Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Community Member

Just to say to all out there, I'm currently testing this build out and its great, level 5 atm very fun to play, and very tanky, surprisingly so

just TR'd from an arti/fighter/monk, that had insane single target DPS throughout 1-20 but it lacked aoe and was not as fun as this.

Will update the more i progress from 5

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oddler View Post
    Just to say to all out there, I'm currently testing this build out and its great, level 5 atm very fun to play, and very tanky, surprisingly so

just TR'd from an arti/fighter/monk, that had insane single target DPS throughout 1-20 but it lacked aoe and was not as fun as this.

Will update the more i progress from 5
    Just TRd from this build after following it, was very strong especially 16+ with that great CC, would recommend for any first time bards out there

Community Member

Is it completely based on the novel - The Count of Monte Cristo? How much does it cover the adventure and places of this novel as listed in Wikitour - regarding The Count of Monte Cristo? I want to enjoy the game if this is the case!

Community Member

I'm a new player currently playing a first life halfling bard based off of this build and am currently level 10. I have a few questions.

1. What weapon should I be using against oozes and/or skeles?
    2. What gear should I be trying to get at level 10?
    3. What can I do to increase my survivability? The thing that kills me most other than traps are stray lightning bolts/fireballs and spells in general.
    4. Where should I be putting my enhancement points after getting all of the swashbuckler enhancements up to tier 4? I can't get any more of the enhancements in the build because they require level 12. I put 7 enhancement points into spellsinger to max out the two tier 1 spellsinger enhancements.
    5. When will treasure cove return?

Thanks in advance. I've been really enjoying the build so far and this thread is incredibly helpful.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by valle36 View Post
    is this build stil available for ravenloft content ?
    what changes would you make for adapting to it instead ?
    ty
    anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by loreleigh View Post
    anyone have any ideas?
    Monte Cristo build? I see no reason why it would not work. In fact, i think its more stronger now when u have 2 more lvls and legendary feats etc.... (Scion of the Feywild is very good with this build).

++Xan
    Last edited by Xandez; 06-03-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by loreleigh View Post
    anyone have any ideas?
    Some things to consider (that have changed since the initial build):

1. Coup de Grace is much less tempting on a melee build. Being able to kill a single target every 15 seconds is nice and all, but not really worth committing your T5 to when you need to take so many weak enhancements just to get there.

2. Hit is considerably more important now than it was then. The build loses damage by not paying much attention to hit chance.

3. Vistani. Compared a build that uses Vistani, the Count is going to deal substantially less damage.

4. Charm. Reaper has made Charm abilities significantly more powerful than they were in the Count's day.

5. Destinies. Fatesinger and Shadowdancer (amongst others got a significant boost).

Many of these issues are ones that you can simply discover for yourself. If you start playing the build, you'll be locked into race, stat distribution, skill choices, class mix and feat choices. Most of those 'irreversible' (some are more irreversible than others) decisions made by the build will leave you with a solid foundation.

Issues like enhancements, destiny, twists and even spell selection can be easily be modified as you go along - and that's where most of the criticism of the build would rest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    Some things to consider (that have changed since the initial build):

1. Coup de Grace is much less tempting on a melee build. Being able to kill a single target every 15 seconds is nice and all, but not really worth committing your T5 to when you need to take so many weak enhancements just to get there.

2. Hit is considerably more important now than it was then. The build loses damage by not paying much attention to hit chance.

3. Vistani. Compared a build that uses Vistani, the Count is going to deal substantially less damage.

4. Charm. Reaper has made Charm abilities significantly more powerful than they were in the Count's day.

5. Destinies. Fatesinger and Shadowdancer (amongst others got a significant boost).

Many of these issues are ones that you can simply discover for yourself. If you start playing the build, you'll be locked into race, stat distribution, skill choices, class mix and feat choices. Most of those 'irreversible' (some are more irreversible than others) decisions made by the build will leave you with a solid foundation.

Issues like enhancements, destiny, twists and even spell selection can be easily be modified as you go along - and that's where most of the criticism of the build would rest.
    Considering these changes, what would you change/replace in the build to make it work better ?

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728