Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council Kwyjibo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Why release content if you didnt finish it?
    Seems pretty stupid to me, or you think we are stupid and dont get what you are doing?
    When was the last time they released anything "completed"?
    Jibo-Argo/Ascent, Thelanis/TES, Mournlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    No challenge, no fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kwyjibo View Post
    When was the last time they released anything "completed"?
    The
    It's definitely an N-word.

Amenities not dropping in chests until patch is a bug, not a conspiracy theory.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Cordovan, can you please also comment about the AS prices? Are they going live as we see them now on Lama? Don't you think they are "a bit" too high?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    Seriously you believe this?

No if they don't drop in chests for 2 months then there are many whales in the game who will buy all the amenities. It will be a great quarter for DDO store sales and I bet that is the thought for them conveniently not dropping in chests.....until when update 23? update 24?
    Not like it would matter anyway, drop rates will probably be so low that it will probably share the same reward zone as the Epic hearts of wood that are supposed to randomly drop in chests.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Then how about dropping costs of the ship buffs until you fix your bug in the patch?

To be fair, I posted those prices because they happened to be different from several other updates I've looked at, but I haven't seen any dev confirm that they are the prices that are going live. I do believe, however, that they are the current planned prices, but there's still room for adjustments based on the feedback received from the player base. I do agree that some of them are definitely too pricey, such as the xp shrine, the Grand Reliquary, pretty much any amenity around the 150 AS mark, as well as the separate upgradeable elemental resist shrines that range from 50k for tier one to 700k for tier four, which honestly doesn't make sense to me. The prices don't seem to be balanced yet, so I'm really hoping some of them will change.

Lets make a compromise then, cut the prices for AS amenities in half until you fix this bug.
    Lets see now if it is a conspiracy theory, I bet you wont do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosedarkthorn View Post
    To be fair, I posted those prices because they happened to be different from several other updates I've looked at, but I haven't seen any dev confirm that they are the prices that are going live. I do believe, however, that they are the current planned prices, but there's still room for adjustments based on the feedback received from the player base. I do agree that some of them are definitely too pricey, such as the xp shrine, the Grand Reliquary, pretty much any amenity around the 150 AS mark, as well as the separate upgradeable elemental resist shrines that range from 50k for tier one to 700k for tier four, which honestly doesn't make sense to me. The prices don't seem to be balanced yet, so I'm really hoping some of them will change.
    Pp prices are fine, you will only buy them once, its much cheaper than the old buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Pp prices are fine, you will only buy them once, its much cheaper than the old buffs.
    I'm sure most people will think that. However, I'm not one of the players that has millions of plat stored away on all my characters. My guild has three active people in it and not even my husband has that much plat on him, despite the fact that he probably has a mil or more (which will be needed for al lthe other buffs we'll want to purchase). So, in my opinion, 700k for one upgrade is absolutely ridiculous and over a million plat for a fully upgraded buff is ludicrous. I've had that amount of plat twice in my four years of playing DDO. No, I am actually not kidding about that. It's not going to be easy for myself and my husband to afford that type of cost. It won't matter right away though, considering we're only level 63 almost 64 yet, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    Cordovan, can you please also comment about the AS prices? Are they going live as we see them now on Lama? Don't you think they are "a bit" too high?

Thanks
    anyone else think that they should lower ethe prices of the as ameneties least till they get them dropping in chests?
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by rosedarkthorn View Post
    I'm sure most people will think that. However, I'm not one of the players that has millions of plat stored away on all my characters. My guild has three active people in it and not even my husband has that much plat on him, despite the fact that he probably has a mil or more (which will be needed for al lthe other buffs we'll want to purchase). So, in my opinion, 700k for one upgrade is absolutely ridiculous and over a million plat for a fully upgraded buff is ludicrous. I've had that amount of plat twice in my four years of playing DDO. No, I am actually not kidding about that. It's not going to be easy for myself and my husband to afford that type of cost. It won't matter right away though, considering we're only level 63 almost 64 yet, but still.
    Sell ingredients, loot with augment slot, major pots, collectibles, you can earn the pp.
    You can always stock up on old buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    anyone else think that they should lower ethe prices of the as ameneties least till they get them dropping in chests?
    If they don't lower the costs in general, then yes they definitely should do that.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    I think everyone except the to-the-death fans would agree with this.

It may not be a conspiracy theory, but it certainly is a VERY convenient bug for them. And we all know, if the bug is in Turbine's favor, good luck ever seeing a timely fix.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 06-06-2014 at 10:22 AM.

This is the EXP shrine

Shrine of Experience I ----- 95 ASTRAL SHARDS
    Shrine of Experience II ---- 195 ASTRAL SHARDS
    Shrine of Experience III --- 325 ASTRAL SHARDS
    Shrine of Experience IV --- 400 ASTRAL SHARDS
    Shrine of Experience V ---- 495 ASTRAL SHARDS

Total ---------------------- 1510 ASTRAL SHARDS

But someone had the entire list:

If this goes live and I have to pay more than 8,000 TP for a 5% XP shrine (1,000 AS cost 5395 TP, and 500 AS cost 2795 TP) I would at the very least expect that there are no minimum guild level requirements for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    If this goes live and I have to pay more than 8,000 TP for a 5% XP shrine (1,000 AS cost 5395 TP, and 500 AS cost 2795 TP) I would at the very least expect that there are no minimum guild level requirements for it.
    Last I checked, it was Guild Level 60: Shrine of Experience V: +5% experience.

I did not expect you to say otherwise.

However, I, as a player, expect a make-up for this "bug" (still not convinced that this is a bug) like cutting the prices by 50, 40 or even 30% until it is fixed.

Too much of a convenient bug at the right time for you guys. Show me that I'm (we are) wrong about this for once.

Thanks
    I'd expect a "those numbers are placeholders and will mostly likely be changed before hitting live". But yeah, I think those are the real prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post

I'd expect a "those numbers are placeholders and will mostly likely be changed before hitting live". But yeah, I think those are the real prices.
    We all remember 4.2k covs needed for epic heart was placeholder number.

Default Cost of EXP Shrines

Based on the cost of the experience shrine and the costs for individual Sov Exp elixirs, we get the following: (Info is based on ~6TP for 1 AS)

Exp shrine 1 Shard Cost 95 ~= 570 TP or 1.15 Elixirs = 207Hours of play time before shrine is more powerful than an elixir
    Shrine 2 290AS (Combined 1 and 2) ~= 1740 TP or 3.5 Elixirs = 316 Hours of play
    Shrine 3 615AS(Total) ~= 3690 TP = 447Hours
    Shrine 4 1015AS(total) ~= 6090TP = 553.6Hours
    Shrine 5 1510AS(total) ~=9060 TP = 658.9 Hours

So if you are a small guild or a large guild where only a few people contribute good luck.
    If you have a group of people pitching in say 10 people, it can start to become worth while.

This becomes even worse if you buy elixirs in packs of 5 or 25

Community Member

Default Thanks for giving a real perspective for comparison

Quote Originally Posted by rikkitikkitarvi View Post
    Based on the cost of the experience shrine and the costs for individual Sov Exp elixirs, we get the following: (Info is based on ~6TP for 1 AS)

Exp shrine 1 Shard Cost 95 ~= 570 TP or 1.15 Elixirs = 207Hours of play time before shrine is more powerful than an elixir
    Shrine 2 290AS (Combined 1 and 2) ~= 1740 TP or 3.5 Elixirs = 316 Hours of play
    Shrine 3 615AS(Total) ~= 3690 TP = 447Hours
    Shrine 4 1015AS(total) ~= 6090TP = 553.6Hours
    Shrine 5 1510AS(total) ~=9060 TP = 658.9 Hours

So if you are a small guild or a large guild where only a few people contribute good luck.
    If you have a group of people pitching in say 10 people, it can start to become worth while.

This becomes even worse if you buy elixirs in packs of 5 or 25
    Thanks for this sensible perspective on what the XP shrines cost. Looking at it in comparison to something else we can get for our money that offers a much alike reward

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast