Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Knight View Post
    Gah, one last post... You asked your cable company's SALES REP a question they are authorized to answer. Did you go to a different department of the cable company, and demand answers for things that department has nothing to do with? Which is what threads like this are doing.

They demand information from code monkeys and PR reps that the marketing department is in charge of. Information the PR rep probably doesn't have authorization to provide, and the code monkeys likely don't know. You know, since they're busy working on improving the game's code and writing new code for new features/content.

Here's an example of the difference from not too long ago. City of Heroes had still been going strong at the time of it's being shut down. Sure, server populations were lower then they had been in it's prime, but the game was still going strong. NCSoft's marketing people told the developers in Paragon Studios the game was receiving full support. Paragon Studios worked on and released some more paid content for the game. And a day after this new content was launched, Marketing announced that the game would be shut down permanently in one month's time, with no payments being accepted for cash shop currency or subscription any longer. This was done so that funds could be allocated to a different studio that was working on a project. A studio which at the time was just a money sink. No one at Paragon Studios had known this was going to happen, they were told to keep working on the game. The community rep Cuppa Jo hadn't known this, she'd been told the game was still going strong. It caught everyone who had any contact with the game's forum community as completely off guard as it did the players.

Does THIS illustrate the difference between developers, community reps, and the people who make decisions about marketing? If not, maybe you can't grasp the concept.
    I understand the differences now that you explained them, I just don't see where you're going with your skis, honestly. I'd like an answer to my query, it's not my job to do an investigation to find out which guy with what job title at Turbine can answer my question. I got canadian dollars in my wallet, I ask if they would reveal information on if they plan to do a server merge or allow transfers out of Wayfinder, find the answer, give me the answer (or don't), and then I'll check back later and if you allow any of merges/transfers, then I'll shower them with some money.

If they don't know, cool. I'll keep my canadian dollars until they know and until they do. Capitalism.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default complaints

Anyone is more than welcome to complain on many different Forums.

The Devs have difficult task of keeping these forums constructive, informative and helpful.

They have learned that certain threads only invite negativity.

This is not a public forum, nor is it a gathering place of your "rights".

I often wish that certain things were developed differently, but ultimately the Devs have to make the best decisions for the game that pays their bills.

Any specific negativity about the game should be brought to other forums or sent in Private Emails.

There is no room for personal attacks.......
    Last edited by Cordovan; 05-24-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Cathimon View Post
    I understand the differences now that you explained them, I just don't see where you're going with your skis, honestly. I'd like an answer to my query, it's not my job to do an investigation to find out which guy with what job title at Turbine can answer my question. I got canadian dollars in my wallet, I ask if they would reveal information on if they plan to do a server merge or allow transfers out of Wayfinder, find the answer, give me the answer (or don't), and then I'll check back later and if you allow any of merges/transfers, then I'll shower them with some money.

If they don't know, cool. I'll keep my canadian dollars until they know and until they do. Capitalism.
    *Sighs*

The point is that the people you are demanding answers from are NOT the people WITH the answers. The people with the answers you insist you need don't post on the forums. They probably don't even read the forums to begin with. And, and here's the biggest part, they aren't accountable to me, you, or any other player of DDO. They are accountable to their boss, which us players don't qualify as. Marketing likely doesn't even have someone who plays the game. Or if someone in marketing does play the game, they do so on their own dime and still couldn't give you any information.

Demand answers all you want but all you'll be doing is insisting data from people who don't have the answers you want, and can't tell you anything if they did. These threads are a waste of time. They do nothing except clutter the forum. And if other PLAYERS didn't post, the odds are it would never go past having one post in it. Ever. How is that productive?
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

Community Member

*Sighs*

The point is that the people you are demanding answers from are NOT the people WITH the answers. The people with the answers you insist you need don't post on the forums. They probably don't even read the forums to begin with. And, and here's the biggest part, they aren't accountable to me, you, or any other player of DDO. They are accountable to their boss, which us players don't qualify as. Marketing likely doesn't even have someone who plays the game. Or if someone in marketing does play the game, they do so on their own dime and still couldn't give you any information.

Demand answers all you want but all you'll be doing is insisting data from people who don't have the answers you want, and can't tell you anything if they did. These threads are a waste of time. They do nothing except clutter the forum. And if other PLAYERS didn't post, the odds are it would never go past having one post in it. Ever. How is that productive?
    Can't these people WITHOUT answers ask people WITH answers? We're not asking for the documents revealing who really killed JFK, we're asking what I believe to be quite sensible questions. What's sensible in capitalism is them making money by providing the services people want. I don't care how you do it, just do it and I'll give you my canadian dollars.

They do nothing except clutter the forum. And if other PLAYERS didn't post, the odds are it would never go past having one post in it.
    Hey, that's a high quality Yogiism right here!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Default Not a wall of text, but still kinda lengthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Cathimon View Post
    They did not always act on issues right away in the past so forgive us for being insistant. It wouldn't kill them to answer our inquiries once in a while.
    Have you not read any of the threads that include Dev/rep responses? They're tarred, feathered and flamed far more often they are ingaged in civil discussion or intelligent debate. I see their involvement in these threads going something like the following:

{scenario A}
    • Turbine:
    "While more players would always be a good thing, we're currently satisfied with both the core population that stays long term, and the ratio of newly joining players to those exiting or taking breaks."

• Fanboi replys:
    "See! Everything's fine, I knew it!"

• Moderate replys:
    "I don't know. While there's always ups & downs, it sure feels like more downs than ups lately..."

• Doomer replys:
    "You're full of ****! The population has been steadily declining, everyone can see it and you just won't admit it!"

{scenario B}
    • Turbine:
    "We have recently undergone some major changes in the game's systems regarding character development and combat mechanics. A certain amount of immediate attrition was expected, though we feel the over all improvement of those systems will lead to better new player retention and a long term growth that will eventually out weigh those attritted."

• Fanboi replys:

• Moderate replys:
    "Sounds plausible, guess we'll have to wait and see..."

• Doomer replys:
    "You're full of ****! The population has been steadily declining, everyone can see it and you just won't admit it!"

{scenario C}
    • Turbine:
    "Yes, DDO is an aging game and as such there has been more population loss than growth. This is the expected life cycle of any online game. However, we feel that for a game close to a decade old that DDO is doing quite well and intend to continue with both support and development for the foreseeable future."

• Fanboi replys:

• Moderate replys:
    "Yup, that about matches my observations..."

• Doomer replys:
    "You're full of ****! The game is dying and you just won't admit it!"

{scenario D - least likely but included for the sake of humor & completeness}
    •Turbine:
    "Yup, all y'alls interpretation of DDO Oracle is spot on. We've been hemorrhaging players and the game should be closed in no more than 18 months, tops."

• Fanboi replys:
    "No way! This doesn't match my experience at all!"

• Moderate replys:
    "Thanx for the honesty, I'll enjoy the game while it lasts..."

• Doomer replys:
    "See! I knew it, you guys ****ed everything up! Screw you, I hate you, you broke my toy!"

Basically, I expect that people who are happy with the game will remain so, and people who want to flame Turbine will continue to do so. Player's gonna play, lover's gonna love & hater's gonna hate; doesn't really matter what Turbine says.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

We discuss subjects when we are able and ready to discuss them. Demanding that a company discuss a subject before an appropriate answer is available is not productive, nor will it get you an answer more quickly.

Now, since this thread both re-opens a previously-closed thread, and discusses moderation action taken, both in violation of the Community Guidelines, it is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123