Community Member

Default Is there a way to turn auto aiming off?

On multiple occasions I have witnessed that my arrows shoot at a different target, then the one I am aiming at - maybe there is some sort of auto aim engaged, that I can turn off?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonOfGloom View Post
    On multiple occasions I have witnessed that my arrows shoot at a different target, then the one I am aiming at - maybe there is some sort of auto aim engaged, that I can turn off?
    What ever you have targeted is where you'll be shooting.
    Use the Tab button to cycle through enemies to get to your desired target.

The default "G" button also turns auto-targeting on/off

Also, Options/key mapping, has settings for to Tab to nearest or next enemy.

Hope this helps.

Ayep, you want to go tweak your options/key mapping like ferd said. You'll be able to adjust the keys and it is also good to check out so you can see current settings, like the current toggle for on/off auto-aim (likely G as mentioned). I personally think its a good idea to turn it off and more actively manage what you're targeting. The last thing you want to do is repeat my mistake of having your target auto-switch from an ogre to a spider right as you are casting finger of death in Let Sleeping Dust Lie, after your party already killed 4 others (= auto-fail on the fifth).
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by DemonOfGloom View Post
    You can right click to stay on a target, even with auto aim enabled. Right click and Improved Precise Shot work great together. You can toggle the "G" button on the keyboard to turn auto aim on and off, but not necessary. No need to key map either.

I will sometimes select a target in the back of a group and right click with IPS on. Nice to kill 3-5 baddies at once instead of just one (with Improved Precise Shot, your ranged attacks pass through and potentially damage all foes in the projectile's path.)

For example, in the hall of many pillars in HH I will get the kobolds to line up sometimes as they charge me after I target the casters in the back so my bolts do damage to the warriors rushing out to get me.

On a side note, there are some quests/raids where you may wish to turn off IPS.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    You can right click to stay on a target, even with auto aim enabled. Right click and Improved Precise Shot work great together. You can toggle the "G" button on the keyboard to turn auto aim on and off, but not necessary. No need to key map either.

I will sometimes select a target in the back of a group and right click with IPS on. Nice to kill 3-5 baddies at once instead of just one (with Improved Precise Shot, your ranged attacks pass through and potentially damage all foes in the projectile's path.)

For example, in the hall of many pillars in HH I will get the kobolds to line up sometimes as they charge me after I target the casters in the back so my bolts do damage to the warriors rushing out to get me.

On a side note, there are some quests/raids where you may wish to turn off IPS.
    i totally agree...as a n00b, i just learned this after my 1st ranger life with my 2nd life mech rog; i'd been unclear on how IPS worked, but that just made the most sense.

but sadly on my 13" screen right clicking can be iffy. interestingly, using tab to target does indeed seem more accurate when aiming appropriately; it seems erratic at best for me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daarsurra View Post
    i totally agree...as a n00b, i just learned this after my 1st ranger life with my 2nd life mech rog; i'd been unclear on how IPS worked, but that just made the most sense.

but sadly on my 13" screen right clicking can be iffy. interestingly, using tab to target does indeed seem more accurate when aiming appropriately; it seems erratic at best for me otherwise.

If you are in mouselook mode, you can shoot at targets using the crosshair circle like in a third person shooter, as long as you don't have anything targeted, or you target yourself (key bind).
    + Cannith +
    + Csodaszarvas +
    + MCMLXXXVI + Ezredes + Giliszta + Halacska +