Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Time something ddo has lots but dont share with us

I think I figured them out, they are just not capable of staying in their promised timeframe because none of them know how to read time, or could it be something else, I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by stevene7uk View Post
    They don't mention when they are (asking) for your money to become a VIP or to buy adventures/classes or packages that :

DDO has constant bugs that need rectifying so downtime is often extended to rectify these re-occuring issues, this will leave you frustrated. Also whilst in game you will find that the 20th completion you have been working so hard to complete to obtain said item is definetely not guaranteed to give you said item. Ooops and just to make you feel that we are always here to help. Send us a ticket to which we will reply with please visit this website and leave your ideas for ingame improvement there. Soon I feel people will be asking for there money back. Esp when they begin to realize that some bugs and extended downtimes are causing them to no longer enjoy the game that they invest so much time and money.
    Another example of someone who fails to read the EULA, just scrolls down as quickly as possible, clicks "Accept", and expects everything to be perfect for them at all times.... Le sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    Is this posted somewhere?
    yes on facebook https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimited?fref=nf

Lotro is also down for the same length of time, so DDO players are not alone this time.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    2pm Eastern now... wow.
    Oh is it now?

Shesh
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Still says 11:30 on the first updated post in this thread, as well as the sign in screen when you load DDO.

Some of us aren't twits. We look for updates where they really should be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Holleyz View Post
    Did anyone teach people at ddo how to tell time? They are like drug dealers the only reliable thing about them is that you cant rely on them.
    Does anyone on the forum actually stick around here because they love the game that - GASP! - Turbine made for us? Or do people just come here to complain constantly?

Quote Originally Posted by ppsm09 View Post
    does anyone on the forum actually stick around here because they love the game that - gasp! - turbine made for us? Or do people just come here to complain constantly?

b)
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Does anyone on the forum actually stick around here because they love the game that - GASP! - Turbine made for us? Or do people just come here to complain constantly?
    both

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    Is this posted somewhere?
    Everywhere but here as that once again would require common sense.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Cool

<<snip>>
    Not to mention, does anyone know how easy or hard it is to defrag a server farm that's constantly running 24/7 with thousands upon thousands of people constantly coming and going, moving and shifting data around all the time? My computer defrags once a week, and it does it automatically while I'm sleeping. I set it up that way. Because if it defragged while I was awake, I'd be sitting here staring at the screen ripping my hair out waiting for it to be finished. I'd imagine defragging is a major issue for a server farm.
    <<snip>>
    I hope to god they use a filesystem that doesn't require defragging. Most widely used operating systems apart from Windows ship with filesystems that don't need to be defragged. Most NAS / SAN systems don't need defragging as they don't use NTFS (even if they report to Windows that they do), let alone (12,16,32,x)FAT.
    You are such an Elf.

And the answer is : answer d.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by MrJHawk View Post
    I hope to god they use a filesystem that doesn't require defragging. Most widely used operating systems apart from Windows ship with filesystems that don't need to be defragged. Most NAS / SAN systems don't need defragging as they don't use NTFS (even if they report to Windows that they do), let alone (12,16,32,x)FAT.
    This I did not know, and now that I do, I kinda' hope you're right. But even if it's not defragging, the servers probably do need some sort of regular maintenance. Most machines do. Cars, computers, planes, Star Jones.... Everything but the TARDIS. That's one perfect machine!

Community Member

and the Log In Server

Another example of someone who fails to read the EULA, just scrolls down as quickly as possible, clicks "Accept", and expects everything to be perfect for them at all times.... Le sigh...
    When we invest time and money into DDO we are allowed to have an opinion, may not be the same as yours but hey.

Mock me openly, I've said worse things about you behind your back.

Default A sippy cup spill?

Did a worker spill their sippy cup on a machine, or was it just lunch time? Anyway, I will enjoy some lunch myself and wait to grind out those last 2 levels!

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

How about an update on the time its like 12:10 Eastern isn't it.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I've only been playing for a couple years and I've already learned not to even bother trying to sign in until the evening when maintenance is scheduled for that morning. There's always unforeseen complications, just like construction, remodeling or auto repair. It's never, ever on time. How have you guys not learned this already?

Not to mention, does anyone know how easy or hard it is to defrag a server farm that's constantly running 24/7 with thousands upon thousands of people constantly coming and going, moving and shifting data around all the time? My computer defrags once a week, and it does it automatically while I'm sleeping. I set it up that way. Because if it defragged while I was awake, I'd be sitting here staring at the screen ripping my hair out waiting for it to be finished. I'd imagine defragging is a major issue for a server farm. Pop that into maintenance, and four hours is reasonable, considering my computer alone takes a half hour easily. Anywho, just my two cp.
    Ok, now let me tell you about my problems...

What, you don't want to hear about my problems? Imagine that.

I don't pay to listen to excuses. I can understand having unforeseen problems or even having a bad day once in a while. But this stuff is repeatable to the point that when they do what they say and communicate it well, it's truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    How about an update on the time its like 12:10 Eastern isn't it.
    The launcher says extended until 2pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast