Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update 22 Round 4 - Still tavern problems

Ok...just got back on Lamania to check out the changes to guild ships.

The following are the things I noticed in messing around for 20 minutes.

1) The hot tubs as listed in the release notes do NOT provide a tavern environment. I tried everything and you can't switch spells or charge clickies.

2) The spell swords tavern does NOT have a tavern environment. Again I tried everything and you can't switch spells or charge clickies. I even removed and replaced amenities to see if updating them helped.

3) The banquet hall does NOT have a tavern environment and it does not create a tavern environment on the top deck as indicated in the release notes.

4) It seems the devs outdid themselves on a new level of drab with the basic colors of the stormglory typhoon....even more then on live.

5) The top deck is still a huge vast wasteland of nothing. This just seems absurd that they are unwilling to throw even a couple amenity slots up here to create a convenience deck....sad...just sad.

EDIT: Also just noticed some weird invisible walls in the guild ship show room around the outside of the entire room.

EDIT 2: I logged out of lamania waited 20 to 30 minutes and logged back in....the areas stated to have a tavern effect do have the tavern regen for clickies but was still unable to switch spells.
    Last edited by Bargol; 06-05-2014 at 12:47 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Do all the amenities place without throwing a wall up?

Can we place every amenity on the biggest ships?

I agree about the top deck. Have a use for it.

Community Manager

Yes, unfortunately there is a problem with the tavern amenities not actually providing a tavern space on airships. We'll be adding that to the Known Issues while we work on a fix.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Do all the amenities place without throwing a wall up?

I agree about the top deck. Have a use for it.
    I tried placing several amenities. None I tried put up a wall blocking off the room, however I did not try them all.

I did not upgrade to top ship to see if every amenity can be placed. I do think the top ship should be able to have every buff and every amenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, unfortunately there is a problem with the tavern amenities not actually providing a tavern space on airships. We'll be adding that to the Known Issues while we work on a fix.
    Thanks cordovan.....wanted to make sure this one made it to live 100%

I just want to be sure that I'm not drunk.

Shrine of Experience I ----- 95 ASTRAL SHARDS
    Shrine of Experience II ---- 195 ASTRAL SHARDS
    Shrine of Experience III --- 325 ASTRAL SHARDS
    Shrine of Experience IV --- 400 ASTRAL SHARDS
    Shrine of Experience V ---- 495 ASTRAL SHARDS

Total ---------------------- 1510 ASTRAL SHARDS

Are the prices going to go as they are on lama now? This is ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post

WOW....I think we need to make a list of all prices because that one alone sounds insane. If this holds true for other amenities a high level guild would need to spend thousands of AS just to get some of the buffs we currently enjoy (if you don't have old style contracts stockpiled).

Community Member

The experience shrine is the only one that costs anywhere near that much. The only other upgradeable astral shard amenity is the Grand Reliquary, with a total cost to get all tiers of around 1000 AS IIRC. The difference between the tiers is the amount of elemental absorb you get: 0% for T1, 5% for t2, 10% for T3, 15% for T4.

You could get the same bonuses for a very large sum of plat and 3 small hookpoints instead if you don't want to pay that much AS. Other than that, no amenities are upgradeable, so the cost doesn't explode too much.

Arcane Sanctum: 140k plat
    Archery Range: 120k plat
    Archwizard: 195k plat
    Armory: 125k plat
    Bash the Breakable Cargo Bay: 180k plat
    Bath House: 70k plat
    Black Abbot's Shadow: 165k plat
    Chronoscope: 60k plat
    Collegium of the Twelve: 175k plat
    Concert Hall: 190k plat
    Crusader's Chapel: 135k plat
    Fencing Master: 215k plat
    Floating Rock Garden: 75k plat
    Game Hunter: 210k plat
    Grandmaster's Dojo: 160k plat
    Green Steel Crafting Hall: 200k plat
    Hag Apothecary: 225k plat
    Ninja Assassin: 220k plat
    Old Sully's Grog Cellar: 85k plat
    Paradoxical Puzzle Box: 80k plat
    Proving Ground: 170k plat
    Shrine to the Devourer I: 50k + II: 350k + III: 475k + IV: 650k = 1,525,000 plat
    Sign of the Silver Flame I: 50k + II: 325k + III: 450k + IV: 625k = 1,450,000 plat
    Stormreaver Memorial I: 50k + II: 400k + III: 550k + IV: 700k = 1,700,000 plat
    Tactical Training Room: 105k plat
    Three Finger Thad's: 50k plat
    Trapsmith's Workshop: 145k plat
    Wild Grove: 155k plat

Banquet Hall: 75 AS
    Cannith Crafting Hall: 125 AS
    Danger Room: 180 AS
    Farshifter's Chambers: 90 AS
    Forbidden Library: 195 AS
    Grand Reliquary I: 180 + II: 275 + III: 325 + IV: 395 = 1175 AS
    Otto's Irresistable Dancehall: 180 AS
    Sellsword's Tavern: 150 AS
    Shrine of Experience I: 95 + II: 195 + III: 325 + IV: 400 + V: 495 = 1510 AS
    The Orien Express: 60 AS
    Throne Room: 180 AS

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    The experience shrine is the only one that costs anywhere near that much. The only other upgradeable astral shard amenity is the Grand Reliquary, with a total cost to get all tiers of around 1000 AS IIRC. The difference between the tiers is the amount of elemental absorb you get: 0% for T1, 5% for t2, 10% for T3, 15% for T4.

You could get the same bonuses for a very large sum of plat and 3 small hookpoints instead if you don't want to pay that much AS. Other than that, no amenities are upgradeable, so the cost doesn't explode too much.
    Bolded the answer. If you are buying each exp shrine as you can place them, then you are asking to pay that price. I agree it is steep, but it is a one time purchase.

Bolded the answer. If you are buying each exp shrine as you can place them, then you are asking to pay that price. I agree it is steep, but it is a one time purchase.
    I am guessing you haven't been on lamania. YOU HAVE TO BUY EACH TIER to get access to the next one. So if you are a high level guild and want the 5% shrine well its 1510 astral shards for you......for what cost us some plat right now.

The whole guild upgrade stuff is so they can squeeze more money out of guild purchases. Plain and simple.

It appears that even the largest shard ship, the Daedalean Kraken, doesn't have enough hooks for every new amenity. There may be overlap between what some of the small hook amenities and large hook amenities provide but I haven't verified this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    It appears that even the largest shard ship, the Daedalean Kraken, doesn't have enough hooks for every new amenity. There may be overlap between what some of the small hook amenities and large hook amenities provide but I haven't verified this yet.
    Grand Reliquary IV: Combines Silver Flame IV, Stormreaver IV and Devourer IV
    Proving Ground: Grandmaster's Dojo, Armory, Archery Range and Tactical Training Room
    Collegium of the Twelve: Wild Grove, Crusader's Chapel, Arcane Sanctum and Trapsmith's Workshop

The above are large rooms that group several small rooms together. There are also rooms such as the Experience Shrine that can be upgraded from I to V. The Grand Reliquary is one such room. It has four tiers. Also, every room included in Grand Reliquary is a separate small room that also can be upgraded. Guild Vaults were not in the latest update, but if they're still being included, I would imagine they will also have upgradeable tiers.
    Last edited by rosedarkthorn; 06-05-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosedarkthorn View Post
    Grand Reliquary IV: Combines Silver Flame IV, Stormreaver IV and Devourer IV
    Proving Ground: Grandmaster's Dojo, Armory, Archery Range and Tactical Training Room
    Collegium of the Twelve: Wild Grove, Crusader's Chapel, Arcane Sanctum and Trapsmith's Workshop

The above are large rooms that group several small rooms together. There are also rooms suck as the Experience Shrine that can be upgraded from I to V. The Grand Reliquary is one such room. It has four tiers. Also, every room included in Grand Reliquary is a separate small room that also can be upgraded. Guild Vaults were not in the latest update, but if they're still being included, I would imagine they will also have upgradeable tiers.
    Thank you for your succinct response.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Thank you for your succinct response.
    You're welcome. Currently, there are only 6 Large Rooms available on Lamannia. If that remains the same, the largest guild ship will have one more large room than those available in game. If I counted the list of small rooms correctly, found at https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...uild-Amenities there are 24, excluding the lower tiers of upgradeable rooms and small rooms included in Large Rooms. The largest guild ship has 26 small rooms available, so it in fact has more rooms than unique buffs available.

nvm
    Last edited by Gizeh; 06-05-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    I am guessing you haven't been on lamania. YOU HAVE TO BUY EACH TIER to get access to the next one. So if you are a high level guild and want the 5% shrine well its 1510 astral shards for you......for what cost us some plat right now.

The whole guild upgrade stuff is so they can squeeze more money out of guild purchases. Plain and simple.
    I guess I have to do another character and fill its inventory with exp shrine -.-

Quote Originally Posted by rosedarkthorn View Post
    Arcane Sanctum: 140k plat
    Archery Range: 120k plat
    Archwizard: 195k plat
    Armory: 125k plat
    Bash the Breakable Cargo Bay: 180k plat
    Bath House: 70k plat
    Black Abbot's Shadow: 165k plat
    Chronoscope: 60k plat
    Collegium of the Twelve: 175k plat
    Concert Hall: 190k plat
    Crusader's Chapel: 135k plat
    Fencing Master: 215k plat
    Floating Rock Garden: 75k plat
    Game Hunter: 210k plat
    Grandmaster's Dojo: 160k plat
    Green Steel Crafting Hall: 200k plat
    Hag Apothecary: 225k plat
    Ninja Assassin: 220k plat
    Old Sully's Grog Cellar: 85k plat
    Paradoxical Puzzle Box: 80k plat
    Proving Ground: 170k plat
    Shrine to the Devourer I: 50k + II: 350k + III: 475k + IV: 650k = 1,525,000 plat
    Sign of the Silver Flame I: 50k + II: 325k + III: 450k + IV: 625k = 1,450,000 plat
    Stormreaver Memorial I: 50k + II: 400k + III: 550k + IV: 700k = 1,700,000 plat
    Tactical Training Room: 105k plat
    Three Finger Thad's: 50k plat
    Trapsmith's Workshop: 145k plat
    Wild Grove: 155k plat

Banquet Hall: 75 AS
    Cannith Crafting Hall: 125 AS
    Danger Room: 180 AS
    Farshifter's Chambers: 90 AS
    Forbidden Library: 195 AS
    Grand Reliquary I: 180 + II: 275 + III: 325 + IV: 395 = 1175 AS
    Otto's Irresistable Dancehall: 180 AS
    Sellsword's Tavern: 150 AS
    Shrine of Experience I: 95 + II: 195 + III: 325 + IV: 400 + V: 495 = 1510 AS
    The Orien Express: 60 AS
    Throne Room: 180 AS
    Ugh.

Any chance you could leave us the old airships, and just have the new airships give the new amenities? Based on this pricing scheme, I'd much rather just keep the ship I currently have and not deal with these new amenities at all.

Plat costs are fine. I'm not spending any astral shards on amenities, though, just like for the past few years I haven't spent any TP on amenities. So the astral shard-only amenities largely won't exist for me. (Maybe a guildie will spend shards, but I doubt it.) If you take away the shard amenities, the entire new system kind of sucks.

So I humbly request to leave the existing ships and amenities unchanged, and have the new ships use the new amenities.

Community Member

Default Buying airships.

Ok, so yesterday I got the biggest plat ship to see what it looks like, and I installed amenities on it etc. Today I wanted to have a look what I would have to pay to upgrade our guilds ship on Live, so I gradually put in AS to get back up to the Stormglory Typhoon. So far its all nice and well, getting there costs 2.650 AS and the next AS ship gives another 2 small amenity spots for 1.000 AS (next upgrade is for 2k and then 3k respectively, guess who is paying for the development work).

So far all is fine. But hey, now my guild seems to be stuck with the Stormglory Typhoon or upgrading it for further AS. In the UI I can see the ships I already bought before this (uncheck "only available ships"), but there is no way to get back to my roomy Volant Alcazar. Not even by buying it anew (it shows with a blue outline). Now I certainly hope that this is not completely WAI.

Best solution would be if we could select which one we want to "equip" from the ships we have bought (meaning a choice between biggest plat ship and highest ranked AS ship), or at least we should get a warning when having the big plat ships, that when we buy a smaller AS ship (to be able to then buy the bigger AS ships) we cannot go back.
    And if we can't get back to that a ship, I would want at least a way to buy the plat ship AGAIN rather than not having access to it nor being able to get it again ever.

Community Member

Default keep with what is currenlty on live

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Ugh.

Any chance you could leave us the old airships, and just have the new airships give the new amenities? Based on this pricing scheme, I'd much rather just keep the ship I currently have and not deal with these new amenities at all.

Plat costs are fine. I'm not spending any astral shards on amenities, though, just like for the past few years I haven't spent any TP on amenities. So the astral shard-only amenities largely won't exist for me. (Maybe a guildie will spend shards, but I doubt it.) If you take away the shard amenities, the entire new system kind of sucks.

So I humbly request to leave the existing ships and amenities unchanged, and have the new ships use the new amenities.
    If you want, you will be able to just keep your old buffs running in your cargo hold Ellis. As Cordovan mentioned in the known issues, we will be able to buy the old amenities for at least until they solve the issue that blocks AS amenities from dropping in chests (I would prefer if we could just keep the option to buy them indefinitely if we want)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast