Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default VIP Weekend: +5% XP Bonus!

This is a VIP Weekend! VIP players will get an additional +5% bonus XP, bringing the VIP XP Bonus to 15%! Now through June 1st.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

+1 for supporting your subscription base!

good news for all us addicted to xp in all its flavors!

Community Member

That is great, the game has lost so many good players, lately. We need them back

Community Member

Really?! This is suppose to retain players? As a premium player, if the weekend bonuses are going to be VIP only, I can see myself playing alot less in the future, similar to how I played less during the Mote bonus during the recent Wintergames.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Really?! This is suppose to retain players? As a premium player, if the weekend bonuses are going to be VIP only, I can see myself playing alot less in the future, similar to how I played less during the Mote bonus during the recent Wintergames.
    While I agree that the majority of bonus weekends should apply to all players regardless of whether they are VIP, Premium or F2P, I don't see a problem with an occasional VIP only bonus weekend - as long as it remains a rare exception and does not become the rule.

lol.. really?

"I Dont pay every month and I'm not getting something for free so I'm not going to play!"

Sounds good to me.. Maybe us VIP's will have a little less lag if the F2P players arent using so many resources!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is a VIP Weekend! VIP players will get an additional +5% bonus XP, bringing the VIP XP Bonus to 15%! Now through June 1st.
    Nice to see a VIP bonus on top of the general bonus. It is only right that subscribers get a bit more than premium or free players.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

Is that going to stack with the +10% already going on? If so, really nice. ^_^

Not a VIP myself, but I am happy when I see them getting extra benefits because they are the ones who help let us FtP and Premium players keep our accounts that way. Thanks guys!
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Default Honestly don't get the point....

EDIT: I'm an idiot, please ignore this post Completlely forgot about the ongoing 10%.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

It's supposed to retain VIPs paying that monthly sub and maybe events like this will encourage others to sub.

On the other hand, if playing for free (even a premium player plays for free as much as he/she wants to) is not a good enough reason for you to stay, well I guess we'll miss you and your positive cheery attitude.

I concur. Dont upset the guy/gal Cordovan make it a flat 15% permanently for us VIPers. ;-)

Community Member

really? angst being expended over a nearly worthless bonus? geez, get a life.

i do see this is "worthless freebie" week. 5% more xp for vips (woo, yawn). sample from store is greater crafting xp elixirs. wow. people still craft? why? random drops are way better, even before epic. and apparently zero plans to update crafting any time soon, so why level up your skill? (btw, another thing they should be increasing the priority of, but it's hard, so they won't.)

'scuse me while i kiss the sky, i mean, skip this weekend. have fun vips who consider a 5% bonus significant, i won't be contributing to lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Actually the bonus for VIPs says that Turbine is grateful for their subscribers, and the fact that you think it's wrong says a lot about you as a person.
    No. It is bait and switch. Bait people into dumping more cash upfront to "buy" the game as Premium and then continue to degrade the value of following that path by making them second class citizens until they relent and switch to a subscription, invalidating most of their Premium purchases. Making people remorseful for having invested so much in the game only to get less XP, run slower, miss out on special bonuses, get fewer event and daily rewards, and be nickle-and-dimed for everything is not a good retention plan. People will be more likely to quit than subscribe after putting so much into their Premium accounts and being constantly reminded that they are less valuable than VIPs... and I suspect that is contributing to the shrinking player base.

If there were more Premium players than VIPs they should be taking Premium retention more seriously.

Truth is, when I started up my weekly casual static group a few years ago I counciled everyone to go Premium. We've all bought every pack in the game plus a good deal of the extras like manuals, shared banks, premium races and classes, etc. We just started on our 3rd lives and added a new player to our circle. But this time I counciled him to go VIP and purchase the expansion packs later with his free points as they go on sale.

Turbine will not get as much money from him as they have from us over the next couple years (if we even stay that much longer)... but they will be providing him a better playing experience and more perks.

I think it is a poor way to reward vets and Premium players. It makes us want to spend LESS on the game since we get less.

It used to be that Premium meant a-la-carte but equal. Now it is a-la-carte and unequal.

I am glad that vips feel more appreciated. But it could have been done without deprecating Premium players and creating a virtual caste system.
    Last edited by Full_Bleed; 05-31-2014 at 01:49 AM.

maybe you should pay turbine like the rest of us for a month to get the bonus. they do need to pay their employees you know.

Community Member

A whole extra 5%?

Easy now Turbine, you're spoiling them
    Corazonroto
    Soultrax
    Mantrax
    The Spellswords - Ghallanda

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Its both funny and sad at the same time to see people defending this bonus or claiming its good.

Last year we had DDO bonus weekends each week.
    For everyone.

Now its vip only. Because dropping $100 once a year and then never spending a cent is somehow better than dropping $20 then $50 then $30 or more during year.

Before it was 10% or sometimes 20%.
    Now its 5%.

Before it was bonus each week, now its bonus sometimes, sometimes idiotic event no one bothers to do, or nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Now its vip only. Because dropping $100 once a year and then never spending a cent is somehow better than dropping $20 then $50 then $30 or more during year.
    Yes it is in fact better. Because you then show up as a "Subscriber" and actual subscription numbers matter for lots of reasons and purposes.
    (NOTE: lots of other things do matter also - I am not saying that everything else is unimportant)

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Now its 5%.
    It's 5% off the total xp, 5% to optionals, 5% to CoV. The normal bonus weekends are 10% or 20% of the base xp of the quest, and do not apply to CoV gain, nor optionals.

Is it an uber bonus? No. But it's definitely not that bad, either.
    It's definitely an N-word.

I'm all for the VIPs perks. Turbine isn't doing anything wrong.

That beeing said, people in the forums need to stop thinking that premium players spend less than VIPs. Won't get in specifics, but I spend way more than $100 a year in this game as a premium player.

Maybe I don't count as a subscriber for marketing value, but the extra money that I spend more than make up for it. (Obviously some VIPS also spend more, but I'm betting for each of them there is another premium player who spends equivalently more).

I don't feel turbine treats me any worse than it does VIPS who were forced to buy shadowfeel as a EP, each model has its advantages, but I definitly don't like how some forum VIPS who spend much less than I do on this game try to make it looks like they are more valuable to the company than I am.

Its both funny and sad at the same time to see people defending this bonus or claiming its good.

Last year we had DDO bonus weekends each week.
    For everyone.

Now its 5%.

Before it was bonus each week, now its bonus sometimes, sometimes idiotic event no one bothers to do, or nothing at all.
    Keep in mind Bonus Days are usually just a weekend. We have had 10% for awhile now until U22 hits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast