Default What Class Should Get The Next PRE?

The following classes only have 2 PRE which do you think should get the next PRE

Artificer
    Druid
    Favored Soul
    Fighter
    Paladin
    Sorcerer

I would vote Paladin.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

In order of priority (to me) I would go:

Paladin
    Fighter
    Druid
    Artificer
    Favored soul
    Sorcerer

Community Member

Paladin is pretty pathetic as it is now. I'm dumping quite a few APs on my guy, there's nothing really badass in any of their two trees. Even the capstones are meh, I don't even feel compeled to invest in them.

I love my pally, but I hate the trees.

Something along the lines of what the Divine Crusader ED tree did--now that would be sweet.
    Go America. Go Broncos.

Turbine needs to balance out and fix the crappy PrE's before they consider rolling out new ones. And they should fix AC before they even do that.

Evasion needs to be added as a capstone.
    Every capstone should be enhanced as a viable alternative to taking monk levels.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    In order of priority (to me) I would go:

Paladin
    Fighter
    Druid
    Artificer
    Favored soul
    Sorcerer
    This. I think it will end up like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Turbine needs to balance out and fix the crappy PrE's before they consider rolling out new ones.
    I disagree balancing the number of options should be done before balancing the options themselves.

And they should fix AC before they even do that.
    That I could get behind but honestly I would rather they not mess with the systems too much any more.

My Priority List would be:

Paladin
    Paladin
    Paladin
    Bard

Artificer
    Sorcerer

Arty and Sorc only because they need more interesting melee options, like Acolyte of the Skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    I disagree balancing the number of options should be done before balancing the options themselves.

That I could get behind but honestly I would rather they not mess with the systems too much any more.
    They need to fix the AC system in the game. It is utterly meaningless. They have slowly made the game completely worthless unless you take monk levels or have high dodge or both. The dodge system is stupid. We have people with 200 AC that are taking hits constantly in Epic content. There is no viable reason to play a sword and board character anymore. Aggro management has become people using ranged attacks and running around to mitigate damage control without taking any loss in damage output. This is a huge problem that needs attention before we put DDO in the retirement home this December and finally put the final cap on the game.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Community Member

Turbine needs to balance out and fix the crappy PrE's before they consider rolling out new ones. And they should fix AC before they even do that.

Every capstone should be enhanced as a viable alternative to taking monk levels.
    Exactly. Words of wisdom here.

They need to fix the AC system in the game. It is utterly meaningless. They have slowly made the game completely worthless unless you take monk levels or have high dodge or both. The dodge system is stupid. We have people with 200 AC that are taking hits constantly in Epic content. There is no viable reason to play a sword and board character anymore. Aggro management has become people using ranged attacks and running around to mitigate damage control without taking any loss in damage output. This is a huge problem that needs attention before we put DDO in the retirement home this December and finally put the final cap on the game.
    So what there's a defensive system in game that works Dodge+Concealment+Incorporeal is it ideal no but it works and like I said I would rather they leave system changes alone.

Also you don't need monk levels for any of that it might be the easiest way to get some defense but its far from the only option and this is more true now then it used to be when AC was still working by the D&D rules.

They need to fix the AC system in the game. It is utterly meaningless.
    Be careful what you wish for. Remember: they already did this once, and what we have now is the result. There's no garauntee (or for that matter even a reason to believe) that what you envision as the "fix" and what they would implement will match.

Added as a capstone to what, exactly? Which classes/pre's should get it? And most interestingly, how would you suggest they fix AC while making everyone with an evasion capstone restricted to light armor or robes?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Any ways back on topic 6/6 votes Paladin should get the next PRE.

Arti

Most other classes have something that's good. Arti's have nothing of their own that adds synergy between rune arm and crossbow. Once 20 hits Arti's keep falling behind.

None.

The next Pre's should be Racial Prestiges.

Paladin.
    Something between Warpriest and Kensei, with some Divine Crusader added in.

They need to fix the AC system in the game.

AC curve is steep, but it DOES work.
    Defense is multilayered now, and this is a good thing.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

We need Racial Prestige's and I would like to finally see Cleric Domains but if I had to choose:

Pally
    Artificer
    Druid
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

People want ac like before, get 100 and nothing can touch you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    People want ac like before, get 100 and nothing can touch you?
    Right, and have less than 80, and everything always hits you, through every level of the game above about 12.

Though there may still be the problem in epic elites that anything less than tank like ac doesn't help enough, through the entire rest of the game it works way better than it did before.

Also, If getting high enough ac that you get missed half the time doesn't help enough, then the problem probably isn't with the ac system.