Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    That is because DC casters need a nerf!
    Somebody out kill you?

Gold Bond medicated powder works if you're sore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Somebody out kill you?

Gold Bond medicated powder works if you're sore.
    That hit you in a sensitive spot? Good, DC casters are overpowered again and evidently it is nerf season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    That hit you in a sensitive spot? Good, DC casters are overpowered again and evidently it is nerf season.
    Define over-powered.

Against trash in 90% of the content they are borderline god-mode.

Their red-named DPS sucks.

Is that over-powered in your book? Do you set the bar that low?

Community Member

Define over-powered.

Against trash in 90% of the content they are borderline god-mode.

Their red-named DPS sucks.

Is that over-powered in your book? Do you set the bar that low?
    I do now! Red names are far less than 10% of the mobs.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

I don't understand this idea people have the monkchers are OP because kiting takes way less damage.
    Have you watched Sestra's videos of him soloing EE raids? What about his EEMA solo he just posted the other day?
    He takes Constant damage in that video.

When I kite things on my AA, depending on the quest/place in the quest I'm kiting I can take just as much damage from melee mobs as ANY melee.

The problem I have with all these"Nerf Monkchers" thread is that you're literally asking to nerf an entire playstyle out of the game.
    100% Ranged characters with a bow? Never going to happen with this nerf.

You're demanding that everyone who likes playing ranged 100% of the time with a bow **** off and build hybrid builds that both melee and range because YOU don't like the way THEY play THEIR characters.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Unless it's Turbine's INTENTION that soloing EE raids while running backwards is okay, something is broken.
    It must have been clearly their intention to buff full time ranged characters.
    Why on earth would they put dragons in every single 'end game' raid if that was not their intention?
    Nerf ranged and the EE raids will be a PITA.

I don't know what their vision is/was. I don't like permanent ranged and don't play these type of characters.
    But current raids are what they are.

Nerf this and people will just move on to the next best ranged DPS thing, because it is necessary.
    And OP will still cry about it.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Adrenaline working with ranged is okay.

Recharging with ranged is not working as described.

Recharging with melee requires you to get your hands dirty.

Unless it's Turbine's INTENTION that soloing EE raids while running backwards is okay, something is broken.
    Or they could just buff the adrenaline on melees so that it works on every strike in the attack like it does with manyshot - all the hits on a cleave, all the glancing blows, the double strike, offhand, offhand double strike. I want to wade into a group and adrenaline lay waste or something like that.

Didn't realize at first I necro'd a thread... I shouldn't read these while half out of it from a lack of sleep sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    Or they could just buff the adrenaline on melees so that it works on every strike in the attack like it does with manyshot - all the hits on a cleave, all the glancing blows, the double strike, offhand, offhand double strike. I want to wade into a group and adrenaline lay waste or something like that.

have to say I was honestly shocked it didn't work like that from the start for Melee's - as I stated in game plenty when destinies first came out, this should be the case, you hit adrenaline then cleave and everything that attack hits should be the added dmg. As for ranged, after years of only doing melee or casters I finally TR'd my old evasion tank into a version of a monkcher a few months ago, and yes it's fun with adrenaline.

In my opinion though:

it's behind throwing stars for ranged which is getting yet another buff (or things to work as intended however you want to word it) to make that even better - constant multiple stars before 10k is even active is hard to keep up with

it's behind shiradi spam/energy burst casters - this is the ultimate easy button currently in the game if the toon is a robot - I have one and I just can't bring myself to play him unless I'm helping someone else cause it's just boring to me how OP it is with not needing gear/PL's/anything to be great

it's on par with melee depending on how you look at it - a blitzing bladeforged with con op+torc+halycomb for unlimited heals is a pure force (or easy to get SP pots to use in EE's) - not as much burst dmg obviously - but the dmg is still amazing - and oh yes constant dmg not limited to bursts! And yes monkcher has a clear advantage on bosses, but most of the game is mobs and getting to the end bosses.

Overall if they do follow through with adrenaline not building with bows throwing star build here I come, or I'll just roll something else because bows will be back to being situational at best or just a flavor option for those who love it.
    Last edited by Ballyspringer; 06-03-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    My reality needs imagination like a bulb needs a socket. My imagination needs reality like a blind man needs a cane. - Tom Waits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12