Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Three-Barrel Cove Price Change

Ahoy! We wanted to remind players that there will be a price change coming for Three-Barrel Cove to reflect the added level ranges, new content added, and new shiny loot coming in Update 22! The price for Three-Barrel Cove prior to Update 22 is 550 Turbine Points. With the launch of the update, the price for the pack will become 695 Turbine Points. Players who already own the adventure pack will not be required to re-purchase it; you’ll automatically receive the content pack upgrades on patch day. If you don’t currently own it, you are able to purchase the pack ahead of the update at the lower pre-U22 price. Yaaar!

2016 DDO Players Council LeoLionxxx's Avatar

Thumbs up It's like an early sale

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *snip*
    The price for Three-Barrel Cove prior to Update 22 is 550 Turbine Points. With the launch of the update, the price for the pack will become 695 Turbine Points.
    695 * 0.8 = 556 TP
    550 < 556
    It is slightly better to go ahead and buy it now instead of hold out for an adventure pack sale.

Cheers, I mean, Yarrrr!
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    695 * 0.8 = 556 TP
    550 < 556
    It is slightly better to go ahead and buy it now instead of hold out for an adventure pack sale.

Cheers, I mean, Yarrrr!
    now is the time to buy it before the inevitable loot drop nerfs that happen
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Ahoy! We wanted to remind players that there will be a price change coming for Three-Barrel Cove to reflect the added level ranges, new content added, and new shiny loot coming in Update 22! The price for Three-Barrel Cove prior to Update 22 is 550 Turbine Points. With the launch of the update, the price for the pack will become 695 Turbine Points. Players who already own the adventure pack will not be required to re-purchase it; you’ll automatically receive the content pack upgrades on patch day. If you don’t currently own it, you are able to purchase the pack ahead of the update at the lower pre-U22 price. Yaaar!
    Speaking of lower prices, do you happen to see any big (i.e., more than 20%) adventure pack sales coming up any time soonish? :-)
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Community Member

What of the Landlubber Bundle, is there advance information on what'll happen to that?
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    Speaking of lower prices, do you happen to see any big (i.e., more than 20%) adventure pack sales coming up any time soonish? :-)
    I've not seen such a sale ever since 2011 or 2012... So don't hope for it. Doubt it will ever happen again.

Completionists: Heroic 34/42, Epic 36/36, "Iconic" 12/12

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    I've not seen such a sale ever since 2011 or 2012... So don't hope for it. Doubt it will ever happen again.
    Ever since that 75% for all low lvl packs including 3bc.
    Im still kicking myself for not buying them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Ever since that 75% for all low lvl packs including 3bc.
    Im still kicking myself for not buying them then.
    Right before they epicified Gianthold (and raised the price, understandably), they gave a great sale on it. This time, they just give a heads up that the price is going up. Tolero, I don't presume that you single-handidly makes sales like that, but maybe you could ask someone that can? Please don't misunderstand me, I'm glad for the warning, but a sale would have been good too. (That sale/warning combo was the reason I bought Gianthold, actually)
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Right before they epicified Gianthold (and raised the price, understandably), they gave a great sale on it. This time, they just give a heads up that the price is going up. Tolero, I don't presume that you single-handidly makes sales like that, but maybe you could ask someone that can? Please don't misunderstand me, I'm glad for the warning, but a sale would have been good too. (That sale/warning combo was the reason I bought Gianthold, actually)
    As far as I'm aware, Gianthold has been 950 TP for as long as I've been playing. (Feb 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    Agreed. There was a 25% sale on all packs during the Christmas sales this past year, but otherwise 20% is the best we can reasonably hope for.

Community Member

The last Adv Pack sale I think, was in Feb so they may be due for one but I'm sure it will only be 20% maybe they will give a 25% to us for Christmas.

Community Member

Well, I was hoping to see what the next sale was before making my decision, but seems like I might not have time for that:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Update 22 is expected to arrive this week, additional details coming very soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sorry about the short notice, and yes, we often do have them on Mondays. Not this time, though. We'll have more specific details to pass along within the next day or so.

So... I do have enough TP to get the Landlubber Bundle at list price now. Should I do so before the update?
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015.