Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    I haven't paid all that much attention to the groups in the LFM panel, but I don't remember seeing a BYOH labeled in a group advertisement for quite some time. I'm thinking like many others, it just might be assumed.
    You are on Thelanis, there are always byoh groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    and expect you to have mana pots.
    We definitely played with the same guys
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

The state of BYOH is sad indeed. Everything is assumed BYOH these days. In many pugs nobody bothers to throw heals around, few people buff at all.

I get it, your blue bar is not my red bar. I get it, mitigate and be self-sufficient. I get it, come prepared. I get it, you don't want to play a nanny. All of these are fine.

But seriously, if I'm several hundred HP short, and you're a divine or bard resting with several hundred SP left, throw a heal or two at the shrine, it's not that freakin' hard. You force me to stand there drinking pots, I have no nice words for you.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    You are on Thelanis, there are always byoh groups.
    I always post BYOHEALS.... does it work? No.. people don't understand what it means or just don't care and summon a hireling.. At that point I usually just leave them behind and zerg the quest and let them die behind me. Then I get to read their lil "Elitist are the bane of this game!!!1" rants on the forums.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    I always post BYOHEALS.... does it work? No.. people don't understand what it means or just don't care and summon a hireling.. At that point I usually just leave them behind and zerg the quest and let them die behind me. Then I get to read their lil "Elitist are the bane of this game!!!1" rants on the forums.
    A hireling is heals. Pugs are for newbs. If you insist on playing where most only new players play, then you should at least let them bring a hireling if they need. Your life would be so much easier if you just got over it. It would be like going to a gay bar and being angry that all the guys are hitting on you.

My LFMs have ip mostly, if nothing else is written there, people can bring there family, idc. Whenever there is an ip LFM I assume someone can do it alone but likes some help to speed it up. That works, with or without hireling. Just don't act up aBout it and say what you want. That's no rocket science.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    A hireling is heals. Pugs are for newbs. If you insist on playing where most only new players play, then you should at least let them bring a hireling if they need. Your life would be so much easier if you just got over it. It would be like going to a gay bar and being angry that all the guys are hitting on you.
    No it would be like going to the bar and the guys being angry that the straight dude isn't hitting on them.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    If you like to solo-zerg quests, why do you post LFMs?
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    But seriously, if I'm several hundred HP short, and you're a divine or bard resting with several hundred SP left, throw a heal or two at the shrine, it's not that freakin' hard. You force me to stand there drinking pots, I have no nice words for you.
    I will assume this is true story, and you're not inventing it to prove your point. Man, change ppl you're grouping with !!

I like zerging, not soloing. I post IP cuz experience has proven this is the best accelerator for filling lfms
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    I will assume this is true story, and you're not inventing it to prove your point. Man, change ppl you're grouping with !!

I like zerging, not soloing. I post IP cuz experience has proven this is the best accelerator for filling lfms
    The problem is people capable of zerging are not pugging. You are not attracting the people you wish to attract.

Founder

What?! Not only do you have no basis for stating that PUGs are for newbs but your example is nonsensical.

The problem is people capable of zerging are not pugging. You are not attracting the people you wish to attract.
    This is right AND wrong at the same time.

For my groups I expect BYOH, and for harder quests I loosen up my expectations. All that matters to me is that you at least come prepared to do what it takes to stay alive. If there's no divine in my group I will always ask if people need a hire. I'd rather have a healbot than 10% xp loss. But regardless... I've always been of the belief that if you aren't willing to come prepared, why should I bother to take you along?
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Mother of Life
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

Because we like meeting new people that can speed things up.

If Im on my caster, or at epics with anything that has cocoon, I hate when people throw me heal when Im not fighting because recon/cocoon heals for all my hp, and when someone heals me when Im on half, I hit recon/cocoon, but like 1 millisecond before that someone throws heal on me, feels like I just wasted sp on cocoon/recon.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 06-18-2014 at 08:15 PM.

100% false.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Because we like meeting new people that can speed things up.

If Im on my caster, or at epics with anything that has cocoon, I hate when people throw me heal when Im not fighting because recon/cocoon heals for all my hp, and when someone heals me when Im on half, I hit recon/cocoon, but like 1 millisecond before that someone throws heal on me, feels like I just wasted sp on cocoon/recon.
    It's what happens when you meet new people who are trying to speed things up. These are the kinds of things that should be expected when pugging.

Well, I Zerg and Pug and if there isn't an "Elite - IP" LFM already up when I log in I put one up.

I also think that putting "IP" should tell anyone who joins that they will be responsible for themselves and that the leader is capable of soloing, but would rather run with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by DakFrost View Post
    I also think that putting "IP" should tell anyone who joins that they will be responsible for themselves and that the leader is capable of soloing, but would rather run with other people.
    This so much. I'm on life #9 now and at this point it's never a manner of "Can I solo it?" as it is "Do I want to?". Soloing is boring to me and I would much rather have company when running a quest. That being said I still want people that are going to assist me, not make it slower and more annoying. I do think though that if the party leader intends BYOH it should be made 100% clear before the run starts, and I'm guilty of not doing that myself often sadly.
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Mother of Life
    Life #26: Honey I Shrunk the Warlock - Pure 20 Warlock

Interesting this came up again.

So, a friend of mine joins a PUG raid. They are a healer. They like playing a dedicated healer, and they are actually pretty good at it. So, they play their toon they way they like - healing the group in a raid.

Midway through the raid, the party leader starts going off on my friend for having such a low kill count (1 kill). Claimed that they weren't "pulling their weight" because they were healing , as opposed to killing. After a tense exchange in language I will not repeat here, my friend rage quit.

Has this BYOH thing gone so off-the-rails that dedicated healers are no longer desired?

While I rarely need a dedicated healer for any of my toons, the quests always go smoother if my blade-swinging DPS has a fully-loaded bluebar behind them, keeping them healed.

(and before people go off on the LFM posting, the listing did not say BYOH).

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Interesting this came up again.

So, a friend of mine joins a PUG raid. They are a healer. They like playing a dedicated healer, and they are actually pretty good at it. So, they play their toon they way they like - healing the group in a raid.

Midway through the raid, the party leader starts going off on my friend for having such a low kill count (1 kill). Claimed that they weren't "pulling their weight" because they were healing , as opposed to killing. After a tense exchange in language I will not repeat here, my friend rage quit.

Has this BYOH thing gone so off-the-rails that dedicated healers are no longer desired?

While I rarely need a dedicated healer for any of my toons, the quests always go smoother if my blade-swinging DPS has a fully-loaded bluebar behind them, keeping them healed.

(and before people go off on the LFM posting, the listing did not say BYOH).
    While I agree that this is a bad situation and hopefully not a normal occurrence, I do have to wonder why your friend doesn't also help the group by doing damage? A blade barrier here and there, DP on orange and red names, doesn't require constant attention if you are really putting a lot into healing.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast