Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Default Archmage Enhancements: Illusuion III (Displacement) - working as intended?

    Hi all,

    I did a quick search but couldn't find any info on this.

    I have Illusion III (Displacement) as one of my Archmage enhancements, however it doesn't seem to work as the description states. It is listed as 'Self, Friend' just like the spell, but every time I try cast it on someone else, it only hits my character (acting like self only).

    Is this a bug? Is it working as intended and the description is wrong? Anyone know?

    Thanks for any help!
    Eliminate 'ninja' looting from DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=243939
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403747
    Player made quests can work in DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352498

  2. #2
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    5,767

    Default

    The Displacement spell was nerfed a while back to be self-only. I assume the SLA working the same as the spell is probably as intended.

    I'm not surprised if they missed fixing the description, but that's probably all it is: an incorrect description.

  3. #3
    Community Member TheGuyYouKnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    374

    Default

    one would hope specializing in illusion would give the ability to cast displacement on others but currently the only way to give out displacement is with the greater dragonmark of shadow. whether its wai or not, i dunno.
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

  4. #4
    Community Member Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    flying underneath
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyYouKnow View Post
    one would hope specializing in illusion would give the ability to cast displacement on others but currently the only way to give out displacement is with the greater dragonmark of shadow. whether its wai or not, i dunno.
    I can only target myself with the greater dragonmark of shadow.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I can only target myself with the greater dragonmark of shadow.
    Same here. I used to be able to target others, but the enhancement system redo fixed/nerfed that.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    The Displacement spell was nerfed a while back to be self-only. I assume the SLA working the same as the spell is probably as intended.

    I'm not surprised if they missed fixing the description, but that's probably all it is: an incorrect description.
    Bummer.

    Came back after a break from the game; sad to hear this and the spell are now self only.

    Thanks for the info everyone.
    Eliminate 'ninja' looting from DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=243939
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=403747
    Player made quests can work in DDO:http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352498

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload