Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member Chimeran1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    234

    Default 12K Crit Bear form, yes. Read the tricks of the fur here. Bearzilla Build

    PDK Druid 8/12Monk
    Information removed.
    Last edited by Chimeran1; 06-07-2014 at 12:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,798

    Default

    Have you ever tested to see if Supreme Cleave or Sweeping Strikes works while in bear form? I keep meaning to make a SDK druid to test that out, but always forget...

    Did you also try this on a 9 / 9 / 2 split? That gets you 1 extra feat (lose Master of Forms, gain 2 ftr feats) and access to Natural Fighting feats, which would give you more DPS than WF:B+Power Crit does. Plus you don't have to pay for an LR +1 that way. Personally I would want at least Emp Heal too.

    What about epic feats?

  3. #3
    Community Member Chimeran1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Information removed.
    Last edited by Chimeran1; 06-07-2014 at 12:19 AM.

  4. #4
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Cleave works unarmed / animal form
    Great Cleave works unarmed / animal form
    Lay waste works unarmed / animal form
    Supreme Cleave works unarmed / animal form
    Eldritch Strike works unarmed / animal form
    Sweeping Strikes does work unarmed / animal form (provided you have a 1/4 staff equipped)

    Momentum Swing does not work unarmed / animal form.

  5. #5
    Community Member drsmooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Why the required +5 dex tome?

    Your starting dex is listed as 14, so a +3 tome will allow you all the TWF feats you take.

    With your stated 16 starting wisdom, a +5 wisdom tome will allow you to qualify for Vorpal Strikes, if so desired.

  6. #6
    Community Member Chimeran1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drsmooth View Post
    Why the required +5 dex tome?

    Your starting dex is listed as 14, so a +3 tome will allow you all the TWF feats you take.

    With your stated 16 starting wisdom, a +5 wisdom tome will allow you to qualify for Vorpal Strikes, if so desired.
    Thank you. Updated.

  7. #7
    Community Member MadGardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    57

    Default

    monk in fur is not a bear it's a monk

    and this may change

    "The druid's animal form has feats that are meant to compensate for the lack of Two Weapon Fighting support. The change which allows Two Weapon Fighting feats to apply to animal form attacks is not working as intended, and is under investigation. It's too early to say when or if it will change, but you can officially designate this as "not working as intended." Thanks!
    Last edited by MadGardener; 06-05-2014 at 09:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Lay waste works unarmed / animal form
    Momentum Swing does not work unarmed / animal form.
    This is unfortunate, since you really want MS to reset the CD on LW. Still, good to know that all of the Cleave atks (inc. Whirlwind I presume) work with animal form. Thanks!

    I forgot to ask the OP the obvious question, though: what is bear form really adding to this build over wolf other than, well, you're a bear?

  9. #9
    Community Member Chimeran1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    This is unfortunate, since you really want MS to reset the CD on LW. Still, good to know that all of the Cleave atks (inc. Whirlwind I presume) work with animal form. Thanks!

    I forgot to ask the OP the obvious question, though: what is bear form really adding to this build over wolf other than, well, you're a bear?
    Fur and lots more of it.
    The + 4 racial bonus to constitution
    The 8x 1d12 damage x3 crit
    Rising fury +2 strength +2 constitution that stacks 5 times
    15% AC bonus
    Last edited by Chimeran1; 06-07-2014 at 12:20 AM.

  10. #10
    Community Member Chimeran1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadGardener View Post
    monk in fur is not a bear it's a monk

    and this may change

    "The druid's animal form has feats that are meant to compensate for the lack of Two Weapon Fighting support. The change which allows Two Weapon Fighting feats to apply to animal form attacks is not working as intended, and is under investigation. It's too early to say when or if it will change, but you can officially designate this as "not working as intended." Thanks!
    Do Monks $hit stick to their fur?
    Nope...
    Must be a bear then, cause it sure looks like one.
    Last edited by Chimeran1; 06-06-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload