such a ridiculously long time to get anything of substance.

    And the reason they give you free points in the first place? To make you want to buy points.
    Not everyone buys points so your point is kind of elitist! I do buy points myself but some grind rather hard for theirs

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  17. #37
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I think you failed to read what I was asking for.

    I am asking not to reset completion counters which is completely different than favor.

    Favor should reset..every life should have to reflag and rerun the quests... that is expected.

    All I was asking to remain was the completions counters..

    you know... when you do /completions or /raid completions... the part that accululatesd for 20th incremental rewards....
    Those all could be tied together we don't have enough information to know. I am against this idea by the way but not strongly.

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Great suggestion by OP!

    I have a fighter that I want to tr but have not because I do not want to lose 12 shroud completions.

  19. #39
    Community Member Raist1280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Campbell, CA, USA
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nope, I read it and understood it perfectly, and in fact, stated in my post that if this is how they solve the problem, people will not be able to farm points.

    Favor is based on completions, as is flagging, and the counter. Do they have a way to reset one without resetting the other(s)? Its possible they do, but if they dont, this has the potential to interfere with other game mechanics.
    Solid point. Its entirely possible that favor and completions are linked, but if favor is based on completions, and not the other way around then resetting favor wouldn't impact the completion counters, resetting the completion counters would, however, impact the favor... It all depends on how the magic works behind the scenes, it might be as easy as resetting the favor rather than using a reset to the completions to blank out the favor. *shrug* just one of many possibilities....
    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    "Half the party was vomit sprinklers, then the boss rolled in."!
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I guess that does give new meaning to the term "spawn point."
    Orien Toons: Rahzza TR2 Cleric/25 | Tanytha TR3 Cleric/2 | Khayel TR2 Rogue/25 | Lucindah TR2 Fighter/17

  20. #40
    Community Member Whitehairguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    There is incentive for them not to do this however. THey sell timer bypass specifically so that people can complete raids more quickly if they want. Getting to a multiple of 20 before TRing is part of the incentive.


    If raid timers were making any money, I don't think they would've given them away by the millions via the card event thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload