Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conjure Bolts

Sub-basement of my own personal third hell.

Default Conjure Bolts

Was there some change I wasn't notified of or is it bugged?

I purchased some conjure bolt scrolls and attempted to use them on my rogue (mechanic xbow user) and to no avail the bolts did not appear in my inventory.
    Scrolls were expended but no bolts were produced. Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug?
    "I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
    Learn to swim..."

*I'm not sure I like these new forums..*

it's been on the known issues for a long time now
    Azrielah Angelus Mortis (Tri-Completionist)
    ~Cannith~
    "I Will Never be a Memory"

ok, I found it... had to some "comb" reading to get it..
    Learn to swim..."

Yes, unfortunately the Scroll of Conjure Bolts does not actually conjure bolts. Or if it does, the bolts are sent to another plane of existence (I like to think there's an home in the plane of Thelanis where all the bolts are sent, and the elf rages every time another pile of bolts drops in his/her den.)

That said, this is unfortunately a low-priority fix at the moment, so I don't have an ETA on when or if this will be resolved.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    That said, this is unfortunately a low-priority fix at the moment, so I don't have an ETA on when or if this will be resolved.
    Low priority? This renders RXBs effectively Arti-only weapons. Even Deneith bolts only offer 4x storage efficiency over standard bolts. This effectively limits anyone from trying a creative repeater build in any class, but especially limits Rogue Mechanics who are *supposed* to be Repeater users.

You said recently that we should make it known if something should be higher priority - this is one

If the problem is it would take too much effort to fix the problem, then give us a workaround instead....add some 100% Returning bolts to the game at some Heroic level, or change how RXBs use ammo so it only consumes 1 bolt per triplet, more commensurate with arrow usage, or make Flame Arrow usable in public instances and increase the yield to 1000 (I think that's still working properly when used from scroll/wand).

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I've said it before, Jerry. I'll say it again. The current method of prioritization is hurting the game. Things that visibly affect gameplay (this counts) need a higher priority than just trivial.

This isn't a clothing option clipping, this isn't a wrong piece graphically showing up, this affects combat/actual game play.

Community Member

Yes, unfortunately the Scroll of Conjure Bolts does not actually conjure bolts. Or if it does, the bolts are sent to another plane of existence (I like to think there's an home in the plane of Thelanis where all the bolts are sent, and the elf rages every time another pile of bolts drops in his/her den.)

It would be nice if this were a higher-priority fix, sir.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

elf rages every time another pile of bolts drops in his/her den
    Den, DEN!! Human ingrates, mumble, mumble, mutter, mutter.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Emizand View Post
    Den, DEN!! Human ingrates, mumble, mumble, mutter, mutter.........................
    ha ha ha us Halflings hid from blame again
    Always haggle venders - Anicheap Copperpincher
    Anigiant the Halfling
    Most dangerous enemy tactic ... Lag Death
    Beyond Good and Evil - Sarlona

Community Member

Default Money money Money...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Low priority? This renders RXBs effectively Arti-only weapons. Even Deneith bolts only offer 4x storage efficiency over standard bolts. This effectively limits anyone from trying a creative repeater build in any class, but especially limits Rogue Mechanics who are *supposed* to be Repeater users.

You said recently that we should make it known if something should be higher priority - this is one

If the problem is it would take too much effort to fix the problem, then give us a workaround instead....add some 100% Returning bolts to the game at some Heroic level, or change how RXBs use ammo so it only consumes 1 bolt per triplet, more commensurate with arrow usage, or make Flame Arrow usable in public instances and increase the yield to 1000 (I think that's still working properly when used from scroll/wand).
    Yep. That's the reason I left my mechanic build on the dust until I got artificer class. They force us to buy (or unlock artificer with cannith favor ) for using repeater builds, and most of the ppl that want to try a repeater build would buy the artificer class in part by this reason.

I say this is High Priority. The scrolls are being used up with nothing being given in return. The UMD for the scroll is higher than Sorc/Wiz scrolls of same level, so we are already taking a hit there. If Turbine does not wish to make this a priority then they should change it and only let it be bought by Toons with 1 or more levels of Arty, as they are the only ones who can make use of them.
    Always haggle venders - Anicheap Copperpincher
    Anigiant the Halfling
    Most dangerous enemy tactic ... Lag Death
    Beyond Good and Evil - Sarlona

Default Also.

Also, would it really be that bad if they were 100% Returning Bolts, instead?...

It doesn't add any "Fun" or "Challenge" to the game. It's just an annoyance to conjure 20,000 bolts, every time we log in.
    Last edited by Ryethielnas; 05-29-2014 at 03:48 PM.
    ||| Ghallanda - Ryethielnas |||

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Honestly, that's rather a large bit of hyperbole. My rogue mechanic got up to 16 before getting Arti levels quite fine. Three Large Thin Quivers (I believe - the 1000x3 ones) filled with easily-bought masterwork bolts and slightly-more-expensive +1 bolts and somewhat-more-expensive House D bolts got me through every quest he entered. Yes, it required some inventory management, but there was always a break in the action where I could move a few hundred bolts from one of the extra quivers to the main quiver (often done just by turning on auto-attack and hitting tab every few seconds while moving bolts). I also kept a few full quivers in the bank for the rare times when I wouldn't be able to buy more between quests. Most of the time, I only went through the regular bolts in two quivers before I had a chance to swing by a general vendor and replace them; I *never* felt I had to worry about replacing the +1s or Deneith bolts until I got around to it, and mostly kept them for the few rare "oh bleep!" moments.

The only problem being he's a STR-dumped halfling, and 9K bolts got heavy...

That said, I don't disagree that this shouldn't be a high-priority matter; I just think some people are blowing things out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethielnas View Post
    Also, would it really be that bad if they were 100% Returning Bolts, instead?...
    Yeah, why aren't they returning bolts like AA arrows?
    Last edited by LrdSlvrhnd; 05-29-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

yes this needs to be higher priority, i take it there are things that should be even more high priority (game breaking bugs that benefit players) but i believe this is far higher priority than a couple ladders dropping you off of them at times (up until game breaking bugs that benefit players happened). I just think that its probably a simple fix, if its not take the scrolls OUT of the vendor and make it a rare scroll until you manage to fix it, THEN you must re add them to the vendor... its rather upsetting that my HELF rogue/fighter with artificer dilly can't use conjure bolts without just taking an artie level
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

This doesn't work? I dont' play a rogue repeater user so I didn't know. Now I do, and knowing a bunch of other bugs that need fixing... this one should definitely be higher priority. Anything a player expends resources on or expects to get by investing in skills should work. Any fix is welcome - even if you just put whatever flag you have on flame arrow that requires a blank bolt to create from - if it created a thousand from a single bolt, and it worked, I don't think anyone would mind, I'd agree a true fix was at that point low priority. Heck, change the spell to work that way for Arties if you want. But if I have a scroll that does x and the umd to use it, and I make that roll... if it doesn't work that's just lame.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

This doesn't work? I dont' play a rogue repeater user so I didn't know. Now I do, and knowing a bunch of other bugs that need fixing... this one should definitely be higher priority. Anything a player expends resources on or expects to get by investing in skills should work. Any fix is welcome - even if you just put whatever flag you have on flame arrow that requires a blank bolt to create from - if it created a thousand from a single bolt, and it worked, I don't think anyone would mind, I'd agree a true fix was at that point low priority. Heck, change the spell to work that way for Arties if you want. But if I have a scroll that does x and the umd to use it, and I make that roll... if it doesn't work that's just lame.

Frankly in my view any bug that is easy to consistently replicate (i.e. doesnt' require wierd sets of circumstances) should be high priority anyway because in theory it is less effort to understand the root cause. Those are quick wins, surely, and a quick low priority win that customers will actually notice are worth any number of incremental lag improvements that are individually unnoticable.

However.... I simply do not know Turbine's full list of bugs. If we did, we might agree this one is way down on the 'when we have a spare minute' list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

How about changing all bolts to stack up to 1000, and increase the capacity of quiver stack sizes by x10? Would that be an easier QoL fix, more likely to be effected? (Honestly this is something that should happen regardless of a conjure-scroll-fix.)

*pokes head in to see why this thread went from 2 replies to more... * Holy ****... I didn't mean to start a discussion on "priority fixes" ... I am soooooooooooo sorry Cordovan... uhm... yea..

*ducks out stage left muttering under his breath* "jeeze mention a simple thing like 'why does *this* not work' and 'POW' insta thread explosion"....
    Learn to swim..."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Uncle72 View Post
    *pokes head in to see why this thread went from 2 replies to more... * Holy ****... I didn't mean to start a discussion on "priority fixes" ... I am soooooooooooo sorry Cordovan... uhm... yea..

*ducks out stage left muttering under his breath* "jeeze mention a simple thing like 'why does *this* not work' and 'POW' insta thread explosion"....
    its not your fault...your thread got hijacked by a yellow name

Community Member

its not your fault...your thread got hijacked by a yellow name
    lolol
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast