Thread: Airship buying

Default Airship buying

I bought the level 150 platinum airship and then decided to buy astral shard ships, now i no longer have access to the platinum ship as it forced my ship to become the last ship i have bought. The new system of having to buy lower tier astral shard ships and upgrading to reach the end can become a problem and lead to gimping an entire guild since this happens. I wish you would put in a system to switch your ship to one you have already bought to prevent this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold_Ranger_Black View Post
    I bought the level 150 platinum airship and then decided to buy astral shard ships, now i no longer have access to the platinum ship as it forced my ship to become the last ship i have bought. The new system of having to buy lower tier astral shard ships and upgrading to reach the end can become a problem and lead to gimping an entire guild since this happens. I wish you would put in a system to switch your ship to one you have already bought to prevent this issue.
    I think this is related to the AS ships not having a minimum guild level anymore.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

the astral shard ships now have to be bought from the first and proceed from there, no more skipping right to the astral shard ship you want. The problem is that the last ship you bought becomes your active ship and you will lose access to ever take any of the ships you have bought before, even if it is the last platinum ship. At this point, only buying your way to the last astral shard ship can you make up for the loss of space that this mistake has made and that is quite a lot of shards and money. This problem can permanently weaken a guild unless it spends actual money to fix it.

When I got on Lamania yesterday I transferred a new toon over, made a fresh guild, leveled it to 200, then went to the airship vendor.

I started by buying the lowest plat ship and then proceeded to buy its astral shard upgrade. I proceeded in this manner all the way up to the top astral shard ship going back and forth between the plat and astral shard ships looking for something to be discounted since that is how it works on live.

Currently on live if you bought the previous ship it gave you a discount on the next tier ship, which would be an astral shard ship. This is no longer the case. There is no way to get any discount to the astral shard prices shown.

This means for my guild to get the top ship we will have to spend 5000 astral shards, buying all the lesser astral shard ships. This makes no sense. If you buy the ships in progression there should be a discount and you should be able to jump straight to the top ship if you want to spend the 3000 astral shards, instead of progressing through the ships to get it at a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold_Ranger_Black View Post
    the astral shard ships now have to be bought from the first and proceed from there, no more skipping right to the astral shard ship you want. The problem is that the last ship you bought becomes your active ship and you will lose access to ever take any of the ships you have bought before, even if it is the last platinum ship. At this point, only buying your way to the last astral shard ship can you make up for the loss of space that this mistake has made and that is quite a lot of shards and money. This problem can permanently weaken a guild unless it spends actual money to fix it.
    This needs fixing and pronto! I know Turbine want to make money out of players which is fine no issues there but for crying out loud Turbine stop trying to shaft us every which way you can.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Default This is going to prevent big guilds from buying AS ships

Many big guilds will be at level 130 or even 150 immediately. Once they buy the 150 level Plat ship it's unlikely they will go back and cycle through AS ships. It only makes sense to have a plat-to-AS upgrade option.

Big guilds already @ 150 will want to upgrade from the 150 plat ship to the 150 AS ship.

Default Air ship buying

There is a thread under lamannia discussion on ship upgrade progression that will go along with the prices to go along with this thread in bug report discussion but for the prices dong it with nothing but as ship and there cost but they have found that out also about getting looked out of the higher plat ship first and then going to the as line and the total price to do it all from the first as to last as ship with the as buffs and we came up with a total of 12570 as to do itso if you could go from the largest plat ship to the largest as ship would reduce the price.
    Last edited by JGHN; 06-08-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Default Air ship buying

What i was thinking is are they going to give use credit for our old air ship like just upgrading them or do we have to start over when u22 comes out in the sense of just having the old ones upgraded it would be cheaper if your ship u currently have in real servers areas are as ships in the new update.But then if it is not then you would have the problem again about them.

Quote Originally Posted by JGHN View Post
    What i was thinking is are they going to give use credit for our old air ship like just upgrading them or do we have to start over when u22 comes out in the sense of just having the old ones upgraded it would be cheaper if your ship u currently have in real servers areas are as ships in the new update.But then if it is not then you would have the problem again about them.
    I too would like to see some credit-giving with the AS ships upon progression. So it would be possible to instantly buy the best AS ship too, but only all previous bought AS ships would be discounted - if I only bought up to the Typhoon, I only get these shups discounted. I would pay the rest (6000 AS) plain for the best ship and we get over all the hassle with going back to smaller ships in the process.