Default Why do we have other forum sections

If everybody posts everything in General Discussion?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    So people can complain and demand that PR not follow their own guidelines.

Default Suggestions & Ideas

I really haven't been around for the longest time, nor have I payed enough attention to it, in order to see, but... Has any good actually come from the "Suggestions & Ideas" section? or is it just a place where we can enter the imaginary world where our suggestions & ideas are actually read and taken into account?
    Last edited by Ryethielnas; 06-01-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    ||| Ghallanda - Ryethielnas |||

Og

There are other sections ?

°__O
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    Og

There are other sections ?

°__O
    No. Any other forum sections are only figments of a diseased imagination.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    No. Any other forum sections are only figments of a diseased imagination.
    Maybe if we speak in general, even specialized topics can become general enough to fit in the general section ?
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    Maybe if we speak in general, even specialized topics can become general enough to fit in the general section ?
    Generally speaking, yes.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Default i wouldnt wanna use the private, major or captain thread

........so the General is my 5 star choice /salute
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

The sub forums rarely get any activity in them; so wether you're seeking advice, wanting to complain or just seeking some attention the General Forum is the defacto place to go.

To paraphrase: "Post 'em all, and let the Mods sort it out."
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Default S&I needs more love.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethielnas View Post
    I really haven't been around for the longest time, nor have I payed enough attention to it, in order to see, but... Has any good actually come from the "Suggestions & Ideas" section? or is it just a place where we can enter the imaginary world where our suggestions & ideas are actually read and taken into account?
    It does often feel that stuff put into the S&I section just goes down into a digital pothole; we really have no way of telling if the suggestions get any attention at all from the devs. As well, whenever something gets posted in there, there are those few that alwase go "no, issue X is FAR more important than this thing, can't waste developer time on a little thing like this". It sure would be nice if there was more feedback or even just the occasional "read by a dev" in there from the Turbine team.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

If you cordon off almost all of the specific subs to the non-free portion of the forum most people are going to post in general.

People once did post in the other sections. Mostly the class section. Then someone got it in there heads to change it, and then stuff happened and then they changed it again. And now you can't pull up links to this thing without waiting for your browser to tell you they don't exist until you chop off half the url to make it work because... who knows.

And so now we just toss everything into general. Where the last remnants of this aging dino mmo remain. And where the last of the mod/gm/dev/whatever they call them now that survived the axes, and the fires, and the downsizing to make lotr shiny glance through occasionally.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

General DDO Discussion is a FREE forum. Most of the others require a paid subscription.

So obviously most of the posers on this forum are also freeloaders who post here because they can't access the real forum threads where the really important issues are discussed.

(That is sarcasm for those of you who may be lacking a sense of humor - on average at least 1 person for every thread with over 5 replies)

Community Member

This message board does make a mistake I think many make…WAY too many forums.