Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    I'm very happy with the insane attack speed of 20% melee alacrity (Haste adds 15% for 35% now, Greater SWF will max this at 30/55% hasted).
    Uhhh, how are you adding 30% (GSWF) + 15% (Haste) and getting 55%?

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

I'm very happy with the insane attack speed of 20% melee alacrity (Haste adds 15% for 35% now, Greater SWF will max this at 30/55% hasted).
    Are you talking about the 20% melee alacrity from Madstone Boots? Melee alacrity and haste (as well as the speed effect found on items and the blinding speed epic feat) do not stack since they provide the same type of bonus. GSWF provides 30%, haste (or speed on items or blinding speed) provides 15% for a total of 45% attack speed. Or you can get the 20% from Madstone Boots for a max of 50%.

For the melee-oriented, I want to go to the full Shield Mastery feats to open up adding Legendary Shield Mastery from Legendary Dreadnought as Flynn will likely train no fewer than 4 EDs in life #1.
    Legendary shield mastery is a tier 2 in unyielding sentinal.

I vote for getting a "FINISH HIM!" emote for the SBs.
    LOL, that would be a good sound effect for coup de grace.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    I think you're right about the value of maximize and empower. That's precisely the problem I'm having on Monte Cristo – I don't want to drop any feats for maximize and empower. The build lacks a solid AoE option and without maximize and empower I'm not sure the SLAs are really going to fulfill that purpose. I want more DCs, which means spending more in spellsinger, but I tend to favor melee and would prefer to spend in warchanter. So I haven't found the balance yet.
    I honestly believe a maximized/empowered reverberate will add more single target boss DPS than 15% more doublestrike though depending on your gear that may not exactly be true. If you can get your spellpower up to 300-400, it's ~500-800 damage per cast, which takes probably 2-3 swings. It frees up a twist, which especially on Monte could be used for a solid DC fire Energy Burst.

You have a ton of Charisma and you're using it for enchantment and DPS- there doesn't seem to be reason not to use it for some nukes too unless you're looking for more melee power via sense weakness or grim precision (Sense Weakness would work great in combination to your CC.)

I know it's hard to find slots for spellpower, but as your solid AoE option, have you considered Celestial Bombardment? The damage doesn't have any saving through, it's just the knockdown. I know it's a lot of spell points but you aren't really using those for much and if you slot in fire spellpower it'd also help with energy burst. It's not effected by Maximize/Empower as well- so that combined with Energy Burst can give you some solid burst aoe with very little drawbacks.

Maximize/Empower will add much more to heroics than endgame- and at endgame will add more single target DPS than multi unless you go EA, which you already have in abundance. It adds a lot more healing than anything else.

The shield mastery feats I'm finding only worth it for the ability to use another twist slot, and like feats on a bard, twist slots are way valuable. With the new PRR from Warchanter I may just drop them entirely.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep Max/Empower- but going hybrid comes automatically with CHA so dedicating a bunch of feats to it doesn't have me convinced. I dislike the mass hold SLA and that was kind of the glue of the hybrid build along with sense weakness so that's fallen apart. Horn of Thunder is fantastic as a dedicated caster but I'm not one of those either.

Frozen Fury and Sense Weakness should still be super fantastic- and I may take advantage of that, though given it's DC base and my aversion to DC based abilities, I may not build for it either.

Flynncletica's speed, protections, undispellable Bard songs and miss-chance make her a powerful Monk-like fighter without any Monk levels. I'm digging it.
    Bards have really become monk-like without monk levels and a bit more simplified. I find myself missing abundant step a lot but I'm hoping cannith boots of propulsion will fill the gap for those harder to reach places =P
    I really like em.
    ~Sarlona~ - Proud Member of The Unrepentant
    Maelodic - Rockin all the day long
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

Hey,

I'm trin my guy for a bard life 1-20 then tr again, i'm trying to decide if i should go pure bard or considering a 16b-2fighter-2fvs cha based bard or 16b-2rg-2fighter...i'm so confused but i have to have this figured out by tomorrow ...elllp.

K i'm also looking at a 18bard/2 fighter would be feasible?
    Last edited by Miow; 07-17-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Hey,

I'm trin my guy for a bard life 1-20 then tr again, i'm trying to decide if i should go pure bard or considering a 16b-2fighter-2fvs cha based bard or 16b-2rg-2fighter...i'm so confused but i have to have this figured out by tomorrow ...elllp.

K i'm also looking at a 18bard/2 fighter would be feasible?
    There are an overwhelming number of possibilities, many of which are specialized to emphasize different attributes, with no one build being obviously superior over them all. All of the options you listed are a possibility, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Most of those options already have detailed builds here in the bard forums that you can take a look at to see what they're capable of and help you figure out exactly what you want. If you have the time to customize and perfect your own build, I would do so. But if you don't have time to plan out a full build, then I would recommend following one so no mistakes are made.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Thanks for the feedback Maelodic. That gives me a lot to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    I honestly believe a maximized/empowered reverberate will add more single target boss DPS than 15% more doublestrike though depending on your gear that may not exactly be true. If you can get your spellpower up to 300-400, it's ~500-800 damage per cast, which takes probably 2-3 swings. It frees up a twist, which especially on Monte could be used for a solid DC fire Energy Burst.
    Dropping the shield mastery feats for maximize/empower is a possibility. My playstyle tends to favor melee, but if the power gained is enough then I wouldn't mind making the switch.

I know it's hard to find slots for spellpower, but as your solid AoE option, have you considered Celestial Bombardment? The damage doesn't have any saving through, it's just the knockdown. I know it's a lot of spell points but you aren't really using those for much and if you slot in fire spellpower it'd also help with energy burst. It's not effected by Maximize/Empower as well- so that combined with Energy Burst can give you some solid burst aoe with very little drawbacks.
    I was thinking the extra DCs in spellsinger would allow me to drop some cha in divine crusader to pick up some of the other abilities. I'll definitely consider celestial bombardment. That plus energy burst would give me some solid AoE options. I might do this and just keep the shield mastery feats to keep melee maxed.

Frozen Fury and Sense Weakness should still be super fantastic- and I may take advantage of that, though given it's DC base and my aversion to DC based abilities, I may not build for it either.
    I've already decided I won't be building for frozen fury. I don't see the DC being sufficient at endgame and I don't want to bother slotting stunning gear.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Uhhh, how are you adding 30% (GSWF) + 15% (Haste) and getting 55%?
    My math sucks. It should be 45%. Thanks.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    There are an overwhelming number of possibilities, many of which are specialized to emphasize different attributes, with no one build being obviously superior over them all. All of the options you listed are a possibility, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Most of those options already have detailed builds here in the bard forums that you can take a look at to see what they're capable of and help you figure out exactly what you want. If you have the time to customize and perfect your own build, I would do so. But if you don't have time to plan out a full build, then I would recommend following one so no mistakes are made.
    Well i've decided to try a 18 bard 2 fighter split, why not right? Mostly melee with some support spell casting, but i'm wondering if going power attack/cleave/great cleave route is best...or i could just go with precision...i'm wondering what feats you guys would chose for that split from 1-20?

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Well i've decided to try a 18 bard 2 fighter split, why not right? Mostly melee with some support spell casting, but i'm wondering if going power attack/cleave/great cleave route is best...or i could just go with precision...i'm wondering what feats you guys would chose for that split from 1-20?
    I'd recommend looking at my pure melee variant for inspiration on this- you could follow that exactly and add two more flavor feats and it's probably something very similar to what you're looking for.

With the new changes, this thread is actually going to split off from what I'll actually be running.

I'll be running a Warchanter for the sole purpose of buffing my duo partner. I'll be updating this thread with the enhancements I'd use but will otherwise not really be updating this much as the build I'd use solo or play without a dedicated group is extremely similar to CThruTheEgo's Count with the rework just because of how easy it is as this point to get enchant DCs way up there- enough that it does not warrant another thread.

I will still be offering advice, help, and further build variants including what my Warchanter ends up being. This thread has become more of a conglomerate of brainstorming rather than a specific build- and I will be updating it to keep it that way.

Expect an update to the main post soon.

It's too bad my hybrid was inefficient- I had a neato picture ready for it so the build wasn't all unorganized:

Alright- first post has been updated.

Community Member

Regarding Legendary Shield Mastery, I seem to be able to twist it before I get the shield feats, as long as it was selected in the US destiny earlier when the char did have the feats. I did not test if it provides any actual benefits though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345