Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Here again, "play a handful of quests in a boring CoV grindfest and all will be well". I hardly see this as a healthy state of the game. And no, I do NOT accept that Turbine intends to send the message that "eberron epics are dead content" to be "written off". I like Eberron and won't simply abandon playing there because some Suit wishes to pigeonhole my play time by way of arbitrary new currency and game-play-gating systems.
    This.

Nice to see the data though. Id like to hear more from those who ignore the system and play how they want, but they are too busy ignoring the system and playing how they want to collect specific data regarding this issue.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    My first instinct was that 3500 isn't near 4200. However if you run level 27+ quests it would be around 20 quests (without pots but with my other bonuses) to get the extra 700 comms so comparing it to the number of quests to get a heroic heart isn't as unreasonable as it might sound at first.

If this was the devs intent it might help if they were a bit clearer on that though because that is not how I, or many people, have read their statements initially.

eep in mind you have to take comms Every Time to get this many.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    This.

Nice to see the data though. Id like to hear more from those who ignore the system and play how they want, but they are too busy ignoring the system and playing how they want to collect specific data regarding this issue.
    It is hard to ignore the system completely when you need to explicitly choose comms from the reward list. However, beyond choosing the reward, I am usually aware of how many comms I have only when they stop fitting in the bags. Comms, like XP, take care of themselves when you just run with people and have fun. I understand it can be different for those on a mission.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

While, as I said, this route is boring as hell, there are alternatives:

Aside from running what I want to run, I can run a "comm circuit" for about 60 - 80 minutes (depends on group, did it once under 60) once per day, that awards under 600 comms (assuming pot and no ship buff).

/EE:
    Demands,
    Graves,
    Water,
    Outrbreak,
    Overgrowth,
    Druids Den,
    Rusted Blades,
    Broken Chains,
    Death Undone

While that is not somehow tremendously enjoyable, it works well for me.

So... yeah. comms are problem. But tere are better solutions then selftorture of running only at level.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Its also a hireling, it needs buffs to figure out what end the food goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and Lol - Fortitude 57, Reflex 64, Will 55 {Godlike Saves!}.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    There are players that I wish could be improved to the point of being a hire.

Default players dont need to lvl right away

so,why is there so much ''at my lvl stuff' needed''.... stay lvl23 and 24 or whatever ,for a while ,and play those fun dungeons.I am still hoping iconic heart get price reduction to the same as the others.Wehave to buy the iconic classes as it is...lolnot lookin for free just fair.they'd sell alot more TPs if some key items had perm price drop..like slayer pots ,and storage bags
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    While, as I said, this route is boring as hell, there are alternatives:

Aside from running what I want to run, I can run a "comm circuit" for about 60 - 80 minutes (depends on group, did it once under 60) once per day, that awards under 600 comms (assuming pot and no ship buff).

/EE:
    Demands,
    Graves,
    Water,
    Outrbreak,
    Overgrowth,
    Druids Den,
    Rusted Blades,
    Broken Chains,
    Death Undone

While that is not somehow tremendously enjoyable, it works well for me.

So... yeah. comms are problem. But tere are better solutions then selftorture of running only at level.
    9 EE's (plus out-of-quest running/zoning/selling/repairing/buffing) in 80 minutes, to the req'd 4200 in 7 days. So 'the rest' of the population would take months to get the same comms. Yup, all is well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

This.

Well, I'm 2 quests shy of 17 for this BF life, heading to 28 for an ITR. I have no intention of following any levelling/grinding plan. I'll play what I like and how I like and track my quests from 20-28 (well, probably 30 by the time I get there) and let you know how it goes. Don't hold your breath; it will probably take a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

This.

I did that my first epic life. The only thing I did was take commendations as my end reward every time, otherwise I just played what I felt like. I earned 1597 commendations. I suppose if people really care I could post that data too.

I had a lot of first time bonuses. I also found all the explorers in the epic wildernesses. (Which is something I actually enjoy doing)

I'll be doing it again next life and we'll see what I end up with since the explorers will already be found this time. I'll likely still do some slaying though especially with the longer ship buffs so I don't have to worry about rebuffing before going to the next quest.

Just make the iconic and epic heart cost 3200 comms and all would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I can honestly say I am dreading the introduction of those last 2 levels already. The sky high xp requirements with the lack of variety of end game quests will probably be just enough to suck the last of the fun out of TR'ing entirely for me.

I hope I am wrong, I really do.
    The cap raise to 30 will basically mean that I will again mostly go to do TRs instead of ERs, as there is already today too few epic quests as it is compared to the number of heroic quests. The day that level cap raises to 30 will see most of my currently epic characters at about level 1...

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Here again, "play a handful of quests in a boring CoV grindfest and all will be well". I hardly see this as a healthy state of the game.
    As I already explained, that list is only a part of what the eventual circuit will be. I said what was going to be added, but since you seem to have missed it, here's what the full list will look like, though not in this order:

VON3?
    EN DA?
    Big Top?
    Impossible Demands
    Unquiet Graves
    Rusted Blades
    Death Undone
    Trial By Fury
    Deal and the Demon
    Closing the Rift
    Don't Drink the Water
    Outbreak
    Overgrowth
    Thorn and Paw
    Druid's Deep
    Detour
    Rest Stop
    Lost in the Swamp
    End of the Road
    Trial By Fire
    Maze of Madness
    Foundation of Discord
    Cry for Help
    Feast or Famine
    A Cabal for One
    Friends in Low Places
    A Lesson In Deception
    Through a Mirror Darkly
    Lines of Supply

This is not a "handful" of quests. I'm hoping/expecting it to be enough content that I can run two (maybe even three?) completely different circuits so that most days I can just spend a couple hours blasting through a part of it then change it up the next day. On days when I can devote several hours I could do the entire circuit in one go.

And no, I do NOT accept that Turbine intends to send the message that "eberron epics are dead content" to be "written off". I like Eberron and won't simply abandon playing there because some Suit wishes to pigeonhole my play time by way of arbitrary new currency and game-play-gating systems.
    I like eberron quests too, but if you continue playing them you can't really complain about lack of valor. It's clear the devs want that content killed dead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    As I already explained, that list is only a part of what the eventual circuit will be. I said what was going to be added, but since you seem to have missed it, here's what the full list will look like, though not in this order:

VON3?
    EN DA?
    Big Top?
    Impossible Demands
    Unquiet Graves
    Rusted Blades
    Death Undone
    Trial By Fury
    Deal and the Demon
    Closing the Rift
    Don't Drink the Water
    Outbreak
    Overgrowth
    Thorn and Paw
    Druid's Deep
    Detour
    Rest Stop
    Lost in the Swamp
    End of the Road
    Trial By Fire
    Maze of Madness
    Foundation of Discord
    Cry for Help
    Feast or Famine
    A Cabal for One
    Friends in Low Places
    A Lesson In Deception
    Through a Mirror Darkly
    Lines of Supply

This is not a "handful" of quests. I'm hoping/expecting it to be enough content that I can run two (maybe even three?) completely different circuits so that most days I can just spend a couple hours blasting through a part of it then change it up the next day. On days when I can devote several hours I could do the entire circuit in one go.

I like eberron quests too, but if you continue playing them you can't really complain about lack of valor. It's clear the devs want that content killed dead.

..... We would have every reason to complain that the devs are trying to kill off our questing options and quests we enjoy..... we are the customer are we not? Voicing our opinion about what we like and do not is the best way to get the provider to change things.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

meh, I don't go by guides or lists anymore. I just run whatever quests I want and like regardless of popularity, Comm drops, xp, loot, time or anything else. sure there is a list I could come up with to earn 4200 by 28 or at least close to it, but I treat epics like I do with heroics now. I just jump around the game doing what I want and its more fun not having to think about a required number to reincarnate. the xp isn't hard to get without even trying, just like in heroics.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    So will people actually believe me now or continue telling me I made it up?
    This changes nothing. The devs stated you *can* earn 4200 comes running Eh not you *will* earn 4200. I'm sure you understand there is a big difference between can and will.
    Last edited by Turbosilk; 06-05-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    You notice in the OP he earned that many during double Comm days. If you re-read it he earned first time bonuses and other things adding to more xp, while also limiting slayers as much as possible. So 3500 is actually high in the OPs case and would be much lower doing it his way (devs way).
    And you neglected to notice he stated d there is a global exp bonus. 10% of 6,600,000 is 660,000 exp which is you are running GH for example would be another 400ish comms. Having a greater tome also helps you exp get exp not comms.
    Last edited by Turbosilk; 06-05-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    And you neglected to notice he stated d there is a global exp bonus. 10% of 6,600,000 is 660,000 exp which is you are running GH for example would be another 400ish comms. Having a greater tome also helps you exp get exp not comms.
    It would actually be 600,000 xp.

(1.1)*(XP Earned) = 6,600,000, therefore (XP Earned) = 6,000,000 which is 600,000 short.

That's really only a difference of like one quest though.

I wish there hadn't been an xp event going on but I didn't think I would be able to keep the willpower necessary to go through with this is I waited.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

(1.1)*(XP Earned) = 6,600,000, therefore (XP Earned) = 6,000,000 which is 600,000 short.

I wish there hadn't been an xp event going on but I didn't think I would be able to keep the willpower necessary to go through with this is I waited.
    The 10% is off base xp of the quest. With tome, in-quest bonuses, no-death, no-reentry, daily etc, it's likely around 5% of the xp, not 10%.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Thx it was a typo from my phone. Understand with your patience. I stopped collecting data until the 10% global bonus is over
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    The 10% is off base xp of the quest. With tome, in-quest bonuses, no-death, no-reentry, daily etc, it's likely around 5% of the xp, not 10%.
    I'm not at home atm with my spreadsheets but the earlier you get a bonus the more it is amplified not vice versa.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    I'm not at home atm with my spreadsheets but the earlier you get a bonus the more it is amplified not vice versa.
    That's not how these in-quest bonuses work. Ransack, tome, conquest and so on all give bonuses off the base xp of the quest that stack additively, not multiplicatively.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast