Default Tower Shield friends (if any). The End is Near. -.- But not really.

Swashbucklers. No matter how they change it, no matter what feedback you give... As long as the Tree stays powerful, as long as they don't forget about Bards again...

We WILL have to put our Tower Shields away and switch to Bucklers. You get most the advantages of being S&B with all the advantages of SWF, there's simply way too much DPS involved and they also get a lot of defenses in form of Dodge.
    Dodge? Erm... so we'll also have to swap our Full Plates for Light Armors but then we can work on getting 25% Dodge. I know that Fighters have a super cheap temporary +9% dodge enhancement that costs the Dodge feat.

Higher PRR and AC will never make up for all the DPS you're gaining, especially with the crazy diminishing returns mechanics, also Bards have access to 6 AC and 6 PRR for 4 AP, so we're not even losing all that much, not to mention Dodge.

There's also Displacement. I'm currently playing a S&B with 5 Wizard levels for permanent Displacement, something that Bards (and thus all S&Bs in U23) get with 7 class levels.

But in a way, this is the greatest indirect boost we could ever (realistically) dream of. We're actually getting good DPS and maybe even more physical defenses. ~ The cost is our pride, our individuality and our Paladin levels!

12 fighter 7 bard 1 fvs light armor and a buckler. As long as I can break triple digit prr, I'll be happy. Mind you Celestia is both a short sword and a bastard sword. So you can get all the swf feats, all the thf feats, all the shield feats (deflection is worthless without a tower) and all the cleaves. Only problem is that displacement won't last all that long so you would use a bit more sp than normal.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Fighter. Human. Bastard Sword and Shield. Divine Crusader. Writeup when I get gear and learn to play.
    Sereine De'Corenai 15 Rogue 3 Monk 2 Fighter. Unarmed stun build. Useless with all undead around.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    12 fighter 7 bard 1 fvs light armor and a buckler. As long as I can break triple digit prr, I'll be happy. Mind you Celestia is both a short sword and a bastard sword. So you can get all the swf feats, all the thf feats, all the shield feats (deflection is worthless without a tower) and all the cleaves. Only problem is that displacement won't last all that long so you would use a bit more sp than normal.
    You can't take thf and swf at the same time now. Displacement will last 1:24 seconds for 35 sp, I'm currently running around with 1 minute displacements while spamming Eldritch Strike, Divine Might, Divine Power and Coccoons.
    I guess I would try 8/8/4 Fig/Bard/Clr for Ameliorating Strike since we would have even more Doublestrike but would probably have to give up +6 CON from Tier 5 Imp. Stalwart Defense or Shield AC from Greater Stalwart Defense for it all to work out.

Erm, God wished it so that Swashbuckler is a Defensive Stance and thus can not be activated at the same time as Stalwart Defender.

~~
    Thoughts on giving up Stalwart completely?

EDIT: Link to Swashbuckler as it current stands on Lama: http://ddowiki.com/page/Swashbuckler_enhancements
    Last edited by Nayus; 05-19-2014 at 04:24 PM.