Community Member

Default Warforged 18/2 Wiz/Rogue still viable ?

I am back after a 2 year hiatus and I am now completely lost. I have a level 9 wiz whgich was built using on of the old builds (Tihocan build guide iirc), now I have no idea what I am doing. Is the WF option still a good way to go. Should I continue with this guy or re-roll ?

currently I have the following

str 14
    dex 8
    con 18
    int 18
    wis 6
    cha 6

and the following feats:

Insightfull reflexes
    Mental Tougness
    Extend Spell
    Toughness
    Maximise Spell

feats I was going to take for the remaining levels are Heighten spell. Greater spell focus: evocatrion, spell penetration, greater spell penetration

I mainly run solo which is why I picked this build in the first place. However all the enhancements have changed so I have a stack of action points and no idea where to spend them to keep me effective. Are there any new build guides for WF wiz/rog post U19 ? Every build I have seen thus far is a human palemaster with rogue splash ?

So was hoping someone could point me in the right direction if WF option is still viable now ?

Quote Originally Posted by updeharris View Post

and the following feats:

Insightfull reflexes
    Mental Tougness
    Extend Spell
    Toughness
    Maximise Spell
    I'm trying to work something out for you right now, but it seems like you're missing a feat

Also have you taken your second rogue level already?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I'm trying to work something out for you right now, but it seems like you're missing a feat

Also have you taken your second rogue level already?
    yes took 2nd rogue level at 9. I seem to be missing empower, don't know why ? I looked at the old document I saved with the build and the feat list was Empower (1), Toughness (1), maximise (3) Extend (5), spell focus (6) Mental toughness (9). however I though only humans got 2 feat selections at Level 1 ? So i might have written this down wrong 2 years ago !!

I can rebuild as I have a wooden heart in my inventory, guessing we all got one when the enhancements got reworked ? I seem to have a level 20 one also.

WF wiz rogue is still a very viable option. For solo it is awesome.

Depending on your damage element of choice your Evo focus feats may be good or a waste. If your going acid you will want conj. if looking for electric you will want all the Evo focus you can get. Mostly force Evo isn't needed much at all.

I will say that force isn't really an option on its own. The missile SLAs are nice till 10 or 12 then they don't have the punch you need till you get to epics and get your sharadi double rainbow then its the bees knees. Yet I wouldn't build to that as it is so good it will get nerfed eventually (and rightly so)

No idea how I will play my force caster wiz/roge then but he has been a force spec since force and repair were the same enhancement line. I'll figure out something.

I say keep you WF wiz rogue it is still just as versatile and potent as before.
    You will want to use your free heart to respec so you can max your spellcraft skill but other than that not much else has changed.
    Firewall is still king till the vale , web is still awesome CC. Either invis past or round everything up and burn them all down at once to conserve SP.

I'll preface this by pointing out that I'm a big fan of Acid / Ice spec, and the Web conjuration SLA. Acid rain, Ice storm + acid blast is a nifty combo when you've got mobs stuck in a 3sp quickened heightened web.

After that I've sort of pushed you towards an Enchantment build, I'm not sure you'll have the DC's required to go necro specced if you play on elite content, enchant spells target will saves which are generally lower than fort saves. As you level, charm + web + acid blast is enough to clear the majority of dungeons fast.

Build:

Enhancments:

It's probably possible for you to swap feats now whilst you're still a low level, then carry out the free featswap quest to swap a second feat free. Or you could use your free LR.